Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Horrible experience with Broadfoot racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 09:52 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimlam56
I recently had Albert Broadfoot go through my 1986 951 from front to back. I wasn't in a hurry as this is a play car for me, so time wasn't an issue. I was very happy with the communication and quality of workmanship. Texting is a way of life nowadays, and I have no issue with a vendor using it to keep me up to date on my project.
you my friend are very lucky. Play the lotto.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:19 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

They are refusing to send my my bin file that I paid for I can't make any adjustments to my Ems with out it ... Complete BS
Old 06-09-2016, 02:23 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

You're best off starting with a new tune, it sounds like it was more of a starting point than anything. Download the tuning software from elctromotive and post what hardware, bore x stroke, fuel type, injector size, and any other relevant details. There are tons of speed-density maps for modified 951s and you should be able to recreate a "starting point" easily with online advice. Or pay a tuner ~$500 to dial it in, that's what I was quoted at one point for a VE table and spark advance map. Everything else is tuning you do on the road versus the dyno for the most part.

edit: Or better yet, once you get the software (usually it's free) and are able to connect to the ECU, it should have a way to auto-tune your VE table. If you have knock detection sometimes you can also auto-tune that. Usually works reasonably well once you tell it target AFRs. Again tons of info posted online.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:25 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by odonnell
You're best off starting with a new tune, it sounds like it was more of a starting point than anything. Download the tuning software from Motec and post what hardware, bore x stroke, fuel type, injector size, and any other relevant details. There are tons of speed-density maps for modified 951s and you should be able to recreate a "starting point" easily with online advice. Or pay a tuner ~$500 to dial it in, that's what I was quoted at one point for a VE table and spark advance map. Everything else is tuning you do on the road versus the dyno for the most part.
I know I think I might have to go that route but then again I paid them around 1000 or more for it to be tuned and now I have to start over .. My pops has the same system so we were just going to work out some drivability issues ... Way it's looking I have to get a retune
Old 06-09-2016, 02:27 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Don't throw good money at bad in this case. The tune sounds like a hack job....do you really want to use it as a basis? You can blow a motor in a matter of seconds if it's not done right. $500 isn't s**t for this.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:30 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by odonnell
Don't throw good money at bad in this case. The tune sounds like a hack job....do you really want to use it as a basis? You can blow a motor in a matter of seconds if it's not done right. $500 isn't s**t for this.
The 1st tune was crap it got tuned a second time (different shop) and it just needs some tuning was tuned at a very good place ... I might just dyno it again anyways any places you guys know of in tristate New York
Old 06-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

I don't know how law is based in the states, but here selling something and not providing is called fraud. I don't know his side of the story but if you paid for bin file he has to provide it else go to police and file charges.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:56 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JBrown
The 1st tune was crap it got tuned a second time (different shop) and it just needs some tuning was tuned at a very good place ... I might just dyno it again anyways any places you guys know of in tristate New York
Marc Swanson at EFI Express in Lee, NH is the best tuner I know. Might be a bit of a haul for you, but he's a standalone guru. He is mostly an Audi guy, but has worked on pretty much everything including some 951's.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:43 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 490 Posts

Doesn't Chris White A) live in NY and B) know Electromotive really well?
Wasn't his build, but maybe he'd be willing to tune it for the right fee.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:03 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by V2Rocket
Doesn't Chris White A) live in NY and B) know Electromotive really well?
Wasn't his build, but maybe he'd be willing to tune it for the right fee.
I spoke to him Monday waiting to see when he can do it !!! Might need a back up plan I don't mind waiting for Chris tho !!!!
Old 06-09-2016, 06:10 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

start from new. your best route. I wouldn't trust those hard hats
Old 06-09-2016, 07:26 PM
EliteThink
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so sad.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:40 AM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Playing devils advocate
if you are suing him, why would he cooperate and send the bin file.... if that file can only be used against him in court?

Also if you are running lean as your fathers post above indicated why would you put the car on a dyno again (stated in post #36)
Old 06-10-2016, 11:03 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carlege
Playing devils advocate
if you are suing him, why would he cooperate and send the bin file.... if that file can only be used against him in court?

Also if you are running lean as your fathers post above indicated why would you put the car on a dyno again (stated in post #36)
Well I paid for my bin file so I should have it .... I'm going to get the car retuned anyways I just wanted to change my idle and do some drive ability tuning .. The tune is not a bad tune just some adjustment I would like to make while Just cruising .. Main issue I have is my oil leak and they never cleaned out my oil cooler that had a ton of crap in it (amateur move to not clean). And I would just like the money to pay a shop to fix the leaks and such .. I sent it back to him once already , 1st time was a nightmare. 2nd time is not so bad , but still an oil leak and some tuning adjustment (minor ) need to be made. I'm just unhappy about the whole experience and how they say my car is perfect and it is not .. Also a hard start I need to see what's up with it
Old 06-13-2016, 05:59 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a little confised.

Broadfoot tuned it a second time. and then you had it shipped to another company who modified the Broadfoot tune and then shipped it to you. Is that the correct order of steps?

Did you ever have the car with the second Broadfoot tune?
If the second shop retuned it, how do you know how the Broadfoot tune was actually running? You have the claims of the second shop but it is their tune that is running poorly.

Am I missing something here or do I have the details mixed up?

Quick Reply: Horrible experience with Broadfoot racing