Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Special Tool - how do you like my new avatar?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 04:38 PM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evil 944t
I heard from Jim yesterday and he is working on Sweanders car. I can't say if the two of them have spoken or why they are not able to chat but, he called me yesterday and asked for some help. Sweanders, please pm me.

Here is the bottom line. (IMHO)
1. ST is a douche
2. He's a good wrench when he has the time to work on the car.(his pace, his terms)
3. see #1
4. He can care less about this thread, RL or what people think of him.(he calls people when he wants and goes quiet when he want, again, his terms)
5. see #3
6. I dare you to show up at his house looking for action. Anyone suggesting this, is an idiot and needs to stop watching Fox news.
7. see #1

Now, I'm not speaking for him and I could give a crap about what he does but for all you keyboard crazy, tough guys, the car is at his house and it is being worked on.. Why he doesn't get in touch with Anders is beyond me.

I'm not saying what he is doing is right, I'm just saying, he's not a crook. He has not stolen, sold, parted out or even damaged the car.

Personally, I wouldn't have let it go this long BUT, If I was the person missing the car, I would just go there
and take the car back.

I'm not defending him, just shedding a little light on the subject.
I was waiting for this..
Old 09-13-2009, 11:40 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2bridges
Certainly I would not be in this situation and yes there is some intentional misinterpretation........ purposeful to make a crystal clear point.

To "go take" what belongs to him with the help of "enforcers" can certainly get out of hand quickly.
I happen to be well educated on the legal requirement for the use of deadly force. Let me point something out - your "enforcers" get out of hand and a serious risk of life exists for the one man. At that point deadly force is legally justified.

The above board method to retrieve the car/parts is for the legal owner with the assistance of a legal entity.
I understand what you're saying. The point is that the "enforcers" don't have to get out of hand if there is a overwhelming show of force. The sheer fact that the show of force is overwhelming, is enough to do the job.

The key is an overwhelming show of force.

This is the most basic law enforcement tactic and it's quite effective.

And if taking money, a car, and expenisve parts to do a job, then disappearing, not returning calls, not contacting the customer, and not giving the customer his parts, car and money back.. FOR OVER A YEAR don't constitute theft, then I don't know what does.

And he knows we know he is aware of this huge thread about him, and he still doesn't sow his face, post here, call the customer, or return the customer's car, parts, and money????

So... in light of all this, he shouldn't show up to get all of his stuff with a few bouncers in tow?

Wake up. This is theft, plain and simple.

He needs to go get his car.

TonyG
Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 AM
2bridges
Drifting

Originally Posted by TonyG
I understand what you're saying. The point is that the "enforcers" don't have to get out of hand if there is a overwhelming show of force. The sheer fact that the show of force is overwhelming, is enough to do the job.

The key is an overwhelming show of force.

This is the most basic law enforcement tactic and it's quite effective.

And if taking money, a car, and expenisve parts to do a job, then disappearing, not returning calls, not contacting the customer, and not giving the customer his parts, car and money back.. FOR OVER A YEAR don't constitute theft, then I don't know what does.

And he knows we know he is aware of this huge thread about him, and he still doesn't sow his face, post here, call the customer, or return the customer's car, parts, and money????

So... in light of all this, he shouldn't show up to get all of his stuff with a few bouncers in tow?

Wake up. This is theft, plain and simple.

He needs to go get his car.

TonyG
You must be a very physically insecure man if you think it takes bouncers in tow to handle your business. I doubt many would be intimidated.... I certainly would not...... but we have already been over that now haven't we.

Have a nice day
Old 09-14-2009, 03:24 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You must be a very physically insecure man if you think it takes bouncers in tow to handle your business. I doubt many would be intimidated.... I certainly would not...... but we have already been over that now haven't we.

Have a nice day
ROFL!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:14 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a nice day

That was a response consistent with your 2nd amendment views.

Predicatable.

The difference is I got all of my stuff back quickly and without any hassle. So yes, that makes me physically insecure. I also didn't throw another $5k at a lawyer to do it.

But you're right.... don't go there because you probably get shot at. Go spend hire a lawyer, throw a bunch of money at it, let it drag on (because he could easily drag on the process) and on.... throw some more money at the lawyer, and wait...

Itsn't it nice to think that he did business with someone that would potentially shot him if he went to take back his own car.

Sounds like you and ST are related.

