Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FRF Headers and exhaust = MORE POWER

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 10:46 AM
boerge
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The paypal donation thing is a good idea in order to help Sid with further development, I know I would donate. We all benefit from Sid, Rogues and other contributors findings during this exciting process.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:50 AM
dnovak
Racer

Great job bro! I guess I will be installing a roll cage soon

any leaks after some hard passes?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:04 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by blown 944
Lookin good. Sid, can I email you a picture of some headers I just got for some input on them?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:23 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No leaks Dave....thanks again... Even though I couldn't get it tuned in perfectly there is no doubt that the whole system helped get the consistent 125+ mph. It was a bit of a mess last night due to the logging but it really goes to show that even though I had to be conservative it was pulling the top end harder.

Thank you to everyone else for the support. I'll write something a little more detailed later when I'm not on a phone.

I will say the support shown is very appreciated....
Old 09-06-2012, 12:39 PM
jlturpin
Burning Brakes

I day that a donation PayPal account is also a good idea. I look forward to the results of each and every mod, detailed results, and we all benifit in some way. Get it done Sid so we can give a little to help with your goals.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:41 PM
dnovak
Racer

Hey Rocket, send me a picture and I will give you an honest answer on the quality! NO BS
Old 09-06-2012, 12:42 PM
dnovak
Racer

An you know me Sid, I am game for anything, as long as its fun
Old 09-07-2012, 01:49 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Nice to see you post over here Jon. For those of you that don't know, Jon was the builder of the motor that went in Paul's 'Lil' that we all remember. Always good to get people from other countries contribute across the water. Especially those with a long history of working and modifying these cars.
Originally Posted by indi9xx
I have only just been made aware of your project, the other thread (Hybrid stroker project) and this one here.

Excellent work! I am really impressed with everything you have done here.

In particular I am impressed with your real world testing on the drag strip, rather than just relying on easily manipulated peak dyno numbers. Its just a shame here in the UK drag strips are few and far between.

Well done to everyone who has worked with you also, those headers look great and for some years I have been following Rogue Ant's progress, right from the early days of his questions in various Porsche and non porsche forums to get where he is at now. You are all now members of the Porsche tuning hall of fame, excellent work!

When we developed the 3.2 944 Turbo engines we had to go out on a limb and take some leaps of faith based on engineering science and experience, but it still took a lot of courage to keep the faith especially with the investment it took, which is why your project has impressed me so much. You set some goals, used some combinations of parts not used before in this application, engineered your solutions and went with it. Then you promptly put the car on the drag strip and ran it hard.

Keep up the good work, please do not let the safety regulations at the strip set a false ceiling on your project, when the time comes, get the cage and anything else you need to pass their safety rules. If funds are tight, set up a paypal donation page, I know I would donate and I am sure others would too.

I hope you get some better atmospheric conditions and get some good runs and would love to see what times you could get at sea level!!

Keep it up!
Thank you Jon. I followed the build back when the car was being done before the wreck and after.

I greatly appreciate when top builders take notice of what I do here and there.

I hope to be able to help others achieve a formidable engine combination that can make power and last within a reasonable budget. Not to mention to be able to be proud to stay with the porsche powerplant.

I don't believe in random dyno numbers. I don't ever like to be questioned about the reality of what I do and believe.

Originally Posted by boerge
The paypal donation thing is a good idea in order to help Sid with further development, I know I would donate. We all benefit from Sid, Rogues and other contributors findings during this exciting process.
Thank you for your confidence in what I do. If people really knew how small of a budget I work with they would laugh. My main focus is getting my son to the olympics. This always takes backseat and and It sometimes means for a "ramen budget" but I wouldn't have it any other way. I honestly appreciate every day when I get to drive this car to work and home. I used to have a large budget for building cars and I don't remember feeling quite so proud of my accomplishments.

I appreciate the offers to help and I am very flattered.....
Old 09-07-2012, 11:07 AM
2bridges
Drifting

Hey Sid - definately don't let a 4 point roll bar keep you down.
Shame I don't have that autopower bar laying around still I would send it your way.
With your fab skills I expect you could whip up a down and dirty bar in a weekend.

What other safety stuff are they going to hit you with?
I have a 6 point simpson (expired) camlock set of belts you can have if that is useable for you to get through tech. They are expired but tracks here allow as long as good condition and not a sanctioned event..... Let me know and they are yours for shipping
Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pole position
Time for 100% meth pre TB meth injection .....one step closer to a 130 mph + trap
+1

E85 + meth injection = 30psi!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:16 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Sid, my memory fails me...

Did you put a big valve / ported head on that engine or are you running a stock head?

-Dana
Old 09-07-2012, 12:17 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Originally Posted by 2bridges
Hey Sid - definately don't let a 4 point roll bar keep you down.
Shame I don't have that autopower bar laying around still I would send it your way.
With your fab skills I expect you could whip up a down and dirty bar in a weekend.

What other safety stuff are they going to hit you with?
I have a 6 point simpson (expired) camlock set of belts you can have if that is useable for you to get through tech. They are expired but tracks here allow as long as good condition and not a sanctioned event..... Let me know and they are yours for shipping
I'm not too worried about the safety stuff. I think at this point it's just a bar and harness. I will probably get by this year and do a bar over the winter.

My real concern is where do I stop. I've been down this road before and ended up unhappy with the cars.

I'll probably just sit on it for awhile and whatever happens happens.

The main thing I've realized is I just want it to be fun and not work. It's holding together very well at this power level and honestly I'd almost prefer to just leave the boost down a little and race and drive it as much as possible.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:20 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Dana, it's a stock valve head with a little work done by me.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:23 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by blown 944
I'm not too worried about the safety stuff. I think at this point it's just a bar and harness. I will probably get by this year and do a bar over the winter.

My real concern is where do I stop. I've been down this road before and ended up unhappy with the cars.

I'll probably just sit on it for awhile and whatever happens happens.

The main thing I've realized is I just want it to be fun and not work. It's holding together very well at this power level and honestly I'd almost prefer to just leave the boost down a little and race and drive it as much as possible.
I had the same problem as you with a GSXR I had. I kept building and building. Then the bike became unstreetable. It wouldnt idle in traffic without getting really hot, it ate starters/batteries, etc.

Personally, I am thinking my 951 is "too far". The E85 makes it so it is hard to find fuel. Its easy where we are since there is an E85 pump, but go into denver area and see how hard it is to find E85.

I am actually considering just running on gasoline. Its just flip a switch..but I have to get the E85 out to do that. Its not perfectly "streetable"
Old 09-07-2012, 12:24 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Of course, I would like to hit 115-120.....

I may be able to get 115mph with some more fuel...No changes happened last time increasing fuel or boost...I think the stock fuel pump is my limit right now.

Quick Reply: FRF Headers and exhaust = MORE POWER