Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

LR M-Tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 04:03 AM
94427L
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the language is a problem, to explain well .
I do not want chipboard .
I want to try another 28pin chip.
everything in the car is new.
if my configuration is (tune # 1) .
I think that the problem is 28pin chip programming .
I am very grateful if you send another .
you say, I have to pay .
Old 12-24-2015, 04:11 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 94427L
the language is a problem, to explain well .
I do not want chipboard .
I want to try another 28pin chip.
everything in the car is new.
if my configuration is (tune # 1) .
I think that the problem is 28pin chip programming .
I am very grateful if you send another .
you say, I have to pay .
Ok, I think I understand.
Email me your shipping address:

joshua@roguetuning.com

I will send out another 28pin chip, programmed for Tune #1.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:44 AM
94427L
Intermediate

send an email to you .
I thank you for your attention.
and thanks to everyone else for trying to help .
I hope the new chip, to tell if we eliminate the problem.
when you have another chip, publishes the result.
thanks.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:27 AM
94427L
Intermediate

Hi Joshua.
For days I send an email with my address, but you do not answer.
if I did not receive sent him back.
thanks.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:36 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Hi Joshua.
For days I send an email with my address, but you do not answer.
if I did not receive sent him back.
thanks.
Yes, I received your email - I'll be sending out a chip this week.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi all, as you can see in the forum I took time.
do not participate because they do not write groin, this is the translator.
I buy the m-tune lindsey, about three months. still it does not work properly. I never worked well. problems sometimes cold start 1100 revolutions sometimes 600 or 700 of the little I worked very rich 10.0 mi AFR meter does not measure less than 10.0. Yet another problem in 8psi, cut fuel. I am very angry. talk to lindsey (dave) no solution, I stopped answering emails. poor after-sales service lindsey. as you can imagine all this revised engine. a lot of money, by maf m-tune that is not working. I guess it's bad chip, and lindsey does not solve, no answer, really bad. this maybe because I'm in Spain. I do not want to spoil sales of m-tune. but buy one that is rubbish.
94427L. I just stumbled across this post over the holiday when I was looking through RL. I'm going to let you and the others here know, Lindsey Racing does not conduct it's daily business on RL, so if you have a question or problem, we have emails and phone numbers you can contact us with.

I do recall you very clear and have all our communications. We exchanged many emails back and forth on a very timely almost daily basis. When you asked a question we didn't have the answer for, we kicked that up the ladder to Joshua for a answer. That might of added a day or two for a reply.

The last communication I had to you went unanswered by you. You just said above "I stopped answering emails.". Well, if you did not want our help, then you did the right thing. If you wanted our help, then you should be answering our email or calling us. We assume your problem was fixed since you dropped out of the conversations.

I have emailed Joshua and offered to send you a chip if he has not yet. We have no problem helping to figure out your cars issue, but if we don't know you have one, we do nothing.

I'm sorry you're frustrated, but you need to take some of the blame in that. We will do what we can do assist unless you don't want us to.

Dave
Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 01-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mahoney944
Yeah I've been back and forth with Dave and Josh. And they have been very helpful in trying to figure out my issue. Prior to install my car ran perfect. I bought a rogue ECU and a LR mtune maf kit to try to take my highly modded car to the next level but it has been a rocky road. I installed the new ECU with the new m-tune chip board, installed the maf piping and reset my idle which probably didn't need it since I check it regularly. And I started having issues right away. Throwing so much "new" at it has made it hard to figure out what part is the issue but so far the map sensor has been replaced and wire volts verified, the maf sensor was replaced, the new ecu dip switches were verified to be in the right positions, I had a replacement chip board sent to me ....all of which did no changes. I put my stock stuff back on and the car runs perfect again. I suspect the new ECU might be the issue so Josh is currently retesting the ecu with my mtune chip board. If he comes up with nothing then I really have no clue what it could be. The car runs perfect on the stock afm and terrible on the new LR m tune kit. I'm not discrediting any of these products I'm just trying to figuring out some solutions. Current issues are on cold starts my idle gets stuck around 3000 rpm if I rev the engine and it slowly... I mean slooowly crawls back to 1200 rpm after about 30 secoconds. If I rev it again the sticky idle repeats. Next when driving at normal road speeds and I go to stop. I get a bouncy rpm hickup right before idle. The car feels like its surging. Also anytime the car is boosting hard or nearing 4500 rpm. I get a hard bucking and sound as if I'm hitting the rev limiter, finally the car is running extremely rich even at minus 11% fuel on the fqs....like I said I put my old afm back on and the car runs great, dare I say perfect. No vac/ exhaust leaks. I'm sure this will get figured out eventually.
Tom,

