Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey racing experience....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 07:35 PM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lindsey racing experience....

So I needed a banjo bolt and 2 new copper crush washers for my 951 intake and found Lindsey had them stocked.

$12 for the 2port banjo bolt and $1/ea. for the copper crush washers, price is right for me.

$11.15 shipping for a 2oz bag, outrageous!!! UPS shipping ground to boot, not a priority overnight shipment.

I ship out plenty of stuff and I have never bamboozled people for 900% markup, c'mon Linsdey Racing.

Treat people right, and they tell 2 people. Treat people wrong, they tell 10 people about their negative experience.

Just blows my mind still.

Sorry about the rant, but this is why I try to buy used off forums and keep the regular folks going, and not feed the machine.

Last edited by fiily; 12-15-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I had some problems a few years back with parts
Old 12-15-2014, 08:23 PM
raleighBahn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am finding that my local porsche dealer is willing to match (and beat) price against anyone with very few exceptions, and shipping is free (even international) - often arriving next day at the department. In addition, i am getting new parts from them that are previously thought to be no longer manufactured. Porsche is ramping up parts capabilities.

That said, i still use rennlist sponsors for plenty of stuff, and lindsey has always had great parts.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:29 PM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raleighBahn
I am finding that my local porsche dealer is willing to match (and beat) price against anyone with very few exceptions, and shipping is free (even international) - often arriving next day at the department. In addition, i am getting new parts from them that are previously thought to be no longer manufactured. Porsche is ramping up parts capabilities.

That said, i still use rennlist sponsors for plenty of stuff, and lindsey has always had great parts.
Service was fine, ordered fine, shipped easily enough, but $11 via UPS is laughable at best.

If they need to make money of parts do so by raising prices, don't jerk me around over crazy shipping prices.

Sorry about the rant again, it's obviously left a sour taste in my mouth.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:07 PM
dmcampbell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I do agree with the dealer comment above, but I have had exceptionally good support from Travis at Rennbay.com. His prices are great and shipping is what it is. Anything he does not have on hand he can normally get to me in a few days. Mike
Old 12-15-2014, 10:21 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Any place I buy from charges a hell of a lot more than that
Old 12-15-2014, 10:55 PM
NC951guy
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had similar problems with Lindsey. They only seem to use UPS which is more expensive and slower than USPS for smaller packages. I suggested to them a year or so ago to add the option for USPS, but they ignored me. I now use them only when they have something others don't.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:51 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

If your crying over $11.00 you probably shouldn't be on their site anyway lol, just about everywhere I've shopped has shipping charges like that, no big deal to get what I want when I want it, The dealerships around here mark up parts 300% so that's not an option. I've never had a problem with LR and use a lot of their stuff
Old 12-16-2014, 06:01 AM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$11 sounds normal for OK to NH via UPS. That's like their minimum price, only goes up from there with shipping weight/size.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:16 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I agree the shipping is high, however it seems inline with other small items I have bought recently.

As for Lindsey racing they have always been great to deal with and I am not sure that this thread is a great thing to post. If you don't like the price cancel the order and buy your parts elsewhere. Just my $ .02
Old 12-16-2014, 06:40 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

because it will probably go via courier.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:26 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um, I can't get anything shipped from my business via FedEx or UPS for under $9. And while you may not appreciate it, packaging materials cost money, boxes are typically $1-2 (more for larger ones). Now, it could have probably been shipped USPS for about $6, but dealing with the post office is a royal PITA. I see absolutely nothing abnormal about what Lindsey has done.

I've not always been a big fan of all of their products (e.g. the MAF systems compared to Rogue or Vitesse), but as a vendor, they are absolutely, unquestionably TOP NOTCH. Their customer service is among the best I've ever experienced. For example, I once ordered some clutch parts for multiple cars. 2 of some things, 1 of others. Ordered online. Tracy called me when they were processing the order to make sure it was correct, given that it was unusual. You don't experience that out of anyone else. Look at how they package fasteners. They seal each type in a different pouch, when you are putting stuff together, this is incredibly valuable and time saving.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:30 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 67King
Um, I can't get anything shipped from my business via FedEx or UPS for under $9. And while you may not appreciate it, packaging materials cost money, boxes are typically $1-2 (more for larger ones). Now, it could have probably been shipped USPS for about $6, but dealing with the post office is a royal PITA. I see absolutely nothing abnormal about what Lindsey has done.

I've not always been a big fan of all of their products (e.g. the MAF systems compared to Rogue or Vitesse), but as a vendor, they are absolutely, unquestionably TOP NOTCH. Their customer service is among the best I've ever experienced. For example, I once ordered some clutch parts for multiple cars. 2 of some things, 1 of others. Ordered online. Tracy called me when they were processing the order to make sure it was correct, given that it was unusual. You don't experience that out of anyone else. Look at how they package fasteners. They seal each type in a different pouch, when you are putting stuff together, this is incredibly valuable and time saving.
Cannot agree any more!!

When i ordered a box of stuff from them. Everything was so organised. packaged so well.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:59 AM
jmj951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've always had great experiences with Lindsey, including with questions after the purchase. Personally, I prefer to buy from Lindsey first if they have what I need because I want to support 944-focused vendors before I support vendors that are more broadly focused.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:05 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

pfft $11. Move down here and that's chicken feed. LR has always been great to deal with and quick and I am on the other side of the planet. Shipping here is brutal from any vendor in the US but at least LR tick all the right boxes for me. Quick, answer emails asap, huge range and have been happy with most stuff from them quality wise.

Quick Reply: Lindsey racing experience....