333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

'Lart for President.' Who's with me??
Old 03-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all of that going on and I still got my parts from you 3 weeks ago, GREAT JOB!!! I may just keep them as a momento and not use them. Gongrats!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:27 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Landjet
With all of that going on and I still got my parts from you 3 weeks ago, GREAT JOB!!! I may just keep them as a momento and not use them. Gongrats!
Thank you, since January 13th I was up at 5:45am answered questions on ebay and rl, went to court all day until 4:15pm got home at 5:00 started to pack what was sold and needed to be shipped until 1:30am , iam behind with a few order but i will catch up, I am debating in between parting (sacrificing) a 968 or a highly modified turbo (highly modded) as a return special, also I will apply to Rennlist small business sponsorship which i was denied by IB I guess mainly by the bell case but now I expect to accept it.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:31 PM
slips2
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by carlege
congrats... only cost you a couple hundred grand
Maybe in endorsements

Isn't the City of Bell on the hook for the defendants' legal bills?
Old 03-23-2013, 04:24 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by slips2
Maybe in endorsements

Isn't the City of Bell on the hook for the defendants' legal bills?
There were 8 people charged by then attorney general now governor Jerry Brown, one of the ones charged was chief of police randy adams . I was not, but then mr steve cooley prosecutor on steroids with his public integrity division with not enough integrity to charge his own friend chief adams charged me a nobody, fyi only those charged in the civil suit are eligible for the city to pay their legal fees, iam not and even if i was eligible i would NOT take a penny more from the city, you obviously read too much The LIE TIMES, which if anybody wants to see evidence i can beyond the reasonable doubt prove that their reports were far from the truth. Anyway once someone told me is better for people to think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and confirm it.

Tia

Lart
Old 03-23-2013, 04:26 PM
soltino
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, never thought i would be a .1 percenter.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:36 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Another reason i can't comment too much in public it's because there is still half a dozen criminal and civil litigations in process Not agains me, after that be ready for the book and the movie, lol
Old 03-23-2013, 06:36 PM
slips2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lart951
... you obviously read too much The LIE TIMES ...

Tia

Lart
Nope, don't read The LA Times. Just heard the collective groan from taxpayers when the judge admonished the jury to return for additional deliberations on outstanding counts, which could have meant considerablely more expense. After deliberations took nearly as long as the trial, seems the jury was in no mood for more, revolted, and a mistrial was declared. On to the big fish ...
Old 03-23-2013, 07:05 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by slips2
Nope, don't read The LA Times. Just heard the collective groan from taxpayers when the judge admonished the jury to return for additional deliberations on outstanding counts, which could have meant considerablely more expense. After deliberations took nearly as long as the trial, seems the jury was in no mood for more, revolted, and a mistrial was declared. On to the big fish ...
That's the other 5, i was acquitted a day early of the mistrial.

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Former Bell Councilman Luis Artiga thanked God and his attorney as he walked out of the criminal courts building Wednesday a free man.

Artiga and five other Bell city officials were on trial for misappropriation of public funds from the blue-collar city. After more than a month of deliberations, Artiga was acquitted of all 12 counts of misappropriation and the jury also found two special allegations to be not true.

After the verdicts were read and Artiga was found not guilty, Artiga cried, looked at the jurors and said, "Thank you."

"It was a very humbling experience because at the moment you're life can be changed forever for worse," Artiga said outside the courtroom. "I was very thankful."

Appointed to the City Council in 2008, Artiga was its newest member. He said all along that he was not involved in the padding of salaries.

"He was not aware, he didn't vote on any of them, he was not there when the authorities were created, he was not there when the raise was given," said Artiga's attorney, George Mgdesyan. "When he came in, one of the council members had resigned. He came on board, he's been working for the city of Bell."

The defendants - Artiga, former Mayor Oscar Hernandez and former council members Teresa Jacobo, George Cole, George Mirabal and Victor Bello - faced 12 to 20 counts of misappropriation of public funds.

