Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey Racing car dynos vs rest of the world

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
is it just me or does the title of this thread seem a bit rude ?
a little...and the opening post seemed a bit so. However Paully always seems like a decent guy so i doubt that was his intent.

LR had a good balanced response.

And my little bit of experience here. When I purchased my 951 the PO had a mix of parts based loosely on LR's kits. When I upgraded my turbo LR was very helpful and patiently listened as i described the "pseudo" kit my buddy (PO) had put together from a variety of sources. Some were LR parts and some not. He suggestedone of their turbos and provided a number of other suggestions. I bought that turbo along with a number of other bits and pieces.

LR predicted 310 RWHP at 16psi...I hit 297.8 at only14.7psi. They looked over my dyno chart and pointed me in the right direction for more power throughout the range. They were right btw....just haven't been back to the dyno but power comes on nice now
Old 11-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wasn't intending to rain thunder on LR. I've used their products and probably will be using more..

Thanks for that post mike, It does clear it up a bit

If you're still reading.. if i put one of your camshafts on, how much of a power increase should i expect?
Old 11-29-2011, 02:35 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still have all the pauly stage 3 kit here . ported head extrude honed inlet and webcam it has an inch of dust on it
Old 11-29-2011, 04:15 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Adam, haven't seen you here in a while!

What grind is the webcam, and what will it do performance wise?
Old 11-30-2011, 12:27 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I can't say enough about the advantages of a good cam. It really makes a good deal of difference. About 30wh. I have a stage 3 JME cam. The best thing about it is that hp is maintained along with rpms and your first instinct is to not want to up-shift. Simply because the cars power doesn't drop of like the stock cam. If you ask me it could even be worth more hp gain at higher boost. Definitely one of the best upgrades... I'm still using stock lifters. But I can see the advantages of going solid. Higher RPM with extended power range is a deadly combination.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:37 AM
tkrtape12
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow just when I thought I was happy w my summer upgrades... Reading this now makes me want to winter project a new cam... informative thread thanks guys as I'm still learning about the different setups

Quick Reply: Lindsey Racing car dynos vs rest of the world