Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

SMT6 and Wideband O2

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 PM
UK952
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent time for me to drop back into rennllist, I have an LC1 sitting on my desk at home and and smt-6 waiting to ship when my bank gets its act together (sorry John), Hi to those that remember me, too busy at the moment to drop by more regularly,
Tony

PS 944 posts yeah!
Old 06-01-2016, 03:50 AM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Currently setting this up with my APSX D2 Wideband. Connected the wideband output to engine temp. Would it be best to set 0V to 100 and 5V to 190? Which is the range of my wideband. Any information would be much appreciated. It's either this or do the voltage divider. Just need to source the particular resistors.

Originally Posted by schadenfreude
I hooked up the 0-5V linear output from my AEM wideband into the engine temp input of the SMT-6. Then used the engine temp calibration screen in the Vitesse SMT-6 software to map 0V to 100 and 5V to 150, so that it displays/logs AFR x10.

I need to get a laptop so that I don't have to borrow other people's to do tuning, unfortunately soon you'll only be able to get Vista, which isn't compatible with the VB runtime the SMT/VR software uses. Anyone else had any luck here, hacking it into submission?

It does *sort* of work in Linux under Wine though, which is what I might have to end up using...
Old 06-17-2016, 03:31 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Wanted to give an update and help others in the future. Was able to get my wideband to log on my SMT6 Engine Temp input with the help of this thread http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/2773503-post9.html and with the help of John at Vitesse. He recommend you change engine temp calibration to desired scale...for Example my temp calibration command lines were: TL 0 200 255 and TH 15 100 0

And to those that are thinking that this equipment Im using is ancient, it is, is there better options there are. But it works for my application and the number 1 thing is customer support which John at Vitesse has always provided me. From helping me wire up the first ever Wasted Spark Kit ( originally from Special Tool who hacked up the harness badly ), updated firmware for my MoMonitor and now help with my SMT6. Much Appreciated John!
Old 06-17-2016, 10:03 PM
lejams
Pro

Originally Posted by shortyboy
Wanted to give an update and help others in the future. Was able to get my wideband to log on my SMT6 Engine Temp input with the help of this thread http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/2773503-post9.html and with the help of John at Vitesse. He recommend you change engine temp calibration to desired scale...for Example my temp calibration command lines were: TL 0 200 255 and TH 15 100 0

And to those that are thinking that this equipment Im using is ancient, it is, is there better options there are. But it works for my application and the number 1 thing is customer support which John at Vitesse has always provided me. From helping me wire up the first ever Wasted Spark Kit ( originally from Special Tool who hacked up the harness badly ), updated firmware for my MoMonitor and now help with my SMT6. Much Appreciated John!
When's the last time you communicated with John? I emailed him about a month ago and never heard a thing.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:36 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by shortyboy

Wayne, glad you got it configured to your liking. Even more glad to see the 12+ years old components still doing their job.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:39 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by lejams
When's the last time you communicated with John? I emailed him about a month ago and never heard a thing.
Hey Jim, I never received an email from you. Did you send it to John or Sales @ vitesseracing.com account?

Try resending it.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:50 AM
lejams
Pro

Originally Posted by fast951
Hey Jim, I never received an email from you. Did you send it to John or Sales @ vitesseracing.com account?

Try resending it.
That's probably why. I still have your old comcast email and assumed you were still using it.

Last edited by lejams; 06-18-2016 at 03:07 PM.

Quick Reply: SMT6 and Wideband O2