Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Winter project under way. Updated 01/07

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 08:58 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the whole finished car pictured in my head. I guess you guys haven't been able to see it though. LOL. Clean parts and paint make such a huge difference. I can't wait to show you the full Tilton Set up all placed nicely inside the car, including all the custom Stainless lines.

I have to finish some T-bar deletes today and tomorrow, but I will get on the Front Nose Clip canards and winglets after that. Bumper will be charcoal black and the winglets will be Gray, just like the McClaren F1 pic I posted. At the end of next week, the pics will start to be pretty insane.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:31 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts

Looking forward to the next set of pics Bruce. It's all coming together very nicely.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:33 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is just amazing! Not as amazing as the bill, but amazing! I'm thinking NASA may have put that robat dunebuggie on Mars for a few bucks less! Thanks for taking us along on you journey!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 95ONE
Duke, what Boost said above. ......
Got it! Great stuff.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Looking forward to the next set of pics Bruce. It's all coming together very nicely.
+1
Old 08-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Weston Dillard
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Great stuff Bruce! I have to admit I'm cracking up that the most radical car any of us have ever built still has the parking brake mount. I suppose that's in case you park on a hill at the mall or something. ;-)

West
Old 08-08-2012, 12:26 AM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

If you need any help during final assembly let me know! I would offer help with fab work but I see that you have taken care of most of that yourself haha
Old 08-08-2012, 01:17 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by Weston Dillard
Great stuff Bruce! I have to admit I'm cracking up that the most radical car any of us have ever built still has the parking brake mount. I suppose that's in case you park on a hill at the mall or something. ;-)

West

I KNOW! In my red labeled mods Pic.. I almost pointed to it and stated, "should have deleted this" ... lol I just forgot.

Originally Posted by ShApE
If you need any help during final assembly let me know! I would offer help with fab work but I see that you have taken care of most of that yourself haha
Thank you sir. I have pretty much fabbed up everything that I could think of and put it back up. There shouldn't be much more fabbing of anything. A little for the radiator and brackets for a few things, but those are pretty much easy as hell compared to what I've had to do so far.

Right now I just haven't had time to work on it. Trying to finish up other stuff. Painting is in the works right now. I have to first get those canards made before I can completely paint the car. I will get to those before this weekend.

I have found out today that my painter didn't really get the paint scheme I was trying to explain. I have such a precise picture in my head, that I knew exactly where he was messing up as soon as he started. I know this now because I had him paint the strut tower brace. I am very happy we did this. It seems to be getting us on the same page. Its interesting. He is an artist and has things in his own mind how I wanted it. The difference was pretty crazy. This piece should be done day after tomorrow. I will show you what it looks like when its done. It will be this weekend.

I though about lying and telling you I need your help a whole weekend so I could get someone to finally show up at the shop. So many threaten to show up, so many never make it. I love talking cars.. - Maybe too much!? Anyway, please feel free to drive over and hang out for a day or so. It would be great to have you around. - ANY ONE of you.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:36 AM
MooreBoost
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

bruce are you in austin? im coming to austin in nov for the f1 race. i hope you have it done before then so i can check it out. shoot... im down to check it out even if its not finished!!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:59 AM
95ONE
Race Car

I am in Houston. Not too far from Austin at that point. I hope I am done also.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:22 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Aero anyone? I love sharing the actual pieces that are in my head. Poster board pieces only right now. This is where all my art classes mixed with my love of math really come together nicely. Aluminum pieces to be cut soon. Went straight to DTM Aero since this will be a Time Trial / Time Attack Car. The top piece is not actually a Canard. It is just to capture more air and COMPRESS it onto the lower Canard. Increasing the effectiveness of the top Canard. Looks like 3, but there are only 2 canards. I also have a pices that deflects wind from getting trapped in the bottom corner next to the radiator opening. Wind now gets forced out to the side with this piece. I can't wait to make the aluminum parts and Rivet them on.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:07 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I would do away with the center piece , if not open the sides to allow air to flow outwards, as you are going to have a lot of overflow with no where to go ...

Hence turbulence, more drag , less DF ...
Old 08-11-2012, 06:48 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Plenty of testing for this later. String test and such. More material now is better than not enough. Can remove some if I have to. I was thinking about a Triangle cut with a gurney out the side. I haven't decided yet. But your thoughts are certainly ones I would have to agree with. Center piece will stay, overflow area will be cut.

Last edited by 95ONE; 08-11-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:10 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts

Great start Bruce! Good for you. I know you've been checking out those Time Attack and DTM cars. I'd say the DTM have more budget but the T/A has less rules as a general rule of thumb. Are you going to run suspension pots?
Old 08-12-2012, 02:45 AM
95ONE
Race Car

LOL Patrick. What is a Suspension Pot? I googled it and came up with a bunch of plants. OH>.. ok. suspension sensors (potentiometers) No. I will have to do it the hard way.

Quick Reply: Winter project under way. Updated 01/07