Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Gauging interest in Oetiker clamp kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 09:10 AM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
They are a lot cleaner looking and take up so little room and they are supposed to hold better ( at least that's their pitch ) ( constant tension, 360 degree hold yada, yada, yada If you go to their website they give ya a whole sales pitch... which needless to say, I bought
If you have that contact number, I would appreciate it, for the packs of 10.

There are sooo many clamps, but the better the fit, the better the seal. I like to have at least two to choose from and sqeeze on the tightest. I have a list of 22 (may have something to do with the amt of compartments in the storage box) so a better price would help offset the cost.

Thanks
Steve
Old 03-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DrZ1
If you have that contact number, I would appreciate it, for the packs of 10.

There are sooo many clamps, but the better the fit, the better the seal. I like to have at least two to choose from and sqeeze on the tightest. I have a list of 22 (may have something to do with the amt of compartments in the storage box) so a better price would help offset the cost.

Thanks
Steve
Hi Steve
I contacted him through email he responded back in 10 mins ...(On the weekend!)
His name is Tom Hargrave thargrav@hiwaay.net ( he sells home brew kegging equipment)
The website is http://www.kegkits.com/Merchant2/mer...P&Store_Code=W
Just remember, as I stated earlier, the only problem is that he doesn't carry sizes above 27.1 ( if I remember from your previous thread you were looking to do some bigger lines ? ) I bought his sample set, because I needed a number of sizes, and since it was just me buying ... I didn't know what to do with the rest of the clamps? I might be interested in splitting some of the sizes with you ... but since I bought the sample pack I don't think I need that many?
Hope that help
Regards
Ed
Old 03-06-2011, 11:42 AM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

Hi Steve
His name is Tom Hargrave thargrav@hiwaay.net ( he sells home brew kegging equipment)
Just remember, as I stated earlier, the only problem is that he doesn't carry sizes above 27.1 ( if I remember from your previous thread you were looking to do some bigger lines ? ) I bought his sample set, because I needed a number of sizes, and since it was just me buying ... I didn't know what to do with the rest of the clamps? I might be interested in splitting some of the sizes with you ... but since I bought the sample pack I don't think I need that many?
Hope that help
Regards
Ed
If you need larger sizes, you'll want to go with the stepless screw clamp. You can get these through aircraft spruce.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/
Old 03-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SeaCay
If you need larger sizes, you'll want to go with the stepless screw clamp. You can get these through aircraft spruce.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/
Thanks... I saw your earlier post on that in the other thread ... I was looking for a 31.1?, that's used on the ISV hose ... I think that type of clamp will have a hard time fitting there ...
I actually wanted to get those clamps for that front water pipe that comes off the forward water neck ... that damn pipe always leaks
Best regards
Ed
Old 03-06-2011, 11:13 PM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Thanks... I saw your earlier post on that in the other thread ... I was looking for a 31.1?, that's used on the ISV hose ... I think that type of clamp will have a hard time fitting there ...
I actually wanted to get those clamps for that front water pipe that comes off the forward water neck ... that damn pipe always leaks
Best regards
Ed
I re-plumbed an entire engine using the stepless screw clamps on all water hoses. Didn't have a fitment issue anywhere that I can recall.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

I re-plumbed an entire engine using the stepless screw clamps on all water hoses. Didn't have a fitment issue anywhere that I can recall.
Sorry no I didn't make myself clear. I switched from coolant hose to talking about the the ISV hose ... That's the vacume hose yunder the manifold
Man I would love to see some shots or your engine with those clamps if you can post'em
Best regards
Ed
Old 03-06-2011, 11:47 PM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Sorry no I didn't make myself clear. I switched from coolant hose to talking about the the ISV hose ... That's the vacume hose yunder the manifold
Man I would love to see some shots or your engine with those clamps if you can post'em
Best regards
Ed
That engine is long gone. My only remaining 944 is an all-original '89. I'm trying to keep the OEM clamps on that, but it's hard to find those old Oetiker screw-drive clamps that were original to the car and I don't really like re-using old clamps on new hoses.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:07 AM
Dick Dobson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be interested in one of the ten sets. But alas, there was no mention of cost and shipping.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:55 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dick Dobson
I might be interested in one of the ten sets. But alas, there was no mention of cost and shipping.
Yes, it's on the website ... depending on the set you get anywhere from 5 -9 dollars ( I got the sample set which was 9 ( has like 30+ clamps) and then 7 bucks to ship ...
Hope that helps
Regards
Ed
Edit Oooppss I guess you were referring to DrZ1 .... sorry
Old 03-07-2011, 04:34 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

That engine is long gone. My only remaining 944 is an all-original '89. I'm trying to keep the OEM clamps on that, but it's hard to find those old Oetiker screw-drive clamps that were original to the car and I don't really like re-using old clamps on new hoses.
Funny, all my screw drive clamps are Norma on my car. The only clamps that were Oetiker were the stepless pinch ones. Those were used primarily on the vac lines that weren't coming off often
Regards
Ed
Old 03-07-2011, 10:26 AM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Steve
Hope that help
Regards
Ed

Thanks Ed,

Big help, I am going to try and contact him today or tommarow.

Edit : I just checked out his website, and when I called Hydralic supply and gave them the part numbers, they were actually less and you can order what ever quantity. On the downside, the website is harder to navvigate, but CS is helpful.

Steve

Last edited by DrZ1; 03-07-2011 at 10:56 AM.