Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FMIC Build!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 09:01 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
You're out Dana. I'm in for 100 at 2 bucks, with a 20 buck liscencong fee. Stand in line!
I thought this picture was a price advertisement....

Now you are raising the price to $2??

-Dana
Old 04-12-2012, 07:04 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not personal. It's business.
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2012, 01:43 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Great work!! Looks about the same size and shape as mine. I still had to notch the bumper support on mine to get it to slide down all the way though. Pain in the rear but it was worth it.

Here's how mine turned out after installation:

Old 04-14-2012, 03:48 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by drift a 944
Great work!! Looks about the same size and shape as mine. I still had to notch the bumper support on mine to get it to slide down all the way though. Pain in the rear but it was worth it.

Here's how mine turned out after installation:

Dude? WTF? You holding out on me? I'm just finding out now? DUUUUUDE.....
Old 04-14-2012, 01:49 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ehall
Dude? WTF? You holding out on me? I'm just finding out now? DUUUUUDE.....
haha! I had a feeling you would like that.

Mine is just a simple kit from CX-Racing, I think this is it here: http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant...gory_Code=INCO

A friend of mine ordered it for his 951 and decided to go a different route, so I bought it from him brand new. He included a box full of different aluminum IC pipes and silicone couplers of different shapes and angles, which I would also recommend getting, as that enabled me to route my pipes and couplers properly to the inlet and outlet without much trouble.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

haha! I had a feeling you would like that.

Mine is just a simple kit from CX-Racing, I think this is it here: http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant...gory_Code=INCO

A friend of mine ordered it for his 951 and decided to go a different route, so I bought it from him brand new. He included a box full of different aluminum IC pipes and silicone couplers of different shapes and angles, which I would also recommend getting, as that enabled me to route my pipes and couplers properly to the inlet and outlet without much trouble.

That is the intercooler link, do you have the kit link. They make a LOT of kits.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:43 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian Broderick
That is the intercooler link, do you have the kit link. They make a LOT of kits.
I looked through many pages of kits and I can't seem to find the right one.

The kit I was provided for mine is fairly simple though. It just included a handful of 2.5" hard pipes (straight, 90 degree, 45 degree, etc.), a handful of silicone couplers (same as before, straight, 90, 45, etc. options) and a bunch of clamps. I don't even think all that was really necessary, seeing as I only used (2) 90 degree couplers, one straight piece of hard pipe that I cut to size for the outlet end, and one 45 degree hard pipe that I used as a slight kink needed for the inlet end. And that's it... I used the factory couplers to attach them to the factory IC pipes.
So there's not much you can tell from just peering into the bay. All the magic is hidden under the nose panel.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Broderick
I've got the same one.
no kit. all it comes with are mounting brackets. all you need is 2x 90degree (that go straight onto the intercooler) couplers and some 2.5" aluminium tube. (from the 90degree couplers to the ic pipes)

only thing i don't like about it is the fins look to small and to close together. looks like air has a tough time getting though the core.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:12 PM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulyy
I've got the same one.
no kit. all it comes with are mounting brackets. all you need is 2x 90degree (that go straight onto the intercooler) couplers and some 2.5" aluminium tube. (from the 90degree couplers to the ic pipes)

only thing i don't like about it is the fins look to small and to close together. looks like air has a tough time getting though the core.
Agreed, bar and plate cores are not the best choice if you are going to mount in front of the radiator. You need a coarse tube and fin core, designed to flow lots of air through to the rad. You also need dedicated ducting to force air through both the IC and the rad.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:16 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I looked through many pages of kits and I can't seem to find the right one.

The kit I was provided for mine is fairly simple though. It just included a handful of 2.5" hard pipes (straight, 90 degree, 45 degree, etc.), a handful of silicone couplers (same as before, straight, 90, 45, etc. options) and a bunch of clamps. I don't even think all that was really necessary, seeing as I only used (2) 90 degree couplers, one straight piece of hard pipe that I cut to size for the outlet end, and one 45 degree hard pipe that I used as a slight kink needed for the inlet end. And that's it... I used the factory couplers to attach them to the factory IC pipes.
So there's not much you can tell from just peering into the bay. All the magic is hidden under the nose panel.
Glad to see the engine bay back in shape, since the fire. When you get a chance, can you take a couple of close-ups of the front of the car and give me some info on how/where you mounted it? Thanks!
Old 04-14-2012, 07:55 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GSP-V-MOUNT-...#ht_2809wt_972

like this but 3" thick? How much harder is it to fit a 3.5" thick one?

also, did you move the wiring harness that runs across the front?
Old 04-15-2012, 02:55 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

I dropped my harness underneath it.

I might ditch the intercooler I have and go with a custom tube and fin one and mount a larger oil cooler behind it to get airflow through all the cores.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:12 AM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

Woaaahhh, back from the dead. First off I need to apologize to 67king. He was supposed to buy a 3.0L block from me and an untimely death of my best friend and a reality show being filmed where I work made me completely lose track of my life for about 4 months. He sent me the money and got zero reply from me and then requested the money back and paypal gave it back. I was unaware of any money being sent to me or taken back, as I was working 16 hour days and not getting online. I'm glad He got his money back because I feel horrible that it happened. I'm not sure why I needed to air that out to everyone, I just thought that everyone should know that I was a terrible seller in that one transaction.

SO moving on, those welds I posted make me cringe. If I still had access to those intercoolers I would build them for you guys. Unfortunately I no longer work at that place and with my new job I barely have any time to even order parts for my 951 (which has been sitting for about a year now).

Whoever said that I was probably doing a v8 swap is right. Only I'm not using an ls1. Im using a toyota 1uzfe. It's a 4.0L v8, aluminum block with iron sleeves, 6 bolt mains, dohc, 32v. And for the first time I am doing an N/A build, so ITBs have been ordered. Dimensionally the engine will fit without cutting anything out of the engine bay. I haven't had time to mock it up yet but I am going to within the next week or 2 once I get the engine to bellhousing adapter made, that way I can make some engine mounts and start getting all the little details figured out.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:35 AM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

and to make myself feel better here are some of my recent welds haha.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:07 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

They're horrible!

Quick Reply: FMIC Build!!!