TonyG
Old 09-14-2009, 12:01 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 490 Posts

Have a nice day
the guys got an earthmover...
Old 09-14-2009, 12:03 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Look at how Special has brought us all together! This is nice.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:34 PM
ArthurPE
Race Car

Originally Posted by lart951
Your physical ability and Kung Fu skills are insignificant when compared to the power of the force, master tool is well trained in the teachings of the sith.

Honestly Jim is a very strong gay but what he has in strength, he lacks in character. Jim hated Tony Garcia for some reason unbeknown to me, every time he called, all he talked about was how he would love to kick Tony's ***, but he was always afraid to confront Tony.

This is my serious assessment of this situation, if Anders needs to get his stuff, just send anyone to recover it. Special Tool is such a ***** that he won't do anything about it, Lutjen is half Argentinian and we all know that Argentinians are wussies. If I was in Connecticut I would have done it already.
he's gay, and very strong about it? OK

I still say, lawyer up:
sue
lien
attack his credit
attack his business license

that should get his attention

then once you have a judgement, recover the property and cash
just showing up to reclaim the property is a bad idea
violence is only response to violence...avoid it all cost
Old 09-14-2009, 01:51 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

I tell you gays, this forum has reached new lows, at one time one of the most respected members of rl, now tagged as a common thief. TonyG a world class judo master now hanging around gaybars bouncers. Can we all get along?

Lutjen if you are reading this thread and have any cojones and shame left, would you be man enough to answer. Pinche gordo maricon what's up with this cacamimi sh%t? Give anders the car back, even TonyG is calling you a thief, no tienes verguenza?
Old 09-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You guys are a great read, thanks.....
Old 09-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Blueman33
Pro

I have a couple of suggestions to take into consideration.

1. Time and Legal. Be aware of the time passing. While many on RL say the guy is a theif, the D/A may say it's a criminal act, which means ST would be criminally prosecuted, the evidence taken (maybe held??), and restitution required. Criminal charges generally motivate people more than civil.

Or D/A may consider it a civil case and refuse charges.

IN ANY CASE, there will be a point in time that if you have not filed legal papers the complaint/suit will be not be accepted.

It is not uncommon for there to be only a ONE YEAR, taken from the date of the offense, period that a complaint will be accepted.

There are time limitations in both criminal and civil cases, so if you are going to file a complaint whether criminal or civil, file it ASAP to avoid statute of limitations.

..........My suggestion is to file legal papers as a back up, but first try to get the car back without going legal................

2. MODIFIED TONY APPROACH. My suggestion is a MTA. You arrange to show up at ST house with some help to move the stuff, trailer needed, whatever.

Then (the modification part) tell him when you are coming by enlisting a Rennlister to help with communication.

Clearly ST doesn't talk to Anders but does talk to other Rennlisters.

Try to establish and utilize that communication link to communicate Anders intention of getting the property back.

No drama, no fury, no confrontation, just getting someone who ST will listen to to say, for example "... don't know what happened with Anders car, but he wants it back. Can you please gather up the parts that are his and get it all together in a group? He's coming over with a truck and trailer on (date). if you want you can just open the garage for him, you don't even have to discuss it......blah blah blah"

This is just a suggestoin and i'm not trying to tell someone specifically what to say, whomever is the link who talks to ST can say whatever he thinks will be most effective at getting the point across that Anders is coming to get the car......

I hope this works out. If the car/parts can get returned amicably it will be best by far.......

David

NOTE: Just popped in to see what was going on RL and WOW this was a surprise. I have been off the board for some time because of a now-10-month-old baby boy. My 951 has sat with a turbo problem and i've been driving the M Roady, so between me chasing the kiddo around and having a substitute fun ride, i've been on 'vacation' from my 951 and the board

Last edited by Blueman33; 09-21-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Too long for JohnkoaWood's attention span
Old 09-19-2009, 11:50 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lynch him!

Old 09-21-2009, 07:57 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

This thread is pretty crazy.
I find it disappointing that ST hasn't even talked to the guy in a year.... Really makes you think twice in letting someone else work on your car like that. Gives a bad vibe for all shade tree mechanics now.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:15 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blueman33
WOW.

This is a serious problem. Here are some random thought/comments.

I don't see much reason for any additional talk about Jim's past acceptable dealings or how he's a good guy or speculating as to what happened (he has a problem because of NO business, no, he has a problem because of TOO MUCH business, etc). At this point in time, forget it, focus on resolution.

