Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Tuning lesson: Full 3-Dimensional tables vs 2-D tables vs 2-D+modifier tables.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 01:22 AM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Broderick
What I see is a collection of line segments. You are defining each one of your endpoint in what you call "vectors" in the in rectangular coordinate system (lines), not the polar coordinate system (vectors). The 8751 CPU ( in the DME) does not have a math co-processor so it just doesn't do trig functions efficiently. It does not use vectors in any of the code, the 8751 does look up tables and line interpretation.

Why are you making this look so complicated? The real issue is does your software work the way it is specified.
Brian - Whats the deal here? This is very clear. Looks like you are using the same math you used to figure out E85. Do you have nothing better to do than troll in this thread?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just asking questions? And, I have been using E85 calculations for over a year with no issues, what do you use? The values I use for E85 are the same as VR and Rogue uses.

I guess I should have listened to myself when I said I was sorry I asked my first question. I am out of here.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What I see is a collection of line segments. You are defining each one of your endpoint in what you call "vectors" in the in rectangular coordinate system (lines), not the polar coordinate system (vectors). The 8751 CPU ( in the DME) does not have a math co-processor so it just doesn't do trig functions efficiently. It does not use vectors in any of the code, the 8751 does look up tables and line interpretation.

Why are you making this look so complicated? The real issue is does your software work the way it is specified.
Wrong, and more wrong.

I'm not here to bring you up to speed on maths. But just because you fail to understand does not make my point incorrect.
Vectors do not require a polar coordinate system! Vectors can be in any coordinate system, period. YOU are confusing this thread, bickering about something trivial... I ask why? What is your intention here? It is obviously not to promote open learning. So what is the goal of your posts?

To do trig functions there is no "requirement" for a math-coprocessor. Furthermore, there isn't any trig functions at all. Again, YOU are confusing things with nonsense.

I would be interested in seeing how this is done. The 951 is just a slow car below 3K RPM.
You are obviously not interested in seeing how it is done. After all, I made this thread to SHOW you how it is done, and rather then learn you forcibly argue about semantics. If I would call the table an array, instead of a vector, the end-result would be no different. If I call it a line, instead of a vector, THE END RESULT WOULD BE NO DIFFERENT.

Just asking questions? And, I have been using E85 calculations for over a year with no issues, what do you use? The values I use for E85 are the same as VR and Rogue uses.

I guess I should have listened to myself when I said I was sorry I asked my first question. I am out of here.
Asking questions is fine, but that is not what you have been doing in this thread. A questions would have been like, "I do not understand why you call this a vector, can you please explain that?"
Yes, listening to yourself, or listening to me when I asked to keep the thread on-track would have been the better choice.

Asking questions is not what you are doing. Wanting to learn is not what you are doing. So, what exactly are you adding to this thread?

Last edited by Rogue_Ant; 06-17-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:41 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Wrong, and more wrong.

So, what exactly are you adding to this thread?
Nothing, like I said, I am out of here.

Quick Reply: Tuning lesson: Full 3-Dimensional tables vs 2-D tables vs 2-D+modifier tables.