stoked944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh and mine is stock.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:25 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

It's always good to hear bout these cars getting respect.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:40 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

today is known for wasting a C5 on the intersate big time. Pretty much no traffic situation, I was on cruise at 80. Passed the C5 real slow, he gets upset shoots forward,,still on cruise. Pass him slowly again. This time it is speed, brake, speed, brake. Well when he braked the third time I gave him third gear(I was down to 75 or so) he never recovered after I hit fourth. I got out of it around 140 because traffic was coming up,,,back to cruise on 80, of course he blew by; guess who got pulled over about 4 miles down the road by Arkansas State Trooper ,,sorry I had to give him a beep-beep on the horn; even though I am too old for this sh*t and know better.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:32 AM
Mledbetter
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by tecart
back a few years ago i raced a modded rx-7 twin turbo that had stillen motorsport upgrades, fittapaldi 18's w cross drilled disc's and all the goodies, i spanked him 4 times over, we ran from 10 mph to 100 and i was 5 cars ahead of him by 100 almost every time, god was he mad he told me later on how can a 944 turbo go so fast, he spend 12 grand on engine mods including turbos, he had no engine mangt. stuff just the normal full stage 1 and 2 upgrades, turbos, intercooler, exhaust, intake, but not NOS or full motor displacement changes, he ended up selling it 1 month l;ater and bought a 996 turbo i heard, his car did look like one of the best things on the road though and i remember he could shift in and out of traffic very fast and brake like no tomorrow, i never told him i was running 22 psi with k29 ,maf and almost 3.5 bar fuel with 72 pounders and open exhaust with porting, hehe it was fun, not close though, i wish i could of ran into this other rx-7 guy, the post he wrote would probably never of been written due to embarrassment
A few years ago, Stillen didn't make much, if anything, for the Rx-7. Maybe you are thinking of the 300zx... That's was stillens bread and butter for ever.

I was the one posting on that thread about the 951.

I've got a '93 rx-7. The injectors and pump don't need to be upgraded until well over 300 at the wheels. The stock injectors can support 350 at the wheels and the pump probably could as well, although might as well spend a hundred bucks on a upgraded pump.

With a intake, downpipe, and catback, the Rx-7 will run low 13's easily. No fuel or ecu upgrades needed at that point.

-Matt

Quick Reply: The 951 is KNOWN..