Old 01-15-2014, 08:14 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by URG8RB8
Loving the utility, almost $200 of groceries at Costco and no issues at all. Right side cubby is totally empty as well. Left side cubby has quite a bit of room, only the Bit 10 in there.

Attachment 797095
Lets see what we got in there - strawberries, chocolate syrup and new underwear....I think I know where this is going!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:23 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

I still have a few of these mounting plates left, since the Zietronics can display temps or pressures on the other channels you can get all the data you need in one display. they are steel and this one has been powdercoated in black wrinkle finish.
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2014, 10:42 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That is quite nice Chris! I did not know you made these. Guess you are too busy doing great work versus doing great websites and marketing! Yes, that was an indirect dig. However, I think I am going to go with the Double Din HU which removes this location and I am very happy with where he mounted mine.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:34 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is quite nice Chris! I did not know you made these. Guess you are too busy doing great work versus doing great websites and marketing! Yes, that was an indirect dig. However, I think I am going to go with the Double Din HU which removes this location and I am very happy with where he mounted mine.
pics??
Old 01-15-2014, 02:19 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Yes, that was an indirect dig.
If that was you indirect dig I would hate to be a victim of the direct shot!!

I started redoing the web site 5 or 6 years ago...never had time to finish it! I suppose its a good sign when you have too much work to bother with marketing!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

I think I am going to go with the Double Din HU which removes this location and I am very happy with where he mounted mine.
Let me know what you find that will work - the angle of the console makes reflections a real problem.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:31 PM
blackbull
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris White
Sometimes "New and Improved" just means shinier and more expensive but not better!

I haven't heard the Illusion stuff so I can't say anything other than I haven't heard anything that is smoother than the Dynaudio's.
Amen brother.....Amen!! :bow:
Old 01-15-2014, 02:49 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chris White
If that was you indirect dig I would hate to be a victim of the direct shot!! I started redoing the web site 5 or 6 years ago...never had time to finish it! I suppose its a good sign when you have too much work to bother with marketing!
I think you misread that, well at least not the way it was intended. Some people have a very fancy website and tons of marketing but never get anything done. Should have just kept my mouth shut. If I sent my other car to you with an open check book, I am quite sure it would have been completed after four years! It was meant to be a compliment, but guess it came across wrong.

Last edited by URG8RB8; 01-15-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:05 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Almost none of last years head units are fully compatible with the IPhone 5/5S. I am holding out for the 2014 models before switching my current head unit out (Alpine IDA-305S). I might also consider going to a single DIN with flip out 7" touch screen.
Just to provide some more info to this statement, the iDE-178BT I ended up getting is fully compatible with my iPhone 5. Picked it up for AU$244. Great sound quality considering the age of the stock 10 speaker setup. Really it's pretty good. The 9 band para equaliser is a good feature. The handsfree phone control is pretty handy too.

Install was easy too, just bought a vehicle harness to ISO connector/adaptor and plugged it in.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:07 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Originally Posted by Eric_Oz_S2
Just to provide some more info to this statement, the iDE-178BT I ended up getting is fully compatible with my iPhone 5. Picked it up for AU$244. Great sound quality considering the age of the stock 10 speaker setup. Really it's pretty good. The 9 band para equaliser is a good feature. The handsfree phone control is pretty handy too. Install was easy too, just bought a vehicle harness to ISO connector/adaptor and plugged it in.
I have never heard of this unit and after looking for it on the Alpine site noticed that all of the nice new units are not available here in the US, go figure! The best thing we have is the IDE-149BT.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:08 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

I am going to install the 149BT tomorrow for better but not perfect IPhone 5S functionality. I will pull it out and sell it when I get around to installing the Eboost2. Then I will put in the double DIN unit. I am a little weary of the Saratoga Top though. I think it will have quite a bit of glare in the day time. I really hate the Saratoga Top anyway, maybe just pull it out and put the factory top back in. The look of the Saratoga Top is great, but functionality sucks! Both left and right front corners lift at speed and create huge wind noise. I think over 120 it will rip off.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:19 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Your just a sunroof hater......
LOL
Old 01-28-2014, 08:35 AM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you misread that, well at least not the way it was intended. Some people have a very fancy website and tons of marketing but never get anything done. Should have just kept my mouth shut. If I sent my other car to you with an open check book, I am quite sure it would have been completed after four years! It was meant to be a compliment, but guess it came across wrong.
Sounds like this is a dig at another popular vendor on here. LR?
Old 01-29-2014, 10:39 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

OK, the CDE-149BT is installed, but not tuned. They ran into some alternator whine issues after swapping head units and spent a long time on this. Actually, I am sort of pleased no tuning to the Bit 10D was attempted as the difference in sound between the two head units is amazing. This might be because the 149 is capable of playing lossless files, but I don't think so. I played the same files as previously on the 305S and no comparison. The music just came to life and Ernie tells me it will get much better after a long tuning session. However, he wants me there for personal taste recommendations. This is difficult with my work, but will have to take a day off sometime soon.

The functionality with the IPhone 5S is quite good, not sure why Alpine told me it was partially compatible. The manual does not make any mention of even an IPhone 5 being compatible. I have not hooked it directly yet, only via BT. I can voice dial via SIRI amongst other SIRI features. The best one is Voice activated GPS guidance. I highly don't recommend this, but it will voice text as well. Pandora works only if direct connection via USB is used. The display absolutely SUCKs com paired to the color display of the 305S.
Nothing I can do about this, it is only temporary anyway. I will take some pics today. Illumination can be set to four colors, but screen is simply old school LCD/LED text. Phone book downloading works perfectly via BT. Streaming BT audio from IPhone sounds much better than on the 305S. Have not had time to play with everything, post more later.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:59 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Just listened to Grammy song of the year Royals in lossless and got a smile from ear to ear, feel like a teenager again. The new head unit is amazing on the clarity front. This system sounds like as much as it cost now! I am happy. There is still some more tuning to do, so I am looking forward to even more separation. For now, I am jamming and loving every minute of it!

Quick Reply: Over the Top 951 Audio System