Look at my new Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
On your 1000lb less car. Lets swap them to my car and see how they do!

He didn't set the civic up, so careful what you say. The car is currently tore down to the bare block awaiting a full rebuild. Everyone hates hondas because of what people try and do. This car is on its NINTH owner, has had nitrous ran through it, and the dumbass PO before only put water in the radiator and the car overheated causing the head to warp and destroyed the cam caps and the head. Now my friend is doing a full rebuild on it. It's things like these that make people hate hondas. A honda is a economy car, plain and simple. When I hear Honda...I surely don't think "fast".

What are GSR fronts? One piston? My toyota truck has the same thing, and man they sure do feel better then my S2's fronts...
They are still one piston i beleive, but larger rotors. I drove a hatch with a similar setup and loved it. Not much can touch those in the twistys. basic turbo setup, 240whp and 2000lbs.... nice.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:09 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
On your 1000lb less car. Lets swap them to my car and see how they do!

He didn't set the civic up, so careful what you say. The car is currently tore down to the bare block awaiting a full rebuild. Everyone hates hondas because of what people try and do. This car is on its NINTH owner, has had nitrous ran through it, and the dumbass PO before only put water in the radiator and the car overheated causing the head to warp and destroyed the cam caps and the head. Now my friend is doing a full rebuild on it. It's things like these that make people hate hondas. A honda is a economy car, plain and simple. When I hear Honda...I surely don't think "fast".

What are GSR fronts? One piston? My toyota truck has the same thing, and man they sure do feel better then my S2's fronts...

Some Hondas are fast.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sbUcVm45dIk
Old 01-15-2008, 11:11 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Porsche owners are farrr too close minded in my opinion. That isn't directed to any of the previous posts. And lart, well, can't be serious. Granted a super modified (engine swapped) honda doesn't stand a chance on a track with a well modified (club racing gt3 class etc.) 944 turbo, they're still impressive in their own right. You'd also never see the amount of money thrown at a Honda, like you would a GT3 prepped 951. Go look at the times for laps on different tracks between the cars. Honda challenge, for example. A swapped honda does quite well. And there is something to be said for the reliability of the Honda on a track. It makes for a great, cheap track car. Are they ugly, yea. FWD, unfortunately. But if you've never driven a correctly built Honda hatch, you should def keep your mouth shut. I did say correctly, for those that missed it.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:49 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorax
They are still one piston i beleive, but larger rotors. I drove a hatch with a similar setup and loved it. Not much can touch those in the twistys. basic turbo setup, 240whp and 2000lbs.... nice.
I'm so sick of Honda facts, but you can direct swap out 2 piston NSX brakes. Direct bolt on.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:42 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 95ONE
I'm so sick of Honda facts, but you can direct swap out 2 piston NSX brakes. Direct bolt on.
Of course I can, but I didn't for a good reason. wtf would I add so much more unsprung weight? If i really needed more braking, I could go ITR and that would be more overkill then I already have.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:30 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

I know there are some monster civics running around. We have several 6-700whp cars in the KC area. They take a little while to spool, but when they do...they're gone. However, these cars are crap. They aren't anything remotely nice and almost thrown together. Dirty cars. That's where I lose it with honda people. Why put money in to a car, then not at least keep the thing clean or presentable? I'm talking leaves, twigs and debris in the engine bay on these 6-700whp cars. No joke. I can appreciate any car that is clean and well done...but these, no. Fast? Sure. Nicely done? No.

Truth be told, I'm talking to a girl that drives a civic. Nothing ricey. It's a two toned car, black on top orange on bottom divide by a green pinstripe and black 17's. Rather good looking car in my eyes. Now if she was to slam on the wing, fart can and paint the calipers orange...no, then it would suck.

That's what I like about *most* 951's. They are cleanly done and not just thrown together. I can appreciate them more no matter what will or won't beat them. I'm just not into the boy racer honda market and never will be. I was into that when I was 11 or 12 when I didn't know jack about cars. I'm not bad mouthing a nicely done honda, but come on...they only go so far...
Old 01-16-2008, 05:45 AM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

I love how this thread turned from "New Daily Drive" to "HONDAZ R RACE CARZ CEPT FOR 99 PERCETAZ"

Quick Reply: Look at my new Daily Driver