Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Super Clean 86 for sale, adult built and owned

Year: 1986
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 99426
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Red
VIN: WP0AA0956GN151292
Price (no $ sign please): $15000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Cassette

Beautiful 1986 944T with great original red paint. Paint, honest 8.75, would give it a 9 but road rash on mirrors. Very little rash up front, bra was used for road trips. Runs incredibly well, no dash cracks, no bolster rash. Starts and idles perfect even after being gone for my extended travel - reconnect battery and fires right up, idles perfect! It is firm ride, not bone jarring, and just incredible fun on the weekend. I was going to Porsche Palooza but had to work.

The Good - No cracked dash; dash was NEW 10 yrs ago in Porsche box. Seats were also done at the same time, no perforated inserts. New WX stripping too.
Everything works as it should - windows, sunroof, mirrors, wipers, rear wiper, A/C, heat, clock, cig lighter, cruise control. Still has original stereo and cassette separators in glove box. Has A/F ratio readout and plate in place of map pocket.

The bad - rear hatch remote release does not work. No tool kit or compressor - that's it. There is a little bit of rattle, either sunroof or rear hatch on rough roads.

New engine by JAB Racing (Jim and Bret*ski*) with less than 3k miles on it. This was the car and engine that was on VR website for a while when it was a 2.8L. Those from the 944 Turbo forum know Me. Engine block was sent to Duffin Engine in San Antonio for Alusil prep for 100.5 Mahle Ferroprint pistons (all of our previous engines or builds were done with Duffin). All new bearings and seals of course. LR II head with standard thickness Cometic gasket. New water pump and all belts, copper nuts on exhaust and turbo flanges. LR 2 pc crossover pipe, wrapped under oil pan for heat control. LR intercooler pipe, LR Fuel rail, KLA strut brace. Vitesse Racing Stage II complete kit with SMT6 in glove box, with KONI **** for front shocks. Laptop and CD come with the car. Speed force SS exhaust. LSD transaxle with cooler and short shift, purchased long time ago from Tony G. Spec pressure plate and cup car disc for clutch on build. Mille Miglia 17" turbo twist replicas. Shod with Goodyear F1 GS D3 tires. Tires are 60%. Car is on VR 1 oil, and runs extremely cool on temps; as mentioned new water pump, hoses, thermostats. The fans and the aux water pump work on proper cool down and timing to stop. Idles 14.5 - 14.7 and I would expect it to pass smog as Rhobs engine build did.

Suspension is full Koni, up front Koni insert struts with adjustment on top. Rear Koni coil over, torsion bar removed. Spring rate is 500 up front and 400 rear but need to confirm with Jason at Paragon honestly. 968 sway bars front and rear.

The car needs to be dyno'd, butt dyno between Blacky and the track car, setting at 16psi...300 hp and torque, maybe a little more, 310. After the motor was built the car sat while Jim had the 86 911 turbo motor completed at Pat Williams Racing in Memphis. I got it from Jim a couple of years ago and have just been playing with it, fixing little things: hatch pins, all new Stone Guards(you can't even see them), new rear bumperette, and repaired fuel gauge.

This is a reliable fun car that was built to drive. It handles well, performance is really nice at 16psi, and built by two guys who just like the platform. Car is dry as a bone underneath.

Title in the safe, no paint work from PO or me. offshore so blpskiATyahoodotcom

Last edited by Ski; 02-15-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:11 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 02-10-2017, 04:15 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 02-10-2017, 04:19 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 02-10-2017, 04:26 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Batwing is perfect, real 968 club sport steering wheel from Suncoast and yes, blinkers cancel and horn works. Comes with a primered front fiberglass splitter and new hardware for install. Front bra, mirror bras, and sunroof bag; original owners manual.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:14 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

and for you old timers...

To give a little confidence in my engine building skills, here are some other examples and a complete thread on a build.
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...ew-pics-3.html

My track car, 358hp, 362 torque. JAB Racing Sold in 2014, being prepped for Historic Racing now.

my street car from 1998 - 2009, still running, purchased by a Dr in 2009, Ft Lauderdale

Old 03-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sold, $20,100, Ebay and have deposit.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:17 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Congrats. Good prices for a nice car. Lol'd at thread title...
Old 03-04-2017, 10:21 PM
OzJustin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the sale. Very nice example and tastefully done.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Congrats. Good prices for a nice car. Lol'd at thread title...
LOL, you know kids, sometimes they rush things and don't get done as well as they should.

Quick Reply: Super Clean 86 for sale, adult built and owned