Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

86 944 turbo - intermitant starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 10:11 AM
cruise98
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Make up a three way jumper. The next time you have a no start, remove the DME relay and install it. If the fuel pump runs, you will hear it. It is behind the passenger rear wheel. If it starts running, the new relay may be bad. If not, the pump is probably the issue, but you need to check the wiring.

Where are you measuring the battery voltage? I do not think the alternator is a suspect.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:42 AM
Joshua Fazekas
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cruise98
Make up a three way jumper. The next time you have a no start, remove the DME relay and install it. If the fuel pump runs, you will hear it. It is behind the passenger rear wheel. If it starts running, the new relay may be bad. If not, the pump is probably the issue, but you need to check the wiring. Where are you measuring the battery voltage? I do not think the alternator is a suspect.
Ok thank you i will give that a shot! I was measuring from the battery terminals. What the standing colts were and then when the car was idling and at 3k rpm. They barely jumped with each.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:52 PM
C ANDERSON
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the starter is turning the engine over, the alternator is not your problem,
Try cleaning the grounds at the rear of bell housing . Do the 3 wire jumper to bypass the DME relay .
Then if the fuel pump is running and it still does not start, look for ignition firing. cap , rotor , coil , coil wire etc.

Quick Reply: 86 944 turbo - intermitant starting issues