We have a titanium side exhaust
Facebook Post
The following users liked this post:
Dakota Pope (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 08:27 AM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

Not a Great pic.. But this is mine I made a 2x14 That comes across the car and exits Driver side.. I didn't want to Cross the Fuel Lines.. BUT!!! I drove in on the street to test it out and came back 1/2 Deaf... So I Took it back off, Not worth it.. If I feel like doing a Ton more welding/ Fab maybe Ill Try to Go Pass Side but Without Re-routing Fuel lines or Cutting Floor/ Rocker I just don't see it happening..

Old 08-01-2019, 09:14 AM
Dakota Pope
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice, but how do you run the pipe, im really wanting to ls swap later and when i do I'd like to run duel side exhaust driver and passenger side, but curious how people are running it though the rocker panel, do you take a saw saw and cut a crap ton or what? For noe id like to run 1 3" from driver side then ill worry about other later
Old 08-01-2019, 10:43 AM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dakota Pope
Very nice, but how do you run the pipe, im really wanting to ls swap later and when i do I'd like to run duel side exhaust driver and passenger side, but curious how people are running it though the rocker panel, do you take a saw saw and cut a crap ton or what? For noe id like to run 1 3" from driver side then ill worry about other later

If I make it to come out the rocker I would Cut from the Tunnel all the way to the Rocker.. (Make a "Hump" in the floor) ALLOT of FAB work, and there is Little option if you want it Muffled, It can be done. I Built a Y pipe for my brother-in-laws LS Swapped car, then went to 3" all the way back.. Car Made 420 HP on the Dyno with that setup. I Think it more critical to have a HUGE Ex for a Turbo than a NA.There are some Vids on Ex Size-with relation to HP for V8 on YouTube...My Car is 2.5 Down pipe, as soon as it gets around the Bell Housing I go to 3" and then to 4" right before the wastegate dumps in.. and then 4" the rest of the way. I know Lindsey offers a 5" but that is kind of the Tail section... I would have to prove it on the Dyno. I never Dyno-ed the Side dump VS Full.. Maybe someone here has some data.. ???
Old 08-01-2019, 10:55 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Had one on a 2.5 NA race car.

Deafening, especially against concrete track border.

Depending on track Db over limit sensor position, you could be done for the weekend unless you bring pieces to revert back to rear exit.

No way I'd have this on a street car either,

Pics I posted in '13 are gone....

T
Old 08-01-2019, 11:05 AM
Dakota Pope
6th Gear

[QUOTE=GPA951s;16011831]If I make it to come out the rocker I would Cut from the Tunnel all the way to the Rocker.. (Make a "Hump" in the floor) ALLOT of FAB work

So if i cut from tunnel through to rocker panel is there any main things i need to worry about? Going out on driver side, and plan to run no more then 3" would really like to get it 3" all the way but well see
Old 08-01-2019, 11:20 AM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 295 Likes on 231 Posts

If you route the pipe from the central tunnel to the rocker area just in front of the rear wheel, you can fit a decent sized muffler if you remove the cat. Iirc some Euro cars that didn’t come with cats had a pre-muffler there.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Dakota Pope
6th Gear

Default Mag944

So if i reroute the pipe from central area to infront of rear wheel i should be able to get a 3" pipe in there with out having to cut an exit though rocker panel, and no cutting though all floor board? Also its already straight piped and i don't plan on buying a cat or muffler for it.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:01 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE=Dakota Pope;16011888]
Originally Posted by GPA951s
If I make it to come out the rocker I would Cut from the Tunnel all the way to the Rocker.. (Make a "Hump" in the floor) ALLOT of FAB work

So if i cut from tunnel through to rocker panel is there any main things i need to worry about? Going out on driver side, and plan to run no more then 3" would really like to get it 3" all the way but well see

You cant Really be Where you want to be,(REAR) If you look at previous pics (the ones above with the Three pipes), They are just Rear of Center... The farther back you get The closer to the rear crossmember mount you get, 1) you don't want to compromise the chassis integrity... 2) you would be best served with solid mounts as well, rubber melts... All the Fuel lines would need re-routing, the Foor section would have to be boxed in, and these cars can be tricky to weld on because of the galvanized steel. There is also one other drawback... You (Sort of) Loose your rear lifting point to put the car on a lift,,, It still can be done but I have to jack my car up with a floor jack from the center mount, put my extensions on and then put the lift arms under the car... I agree its cool... But the Juice is not worth the squeeze for me... My wife already says I have "selective hearing" with a side dump, I will have No Hearing..
Old 08-01-2019, 12:22 PM
Dakota Pope
6th Gear

[QUOTE=GPA951s;16012006]

You cant Really be Where you want to be,(REAR) If you look at previous pics (the ones above with the Three pipes), They are just Rear of Center... The farther back you get The closer to the rear crossmember mount you get, 1) you don't want to compromise the chassis integrity... 2) you would be best served with solid mounts as well, rubber melts... All the Fuel lines would need re-routing, the Foor section would have to be boxed in, and these cars can be tricky to weld on because of the galvanized steel. There is also one other drawback... You (Sort of) Loose your rear lifting point to put the car on a lift,,, It still can be done but I have to jack my car up with a floor jack from the center mount, put my extensions on and then put the lift arms under the car... I agree its cool... But the Juice is not worth the squeeze for me... My wife already says I have "selective hearing" with a side dump, I will have No Hearing..

So if i wanted to do a side exit maybe behind front wheel would be better? I really love the look of the rear side exit exhaust
Old 08-01-2019, 01:28 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE=Dakota Pope;16012050]
Originally Posted by GPA951s

So if i wanted to do a side exit maybe behind front wheel would be better? I really love the look of the rear side exit exhaust
Just do Rear of Center like they did.. not sure if you're using for the Street/track.. but in any case make sure you can always switch back.. I have a V band clamp and can switch in under 3 min... and for my Full ex I have another V band behind where the CV shaft is so I can go from straight pipe to muffler in under 1 min..
my Car is lowered BTW and Ground Clearance sucked.... But for stock Ride height It would be fine
Old 08-01-2019, 02:07 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 295 Likes on 231 Posts

So if i reroute the pipe from central area to infront of rear wheel i should be able to get a 3" pipe in there with out having to cut an exit though rocker panel, and no cutting though all floor board? Also its already straight piped and i don't plan on buying a cat or muffler for it.

Yes exactly the exit area, through the rear rocker sheet metal but not through the actual rocker but rethink not having a muffler as it’s pretty bad without one and there is plenty of room for one, something like this is what I was trying to explain.

Source: 9TECHNIK
Old 08-01-2019, 03:22 PM
Dakota Pope
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MAGK944
Yes exactly the exit area, through the rear rocker sheet metal but not through the actual rocker but rethink not having a muffler as it’s pretty bad without one and there is plenty of room for one, something like this is what I was trying to explain.

Source: 9TECHNIK

Ok thank you that helps alot so this way i only have to cut bottom part of rocker panel and not all the way through it, and i like the idea about swapping them out
Old 08-02-2019, 11:29 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Had one on a 2.5 NA race car.

Deafening, especially against concrete track border.
T
I remember hearing Docs side exhaust you made.....very loud!

Quick Reply: Side exit exhaust?