Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Help with a door handle "quick repair kit"

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 09:31 AM
brrgrr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a door handle "quick repair kit"

Hey all - I'm repairing the drivers side door handle - I am going to be using the "quick repair kit" that includes the linkage with the adjustable plastic clip on the end. Clarks repair procedure has this all being completed from the outside of the car.

Any suggestions on the best way to get the adjustment clip to snap over the top of the ball inside the door ?

Thanks...
Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 AM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ONLY way I've consistently gotten that plastic piece to connect is through lots of pressure. Just push like crazy and it will clip into place. I haven't found any other technique that works.

Originally Posted by brrgrr
Hey all - I'm repairing the drivers side door handle - I am going to be using the "quick repair kit" that includes the linkage with the adjustable plastic clip on the end. Clarks repair procedure has this all being completed from the outside of the car.

Any suggestions on the best way to get the adjustment clip to snap over the top of the ball inside the door ?

Thanks...
Old 03-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also did it from the outside too. Tape up the paint near the hole so you don't scuff your door. While I never did, I think taking the door-card off might be easier to just get it done. I 'believe' I used a tool (screwdriver or similar) to apply that pressure the second poster is talking about, in the right place.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:14 PM
plumbum
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried for hours to get it back in...came out in not time but after hours trying to get it to snap in place I had to take the whole door apart...grrrr
Old 03-09-2012, 01:50 PM
951mcomm
Instructor

i believe there is a marking (hash mark) on 1 side of the white clip to show you that this is the side to put the nub into i do not hink it fits the other way.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:19 PM
adwolfe12
Racer

What I did on mine, was I used a screw driver in between the center of the white clip and twisted it to get the white clip to sort of pry/open it up a little more. Made it easy to pop it off tried to do the same putting it on, but it still sucked.

Chance's are you'll get frustrated, because it takes longer than it should.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:25 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben951S
Tape up the paint near the hole so you don't scuff your door.
You might wanna also tape up your hands so you don't scuff your knuckles, cuz it'll be a boxing match.

Quick Reply: Help with a door handle "quick repair kit"