The post says ST is now working on the car, but how can one trust that and why would you want to continue this insanity? As I understand it, ST has not even promised it will be put back together and returned at any particular date and the history suggests that even if that statement was made it would be hard to take confidence in it.

The criticism of Tony's approach seems to be the unknown reaction/events and the presumption of violence. HOWEVER Tony says that it's an approach that he took in the past and it was successful, so while still not 100% predictable outcome, the approach is certainly more predictable than if i had not been done before.

Whether going directly to ST or through the Sheriff, the logistics are an issue.

Then there are the PARTS and moving them. Whether Anders goes the Tony approach and shows up to get the car/parts or with Sheriff, you will need PEOPLE to move parts. Tony has that built into his approach, make those boys work for their money and move a transmission!

On the other hand, if you have your guys and can't locate ST or for whatever reason the car is not returned then you have wasted time and money.

Another huge problem is locating all the PARTS on the spot. If the car is in parts, it will be very difficult to locate and retrieve them all. Granted the large parts can be easily identified, but if the garage looks like most, then you'll miss a lot and even the gasket here connector there, and the bolts over in the corner can really add up.

I have a couple of suggestions to take into consideration.

1. Time and Legal. Be aware of the time passing. While many on RL say the guy is a theif, the D/A may say it's a criminal act, which means ST would be criminally prosecuted, the evidence taken (maybe held??), and restitution required. Criminal charges generally motivate people more than civil.

Or D/A may consider it a civil case and refuse charges.

IN ANY CASE, there will be a point in time that if you have not filed legal papers the complaint/suit will be not be accepted.

It is not uncommon for there to be only a ONE YEAR, taken from the date of the offense, period that a complaint will be accepted.

There are time limitations in both criminal and civil cases, so if you are going to file a complaint whether criminal or civil, file it ASAP to avoid statute of limitations.

..........My suggestion is to file legal papers as a back up, but first try to get the car back without going legal................

2. MODIFIED TONY APPROACH. My suggestion is a MTA. You arrange to show up at ST house with some help to move the stuff, trailer needed, whatever.

Then (the modification part) tell him when you are coming by enlisting a Rennlister to help with communication.

Clearly ST doesn't talk to Anders but does talk to other Rennlisters.

Try to establish and utilize that communication link to communicate Anders intention of getting the property back.

No drama, no fury, no confrontation, just getting someone who ST will listen to to say, for example "... don't know what happened with Anders car, but he wants it back. Can you please gather up the parts that are his and get it all together in a group? He's coming over with a truck and trailer on (date). if you want you can just open the garage for him, you don't even have to discuss it......blah blah blah"

This is just a suggestoin and i'm not trying to tell someone specifically what to say, whomever is the link who talks to ST can say whatever he thinks will be most effective at getting the point across that Anders is coming to get the car......

I hope this works out. If the car/parts can get returned amicably it will be best by far.......

David

NOTE: Just popped in to see what was going on RL and WOW this was a surprise. I have been off the board for some time because of a now-10-month-old baby boy. My 951 has sat with a turbo problem and i've been driving the M Roady, so between me chasing the kiddo around and having a substitute fun ride, i've been on 'vacation' from my 951 and the board
Too bad RL doesn't have a best of like CL, or I would have just clicked "nominate"...

That has got to be the longest post ever... period... didn't read beyond the first few words... don't care what it said...WOW IT WAS LONG...

OK..Back to flaming thieving gay hugging bouncing and whatever else the posters on this thread have been up to lately..
Old 09-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Monte951
Advanced

Dear God... I guess you can't really be a part of this crowd without posting on this topic so here is my insane dribble and two cents.

This ST fellow is not nice nor does it seem that he intends to make this right. The dude that gave him the car in the first place was not the smartest he has ever been that day.

For the resolution... Try the third party contact, "im coming for my stuff" tactic and gauge just how much of a Tool Special Tool is being. Is he just dodging you or is the car gone or just a paperweight now? This will tell you the best strategy to take. I would have him followed by a friend and then have his car disabled, tires or something. Then while hes gon i'd go take the car and all the peices i could find by any means necessary. Then i would leave a dead fish wrapped in newspaper in place of the car for dramatic effect, (and it'll make you feel better too) Then head for the hills.

Special Tool sleeps with the fishes...

Quick Reply: Special Tool - how do you like my new avatar?