Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Mechanic problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:16 PM
smac951
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Mechanic problems

After reading through this ad I feel for the owner, his description of the mechanic is both a riot and sad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1165
Old 05-17-2011, 03:22 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

That looks like it could be a real nice one too.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hah....He's talking about Rennlister VOoDOoGTX.

"Last year this car was a wonderful driving machine that needed only a few minor upgrades and fixes. The car has no ignition and I was using a screw driver to start it. Also it needed a fog light, radio, shift **** and boot, the exhaust needed to be hung better, new plugs, hoses, and wires. I found a private mechanic who I met threw a friend. My intentions were to get the car a tune up and fix the few little things that were wrong with it. I really loved this car and was hoping to get it back to mint condition with all bells and whistles working. This car had a very nice metallic gray paint job in 2007 before I bought it. And really was almost a mint condition beautiful classic ride. I paid this mechanic up front to fix everything for me. He seemed like a very honest person who knew a lot about cars, especially the 944 turbo. Having a 944 turbo himself that he said he rebuilt the motor on I figured I had nothing to worry about. To make an extremely long very frustrating story short I found out the hard way that he was a extremely good liar. He never rebuilt the motor on his car instead had a local real mechanic do it. Come to find out he was a complete dumb *** who knew very little about cars and messes up everything he touches. This person I speak of is Max Kimlin son of the owner of Kimlin Propane in Gardiner New York. Bewear of this retard he is a very destructive person. After this car sat at his fathers shop for over a year while he made every excuse in the book he couldn’t work on it and had no time I decide to get to towed back to my house to keep it from being further destroyed by this inconsiderate stupid excuse for a human. The time it was in Maxs possession he took the motor apart and was to dumb to know how to put it back together. He also ripped the front bumper off from towing improperly which he thought was funny for some reason. He took the old hanger off the exhaust and put a rip in the seat. He also put dings in the hood from picking the hood up and dropping it on the prop to keep it open as well as put a dent in the back right fender. This car would be great for someone who knows how to put this car back together and give it a little tlc. I would love to bring this car to a real mechanic and have it put back together properly and tuned up but unfortunately I don’t have the money and must sell. All the parts are in the car and everything should be there to get this car running again. This car still has great potential and is a great deal for someone who knows how to put it back together again.. If there is any questions you can message me threw eBay of call (845)-667-4402. Thanks "

Funny stuff......
Old 05-17-2011, 03:29 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

I was wondering if this add was actually put up by Max.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:42 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

I was going to say that the name seemed familiar. Why do people claim things that they can't do. It pisses me off when I hear things like that.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:42 PM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it is his car we all should chip in and give him tree fiddy.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:52 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

I saw the add earlier, and just shook my head...
Old 05-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Reimu
Drifting

Sad but it happens more than you think around here.

I myself am going to have to open a paypal dispute with carbonrevo over a cylinder head he never sent, nice month and a half chunk I could've been driving this car gone.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:05 PM
carlege
Drifting

Its one thing to screw up his own car, which he did. But its really bad when you get paid to screw someones car up. I believe there is a special place in hell for those types of people.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:23 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CameronKame
Sad but it happens more than you think around here.

I myself am going to have to open a paypal dispute with carbonrevo over a cylinder head he never sent, nice month and a half chunk I could've been driving this car gone.
Wow, he keeps dishing out the hits.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:30 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

To really enjoy these cars I feel you need to do most
of the work yourself. If they need work they should
go to a well established shop with knowledge of
the 951. Shortcuts just won't work.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:19 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by chrenan
+1

I had a decision to make a couple of months ago when I decided to put my car back together again... I've got more than 3 top notch shops within 20 minutes of my house in Istook's Eurosports, Mayo Performance, and Zim's Autotechnik. I could give the car to onemof them along with $1,000 or so to put it all back together, or I could spend 3x than on cool upgrades I've wanted for years and put it back together myself.

The price tag is up over $3,000 so far (not including the head work) and I'm still waiting for Rogue to open the M-Tune store!

Old 05-17-2011, 11:22 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by chrenan
I wouldn't necessarily agree 100%... I have done plenty of work, and several local cars (mine included), for a few listers, both at my house, and theirs, and other than a minor coolant leak following a WP / TB job haven't heard too much grumbling!

But then I also know my limits..

I do know of several good eggs here, who do top notch work, and are usually good people to deal with...
Old 05-17-2011, 11:43 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I agree John, we have a good small group of local
951 guys here as well. However, when you first get one
you won't be able to tell if the "enthusiast" offering
help actually knows anything. I guess I'm saying
educating yourself first, and getting some grease under
your fingernails may protect you in the long run.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:29 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

I told him about the car. we took the car on a test drive it ran, compression was good. everything was fine. He bought it. after he bought it the dealer told him that they would deliver it. took delivery of the car and right off the truck it wouldn't start. Did i mention he didn't show up to inspect the car after it was delivered? Got into the diagnosis of the car and ended up finding that the HG was bad(how? no idea). Btw he complained the whole time about what the stuff cost and wouldn't get me the right things i needed to fix it. Either way i pulled it apart to fix it and the cylinders were scored ect. After this it was kinda useless to do anything so i let it sit for the winter while I'm busy at work.

BTW i did all this for free, at no charge to him. He bought the car cheep, asked me to fix it cheep and he would cut me in on the profit of the sale. The whole thing was a hack from start to finish but i put in alot of work to try and revive it.

Quick Reply: Mechanic problems