Old 09-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
. You ladies need to pick up your game! Cripes, it's like you are farting in each others general direction.
Yeah?....well.....um.....your father smelt of elderberries!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:47 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is an example of a modern car that is still very drive able on the street. Engine block, transmission and body are all as is from the factory. - clearly a high level of modification - Nissan GTR. A tuner in Dallas that I'm sure John might have heard of? Tony at T1 performance. Tony is a stand up guy in the business and just does great work. He has tuned 2 of my customers supercharged NSX's many years ago, and is a qualified MoTeC Tuner and Distributor. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Look him up if you need any tuning. Here is the 1/4 mile time slip I retrieved from my Facebook. This is truly an insanely fast street car. IN SANE LY FAST. My estimation of it's 100-200km is around 2.5-2.75 seconds... Think about that.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:51 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Yes I know that car and know Tony. Have you seen the video? Crazy how there is no drama it just kinda goes with no fuss. Like any car at those level's though it will be breaking parts.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:20 AM
2bridges
Drifting

So mudbudda, just for perspective. There are a good number of people with "relatively fast" cars that actually use restraint, good judgment, and have the ability to control themselves in a street environment. In traffic???? get real, grow up, and If you think you have a fast car, take it to a track or venue of your choice and prove it. I will guarantee you will get a lesson in humility and what serious cars are capable of. You may even meet some pretty cool people.

So please kindly stop watching ****, falling asleep then sharing your wet dreams with us
Old 09-10-2012, 10:23 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 2bridges
So mudbudda, just for perspective. There are a good number of people with "relatively fast" cars that actually use restraint, good judgment, and have the ability to control themselves in a street environment. In traffic???? get real, grow up, and If you think you have a fast car, take it to a track or venue of your choice and prove it. I will guarantee you will get a lesson in humility and what serious cars are capable of. You may even meet some pretty cool people.

So please kindly stop watching ****, falling asleep then sharing your wet dreams with us
OUCH!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:27 AM
jc in rb
Racer

1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
Old 09-10-2012, 04:41 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jc in rb
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
Aww nope! mudbuddha , never made any claims about his car being the fastest 951 out there and that it was superiour to a "MODDED" super car! He only relayed his "street" in counter with a "STOCK" Ford GT!

Now we got people bring out 8 sec GT R's! Get a freaking grip people! The whole point is it's a build 951 "4" cylinder! If you want crazy stupid, I'm gonna pick on ENZO's till I break something fast... Then twin turbo a LS6 swap and go at at!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:54 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by schip43
. Then twin turbo a LS6 swap and go at at!
I have often wondered if playing in the Porsche world is a good value...

A C5 vette can be had for $15k (or less). You start with a 5.7. $6k later you have a 5.7L engine with two turbos.

Whatever we do a 951 engine, I think can be done to an LS1/LS6 cheaper...

I mean, look at a set of head. LS1 head...$2k (for a pair of DART heads). Now look at what a port job for a 951 costs..
Old 09-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Will Feather
Three Wheelin'

Oh god, last time I checked this thread there was like 8 pages. I click last page to find we are now on number 19.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:05 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by schip43
Aww nope! mudbuddha , never made any claims about his car being the fastest 951 out there and that it was superiour to a "MODDED" super car! He only relayed his "street" in counter with a "STOCK" Ford GT!

Now we got people bring out 8 sec GT R's! Get a freaking grip people! The whole point is it's a build 951 "4" cylinder! If you want crazy stupid, I'm gonna pick on ENZO's till I break something fast... Then twin turbo a LS6 swap and go at at!
So wait! Are you trying to say that this whole thing is absurd?
Old 09-10-2012, 05:11 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2bridges

i'll drink to that
Old 09-10-2012, 05:24 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

but but i have my seat belts on! This is what I hate, peep all of a sudden shows up in my thread and start giving life lessons AND talking out of their a****. I have yet to not know any "true" car enthusiasts who don't at least gun it, or whatever you call it, once in a while. Don't forget this is a simulation run. Don't you have a land speed record to break?
Old 09-10-2012, 05:27 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Originally Posted by DanaT
I have often wondered if playing in the Porsche world is a good value...

A C5 vette can be had for $15k (or less). You start with a 5.7. $6k later you have a 5.7L engine with two turbos.

Whatever we do a 951 engine, I think can be done to an LS1/LS6 cheaper...

I mean, look at a set of head. LS1 head...$2k (for a pair of DART heads). Now look at what a port job for a 951 costs..
I can 100% confirm, without a doubt you can make exponentially more power, with ten fold more reliability for exponentially less $$$$.

I am into a low mile 640RWHP Z06 for slightly more $$ than I had in a far less reliable 350RWHP 951.

Love the 951 - but if you really are after serious HP , 4 cyl Porsche is not the economical platform to work with in general.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:33 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Originally Posted by mudbuddha
but but i have my seat belts on! This is what I hate, peep all of a sudden shows up in my thread and start giving life lessons AND talking out of their a****. I have yet to not know any "true" car enthusiasts who don't at least gun it, or whatever you call it, once in a while. Don't forget this is a simulation run. Don't you have a land speed record to break?
BAWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA - no records here, just having responsible, serious fun.

My only contention is posting up a "kill-like" story about a car you have zero knowledge of(modified?,not?), driven by a guy you have never met or talked to, while in traffic no less , and you arrive at a conclusion about your car's performance compared to what exactly????.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:40 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

That was all there was to it...

Oh god, last time I checked this thread there was like 8 pages. I click last page to find we are now on number 19.
We are just getting started. Actually I thought this thread would die a long time ago but some folks took it too personal so the rest of us kinda have to entertain them a little longer.

Quick Reply: 2005 Ford GT40 vs. 1988 951S