I haven't heard for you in a bit on your M-Tune, but hopefully you are closer to sorting the problem. or it's fixed.

We had sent you a replacement chip, chip board, IAT, MAP Sensor, MAF sensor I recall during our trying to assist, and none fixed the problem. I think you agreed that's about all Lindsey Racing could do and your problem may lie elsewhere.

So unless it was the air cleaner, aluminum tube or the wiring harness, we covered all the bases.

We had several phone calls, trouble shooting this and that theory, sent you parts to try, and I trust you feel we did everything we could on a timely basis to help? Did we let you down in any way?

As always, let me know if there is anything we can do to help if you still need some.

Dave
Old 01-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default M-Tune

Lindsey Racing has 65 M-Tune kits in the hands of it's customers. Not 10, or 20, but 65. That's no small number since it was just released this year and they still haven't flowed out the door as timely as we would like. We are farming out the wiring harness to help alleviate delays and getting quotes on the intake tube. Those two are the main hold ups where there was hold ups. We are working to make these kits available any day of the week you call. Today for example we have a few in stock.

At this time, we have ZERO customers that are in contact with us regarding any un-resolved running issue waiting for Lindsey Racing for the next step. That might change with 94427L though if he still requires our help. We have one email exchange we are following between Joshua and our customer, reviewing logs, but that's it.

Some issues go beyond our knowledge of the products capabilities and interactions with the DME and other systems, and require us to
hand off to or get assistance from Rogue Tuning.

If there is anybody out there who has an issue with their M-Tune, and needs our help, please contact us, otherwise we will go with No News is Good News.

If we dropped the ball somewhere, and we don't think we have, we would like to pick it back up.

We have had what seems like a very small number is people with any issues given the number of kits out. We have sent out a couple MAP sensors, a chip or two and a board or two. One MAF we confirmed bad. Pretty minimal as far as we are concerned with 65 kits. Not sure 100% of those parts were even bad.

We are about to bring on the 944 version, and hope we have these similar issues sorted by then. But when sales exceed inventory levels, the only thing you can do is wait.

We just wanted to try to clear up any questions or concerns that we feel may have been portrayed or cast doubt upon in the product our ability to supply and support it in this thread.

LR
Old 01-04-2016, 05:56 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey
Tom,

I haven't heard for you in a bit on your M-Tune, but hopefully you are closer to sorting the problem. or it's fixed.

We had sent you a replacement chip, chip board, IAT, MAP Sensor, MAF sensor I recall during our trying to assist, and none fixed the problem. I think you agreed that's about all Lindsey Racing could do and your problem may lie elsewhere.

So unless it was the air cleaner, aluminum tube or the wiring harness, we covered all the bases.

We had several phone calls, trouble shooting this and that theory, sent you parts to try, and I trust you feel we did everything we could on a timely basis to help? Did we let you down in any way?

As always, let me know if there is anything we can do to help if you still need some.