The other verdicts were as follows: Hernandez, Jacobo and Mirabal were found guilty on five counts and acquitted on 5 other counts. Cole was found guilty on two counts and acquitted on two other counts. Bello was found guilty on four counts and acquitted on four other counts.

Authorities allege Robert Rizzo, Bell's former city manager, came up with the plan to siphon money from the city and gave himself and City Council members hefty salaries.

A separate trial lies ahead for Rizzo and his assistant, Angela Spaccia.

Artiga said he never lost faith during the trial and the weeks of deliberations, but it was the worst time of his life.

"I regret the day I went into the council," Artiga said.

Artiga is still a resident and pastor of a church in Bell. He said he plans to continue helping people of the city.

The City of Bell case.

Luis Artiga was appointed to the city council in October of 2008. There is no dispute that Artiga had a reputation in the city of Bell as an honest and hardworking councilman. Since his appointment, He worked over 40 hours per week as a member of the Bell city council member. He performed a variety of duties such as visiting residents, listening to suggestions, addressing needs in the community. On several occasions Artiga even provided assistance for families in need such as providing food and clothing using his own funds. In short, by all accounts he was honest and hardworking member of the council and community in general.

There are 4 separate municipal authorities that the people contend the council members received monies from. They include, the Bell Surplus Property Authority, which was established in July 1975. The Bell Public Financing Authority, which was established in August of 1991, the Bell Community Redevelopment Agency and Housing Authority, which was established in February 1995.There is no dispute that the boards and agencies in question existed prior to Artiga’s appointment to the council in 2008. Thus, he had no part in the creation of these boards.

The increase in salary for the agencies were voted on and passed through resolutions prior to Artiga’s appointment as council member. It is undisputed that Artiga never voted on any of the resolutions for pay increases by and through any of these municipal authorities. Most importantly, the district attorney’s office has stipulated that Artiga never voted on any of these resolutions in any of the increases in pay, which was accepted as a fact by the preliminary hearing court.

The basis for the D.A. ‘s theory is the penal code 424(a) by which Artiga is being accused of criminal negligence for not knowing that his salary was NOT legal or under authority of law.

We believe that it was not possible for a reasonable person in the same position as Artiga to have known that all the committees and boards and salaries that were created years before he came to service according to the D.A.’s theory were not under authority of law.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW I can not even imagine what you were going through. Gongrats on keeping your sanity somehow.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 333pg333
'Lart for President.' Who's with me??
+1
Old 03-25-2013, 12:31 PM
pettybird
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pettybird
So where's the 'tragedy of justice' thread over on Pelican about this?

So hey close enough:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...che-parts.html
Old 03-25-2013, 12:55 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pettybird
Would you be so kind to tell nize who unjustly banned me from pelicans to please reconsider unbanning me, he did it without any justification probably because Keith Jones and Vic Pauerman told him, if he doesnt i will go in person to pelicans and talk to wayne iam a frequent customer and iam sure he will see the injustice.

Tia

Lart
Old 03-26-2013, 01:06 PM
pettybird
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better talk to Wayne. I have no pull...I own 944's not GT2RS's
Old 04-01-2013, 08:58 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Landjet
WOW I can not even imagine what you were going through. Gongrats on keeping your sanity somehow.
His innocence was never in question, his sanity will always be.

Originally Posted by lart951
Would you be so kind to tell nize who unjustly banned me from pelicans to please reconsider unbanning me, he did it without any justification probably because Keith Jones and Vic Pauerman told him, if he doesnt i will go in person to pelicans and talk to wayne iam a frequent customer and iam sure he will see the injustice.

Tia

Lart
Nize banned me there a while back.(It does give me a bit of pleasure knowing I had a part to play in getting him banned over here).

I contacted the actual Pelican site administrator about my banning and he reversed it. All my PM's and posts were gone but I was back in the site.

Quick Reply: Good news about our 944 buddy Lart!