Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

10 years ago...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 08:30 AM
blade7
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
In her? Nikasil bores, Wossner pistons and rods, stand alone EMS, solid lifters, list is long - consistent high 400+ whp/tq with ****ty California 91 pump and meth injection. Owner, Jeff, still brings her to our annual sports car trip to my place in Greer, AZ. Fast - well sorted 951.
Did you do put all that into the car 17 years ago George ? Sounds like the next owner bought a car with just about everything done.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:38 AM
blade7
Drifting

350 BPH 951 - flywheel? If so, in these cars easily done. My favorite past "HOT" 2.5 dyno sheet attached. This car drove better than the dyno chart. Stock injectors, stock cam, old school chips with MAF, downpipe only, etc. Very little lag with the K27/6 KKK factory stock turbo.

Notice the date of the dyno - back then, don't recall any cars accelerating faster once moving.
In the medium term I'm looking for something similar using an M-Tune or Vitesse MAF and an LR61-10. Then just run it hard until I get bored or it breaks
Old 04-20-2016, 10:32 AM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I took the Mrs. to the BMW dealer, and she loves the m4. She said I can buy one as long as she can drive it.

Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2016, 12:52 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by fiily
Well, I took the Mrs. to the BMW dealer, and she loves the m4. She said I can buy one as long as she can drive it.

Wow what a beauty...
Old 04-21-2016, 10:59 PM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car was a mess cause the guy who sold it to me did a crapp job of putting it together, if I would have gotten it from someone reputable or at least decent, I wouldn't have had to spend so much time here or money elsewhere.
Glad you have changed your tune, no pun intended, about David. You know maybe if you had not lost your patience with him and taken the car before it was done you might still have a fully functioning 951
Old 04-22-2016, 12:53 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by carlege
Glad you have changed your tune, no pun intended, about David. You know maybe if you had not lost your patience with him and taken the car before it was done you might still have a fully functioning 951
I didn't lose patience, it was over 2 years I waited, regardless, David and I made peace recently and we are in good graces, I had the car for a few years and enjoyed it, I have no regrets and everything happens for a reason, and I am happy with my new ride...
Old 04-23-2016, 12:00 AM
George D
Drifting

NO! He bought a 330whp 2.5. Close friends, when the OE 2.5 needed updating, Jeff decided to try and catch me.

G

Originally Posted by blade7
Did you do put all that into the car 17 years ago George ? Sounds like the next owner bought a car with just about everything done.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:04 AM
George D
Drifting

You'll love it - amazing performance.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:07 PM
blade7
Drifting

NO! He bought a 330whp 2.5. Close friends, when the OE 2.5 needed updating, Jeff decided to try and catch me.

G
Just 330 yet you still have a soft spot for that car .
Old 04-24-2016, 05:26 PM
George D
Drifting

These cars are underachievers - much faster then dyno charts/numbers. My sold blue 89 951 was very well sorted - very little lag and easy to drive. The head was ported/polished, stock cam, stock injectors, rising FPR, custom chips in the ECU, down pipe, K27/6 turbo, MAF, etc.

Dyno charts were impressive - 345WT by 3500rpm and just over 330whp around 6K. Back then, no one, even 911 Turbo's, friends Viper, etc. could catch me once rolling. She was also very reliable. Sold it to have a rear seat for the kids - E36 M3 Sedan replaced her, then other cars trying to replicate the 951's I've owned. A friend in LA called me to see if I wanted to buy his red 951. I'm not a fan of the color, but Mayzurk takes very good care of his cars, and was modding his killer 911TT, last air cooled model, along with his daily M5. Picked it up, and started spending way too much money on this final 951 I'll own. Very few I'll trust driving this car. There's a big difference between 345wt and 550wt in these cars. This car's deadly in inexperienced hands.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:42 AM
blade7
Drifting

A friend in LA called me to see if I wanted to buy his red 951. I'm not a fan of the color, but Mayzurk takes very good care of his cars, and was modding his killer 911TT, last air cooled model, along with his daily M5. Picked it up, and started spending way too much money on this final 951 I'll own.
Would you do it all over again today ?
Old 01-17-2017, 02:04 PM
jude26
6th Gear

Originally Posted by LFA951
Actually I sold it 4 years ago, it started misfiring after racing a Z and I took it to my mechanic and he said it had low compression of 25 lbs in #4, he said it was best to let her go, so I sold her to Mike Damiza up north who parted it out and also loved the wheels and kept them! Now I drive this...'08 Bmw 135i
Why did you stop taking it to Dave? Probably could have brought it back to life.
Which mechanic where you using since I see that you're still in the SFL area.

thanks.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:38 AM
dp951
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default David Promotion 10 years ago

[I]Quote:
Originally Posted by LFA951 View Post
Actually I sold it 4 years ago, it started misfiring after racing a Z and I took it to my mechanic and he said it had low compression of 25 lbs in #4, he said it was best to let her go, so I sold her to Mike Damiza up north who parted it out and also loved the wheels and kept them! Now I drive this...'08 Bmw 135i
Why did you stop taking it to Dave? Probably could have brought it back to life.
Which mechanic where you using since I see that you're still in the SFL area.

thanks

DAVID PAGAN PROMOTION 'S REPLY
Hello Mr. Jude , Luis Alva had a dream to own a 944 turbo but wasnt able to buy a turn key car at the time, thus we proposed I build as U pay type of budget . Thus the only car I had in his price range, was a car I had purchased for parts for $2800 , The 1986 came equipped with a lsd 220 option , koni yellows, front and rear , and factory wheels and a good base interior .
Mr Alva Purchase it from me for $3000 , Everything started out fine Luis and I became friends sharing the passion of sports cars , but things changed with the build, and latter turned sour.
On Luis cars I rebuilt and installed the engine , we removed and recovered the front seats and cleaned the interior . I work slow and through I'm never in a hurry to get a cars out the door so to speak to get paid , and Due to difference of opinions I asked Mr Alva to send a flat bed to remove his car.
The car was painted without my input or supervision which Im always parts of , The engines final assembly and tune was performed by a person that worked for Mr Alava
sadly the head gasket was blown 3 times finally leading to Mr Alva parting it out) .... Still to this day it think It would have been nice to finish Luis 's dream car. But such is life.

In the end its great that Luis got to enjoy his 944 and move into a newer car. .

Ive always taken pride in owning and rebuilding many Porsche cars and I enjoy the detail work and assembly ,thus I would consider my self more of a builder than a business man, money wasnt the reason why I fell in LUV with P cars .
Im not much of a Hugger either, if you get what i mean :non

Ill post some pics of a few of MY Builds [B]David Pagan[/B

ITS ALL IN THE DETAILS, LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO RUSH
Attached Images               

Last edited by dp951; 02-20-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:14 AM
dp951
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Promotion Built

Passion for The Water coolers what too do next , do we like the 944 / 968 v8 builds or do we stick with the 4 cyl Turbo ?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?
Attached Images        
Old 02-20-2017, 03:23 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Quite a lot has happened since you last posted around here DP. Many guys have put together interesting, powerful and reliable motors without resorting to the LS concept. I don't have a problem with the LS thing. I just don't like it personally but understand why people do it. To me it contradicts the essence of what these cars are about and they become something else. Fine for those that go that way, but they're not 944's anymore. As has been shown by some other members in here, it's easy and pretty affordable to make 400whp-500whp nowadays and that's plenty for a road car. Race motors are something else. Then everyone has to deal with heat, stress, load, reliability etc no matter what motor they start with.

Quick Reply: 10 years ago...