Dave
Lindsey Racing and rogue tuning have been very helpful in trying to solve my m-tune troubles. My rogue ECU was sent out and verified again (just to be sure) and returned with a rogue dme logger. Every part has been changed or swapped out on Lindseys side and installed properly......I'm hoping to setup the logger soon to help find something. Or at least see more into what's happening. I'm also installing new battery cables on a non-related note, just to know they are new and there's no chance of corrosion.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:58 AM
94427L
Intermediate

Hi.
Now I'm back.
for Mike Lindsey ---- give a talk to Dave.no solution working. I stopped answering emails. you stopped answering emails.
expect a new chip. but receive nothing. and Joshua not confirm the shipment.
I can not use m-tune. I have the car stopped. all very rich way.
thanks.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:16 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Hi.
...expect a new chip. but receive nothing. and Joshua not confirm the shipment...
You need to be patient, international shipments take time.
Chip was shipped on 12/29/15:

LZ959001164US
Old 01-11-2016, 04:47 PM
94427L
Intermediate

Hi.
Joshua thank you very much. Today came the chip.
I am not impatient just want the car running.
next weekend I try the new chip.
Here tell you the results.
Thanks again Joshua.
please send to my email, as I have to pay for shipping.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:32 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lee101315
Ive been having problems with my idle, cold start, and a surge while suddenly braking after WOT.

Prior to the new chip that was sent to us in the summer, it would idle at 1600 rpm when it got hot, and run super rich. The new chip corrected the running rich issue and brought the idle down to 1100 ( verified with a timing light, not the dash ).

The strange surge in power comes after I abruptly release the gas to brake. As soon as I begin braking, it accelerates on its own briefly which makes the car jerk.

Nothing on my car is old, and it doesn't leak oil or boost. I've been a mechanic for many years, and the idea of having a 'new' old car fascinates me. During the engine rebuild, I've replaced all rubber hoses, all vacuums, rebuilt the throttle, redid the entire electrical harness with all new wires and connectors, and replaced every single sensor. It's extremely frustrating to have these issues after all the time, money, and sweat I've put into it.

This problem is exacerbated with E85... I've been running it for a few months now. I dont remember what the cold start was like with 93 octane fuel, but it starts up awfully when its cold and the idle hunts for a 2-3 minutes. Poor E85 could be an issue, I'll report back after a full take of 93 oct fuel.

Originally Posted by jeffro951
Joshua,

I have been having similar issues mine will start up and go to 3k then slowly come down as it warms up then it is fine. once in closed loop it wants to lean out at idle. I unplugged the oxy sensor that brought the A/F down to a steady 14 and idle and goes to 12 on boost. I have taken out the ISV and set the idle once warm and the car starts fine with a idle around 800RPM and comes up to 1000RPM when warm. haven't had a chance to test drive the car this way but if it works out I'll be okay with as the car is not a daily driver. what are your thoughts? also have had a chance to look at the logs I sent you? they are baffling me I am down to the DME and or wiring. I have rebuilt my harness but thinking it could still be an issue. I attached the logs and welcome any comments. the car runs great and if I didn't have the logger I wouldn't suspect a problem.
Mine does the same slow idle drop at warm up from 3000 to idle (1200). Once warm the idle is around 880 and the slow drop goes away. I've also noticed the rev hickup on a idle drop or a decel coming to a stop usually around 1200 to 1400 rpm. I believe these issues have to do with the isv and how the software controls it. My isv is fairly new and was never an issue before the m tune conversion. This would also cause AFRs to be goofy until the isv stabilizes under these particular situations. I have my logger installed and working now so I can post a log of the start up slow drop situation. I believe once that issue is figured out the others will fixed as well.

....Also Josh is working with me through email on this idle isv issue. I have faith in this product and support of. .... It will get solved. New product, old cars. There's bound to be a few hickups to adjust.

Last edited by mahoney944; 01-11-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:06 PM
blade7
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Any update on this ?
Old 01-22-2016, 07:44 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blade7
Any update on this ?
Josh sent me some modified chips to try. I currently pulled my manifold off and am replacing my AOS, new tube and seals., isv was cleaned and checked, also I'm replacing my battery cables with new oem ones.. Once i have it all back together ill be testing the new chips. I'm trying to eliminate any faults on my cars end. So hopefully this freshing up makes a difference.

Quick Reply: LR M-Tune