Paging Tony G

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 02:47 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Paging Tony G

Tony,

I have tried emailing you, but again I get no responce so we bring this to a place I know you have been visiting lately to ask you a couple of questions:

Did the steering wheel ship out yet?

If so, to what address and what was the tracking number?

If not, why not?

as of 08-27-2003 12:38 PM (according to rennlist posts) you had the steering wheel and you could send it out, I have yet to recieve it so i would just like to follow up on this issue which is now over 9 months old.....

Thank you
Old 09-15-2003, 03:51 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ian

I'm not sure where you are emailing me at, but (and I think I've told you this... but I could be wrong). I no longer use the archweb email address. I use the t o n y g @ a r c h s o f t w a r e . n e t address.

The archweb address receives about 30 spams for every 1 legit email address. I still get email there, but it passes through 3 sets of spam filters. And, unless I've punched a hole through the spam rules for your particular address, your email ain't gonna get through... most likely).

Nevertheless, I have the wheel. I've not sent it yet, because I've not had the time to do so.

I typically wait until I have a few parts to ship, then go ship them. This way I minimize the time spent shipping.

I've got 5 orders to ship, and they are all getting shipped tomorrow. As-is, just getting 5 orders packed & boxed, going down to the UPS shipping place, waiting in line, etc... just about blows 1/2 day.

Add to that, that a lot of parts are at my storage unit which adds even more time to the equation.

Typically, with the exception of you, the parts go out within a week.

And you've not been waiting for a steering wheel for 9 months. That's a little misleading don't you think?

The value of the parts I've sent you has far outweighed what you payed ... and I'm still out my original parts which I've never received back, and you still have the steering wheel coming.

So just chill and you'll get your wheel.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:09 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Tony,

You never communicated to me that you were using a different email address, you told me that my hotmail address was not getting through because it was being looked at as spam, so I used a bank of america address, and they have not gotten kicked back to me, so assumed they were going through.

And 9 months is not misleading, 9 month is how long this not so well oiled transaction has been going. And as stated 2 weeks ago we both want this to be at a close so I was notexpecting you to wait to more weeks to ship out the wheel. It seems like that is just delaying something that shouldn't have been put off any longer. I'm not concerned with your typical buinsess practices, i'm concerned with this one.

Also in there is a new shipping address, please send the package to:

2601 LABURNUM AVE
Charlotte NC 28205
Old 09-15-2003, 04:35 PM
crazyracer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always call UPS and arrange pickup at my home or business address. Takes about 2 minutes to call them. But I also recall Tony mentioning another email address, but he also said that he would ship out right away, that's about 2 weeks ago or more. None of my business but I would never buy anything from somebody like that.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:41 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

crazyracer

Uhhh unfortunately, UPS won't come to my door to pack & box the parts before they pick them up. Do they do that for you?

And, I really could care less if you ever bought a part from me. Or anyone else for that matter. I don't sell parts to make a profit. In fact, I loose money every time a part goes out the door.

So please.... take your business elsewhere. You'll be saving me money!
Old 09-15-2003, 04:51 PM
crazyracer
Racer

I didn't say pack and box. Pick up is what I said. You lose money? I recall you buying a complete car (or 2) just a few months ago which you sold in parts. Why are you doing this if you lose money?
Old 09-15-2003, 04:59 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Please just ship it out, i'm not looking for a reason why I don't have it, I'm not looking for a debate, I just want a tracking number for a packing going to the above address.

Thank you in advance.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:26 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

crazyracer

The car (the last car I purchased that I'm parting out) cost me almost $15,000.

In this particular case, I thought I might want it for its engine (the 2.85 liter stroker engine) and some other misc parts. As it turns out, I'm selling the engine because I decided that with the power I have now, it just didn't justify pulling everything apart to get the bump in displacement. And asside from the displacement increase, my current 2.5 liter short block has all the super high quality internal parts the 2.85 liter has.

Yes I'll take a few parts for myself (the rolll bar and the wide band 02), but the rest is getting sold and I can assure you that the parts will not generate the $15,000 I paid for it. Now add in the $160/month storage unit, all my time pulling parts for people, etc.. and you can see how this is money loosing proposition.

Even if you deduct the new value of the 2 parts I'm takig for myself, and add that back in, the parts car won't make a profit. Not even close.

It's not about making a profit. It's more of wanting to try every available technology out there in order to build a killer 951.

I try something. Usually, not for long, before I sell it (and parts are typically sold for 1/2 the value of new), and try the next thing.

Example: This weekend I sold a Bursch test pipe, jet hot coated, with a hollowed out cat welded in, and a almost brand new starter to "rhesus
" from this message board (he lives close to me). Sell price: $160 for both.

Suffice to say, that I do not make a profit... ever.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:07 PM
rhesus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Tony just wanted to thank you again for the parts and ride... Hehe I have a new story I've been telling to all my friends about riding in "the beast!" Anyways it was super cool of you to include the starter in there, not to mention driving me around a little.

Sorry to hijack.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:15 AM
rcldesign
Racer

Me too... that little a/c vent was cool... and I couldn't find a better price anywhere... lol
Old 09-17-2003, 02:01 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Ok, did the orders you have get shipped out, if so post tracking number for my part here, I want to see them so I know when to expect it, and did you ship it to the updated adress?

thanks

Last edited by ian; 09-17-2003 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:30 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

Good god, get off your *** and ship the damn wheel already. This has been going on for a long long time and there is no reason for it. You have his money, now show some respect and take the 15 minutes to go to the fuggin' post office.

What a joke.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:33 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Perry

Let's see

I've already sent him (2) sets of Pagid Orange pads, (1) Moroso Oil Catch Can with Filter, and (1) Brand New Stainless 3" muffler.

He's gotten parts worth far more than the money I have of his.

Oh yeah... one last thing. I never received back my parts that I originally sent him.

And... I told him I was going to get him the steering wheel.

If you are going to comment on a deal, that you are not part of, then at least state the other side of the story.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ian,

It's only been nine months! So what if you're driving the car around with a Vice Grip. Stop your complaining.......cross your fingers, you'll get your wheel eventually .
Old 09-17-2003, 05:00 PM
crazyracer
Racer

Now that this is public, what was the deal, what did you sent him, how much money did he sent you etc. Tony, maybe you are right, that you are the nice guy and Ian isn't. Let us know, TKS

Quick Reply: Paging Tony G