Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennlist member, why not.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Rennlist member, why not.......

I am thinking sometimes, why become not a Rennlist member??? I use the Rennlist site a lot, enjoying it very much, but why am I still no member....??

I met a couple of nice people in person because of Rennlist, Randall Granaas and his wife Eva Granaas, we're good friends now, I met Peter Lech from the 993 board, very nice guy, invited me on a gargage tour from the PCA Orange coast last September [Thanks again Pete!] Met FB Fisher from the 993 board, JW Hubbers and a lot of other nice Porsche People, but mention them all would be a too long list for now. Nice meeting you guys, very nice!

The answer is easy, Rennlist is mostly USA concentrated area, the things for evt. discount and so, is no part for me.

If I would become a member, it should be as a kind of sponsoring the guys behind the scene.

I am still thinking about the idea...... let's see........
Old 11-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Richard H
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I would become a member, it should be as a kind of sponsoring the guys behind the scene.
Exactly the reason why I became a member.

Richard.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:26 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Me too. It costs money to run the Forums. That money has to come from somewhere - our membership goes towards this.

It's obvious that most of us are not on the bread line as we manage to run expensive cars. Surely it's not much to pay for the helpful advice we get from Rennlist on perhaps saving us money on repairs etc.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Riccardo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arjan, I became a member just because I would like to ensure that Rennlist keeps on existing through the help of its users. Its such a valauble resource that it would be a shame to let it die.

Keep in mind that John D. is just a normal guy with a day job, he does Rennlist in his spare time and because of his passion.

Support Rennlist!
Old 11-24-2003, 03:01 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Two ways of looking at this.

Yes, I think people who use Rennlist a lot should join. John D. puts in an unimaginable amount of time and money for our benefit and we should give something back and show we appreciate it.

On the other hand (and I think John D. would agree), certain people should not feel obliged to do so... In your case, Arjan, you have already contributed an enormous amount to this forum. No one will mind if you don't make a monetary contribution also.

P.S. But you will, won't you?
Old 11-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Ok, ok.......... I just signed in!

Why not??
Old 11-24-2003, 04:26 PM
JoeW
Pro

To be a member, I think you have to have a Porsche, y'know. I appreciate the hospitality all of you show, but I'll be really excited to pay the "initiation fee"! Should be in a couple of months then watch out: you think I have too many questions now .... J
Old 11-24-2003, 05:57 PM
dove
Banned

Originally posted by JoeW
To be a member, I think you have to have a Porsche, y'know. I appreciate the hospitality all of you show, but I'll be really excited to pay the "initiation fee"! Should be in a couple of months then watch out: you think I have too many questions now .... J

I agree that all members should be Porsche owners,whats the point in being a member of rennlist if you dont own a Porsche? The great technical information that offered by people like Adrian and other members is little use if you dont actually own a Porsche,on the other hand rennlist is a good place for prospective owners like Joe to find out info about the car, so theres for's and against's for this argument.
Paul
C2 cab
Old 11-24-2003, 07:01 PM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

On the one hand, it's simple economics. Rennlist costs money to run, the more people who pay membership, the cheaper it can be per head.

On the other hand, it is good manners. Would you go into a pub/bar/coffee shop and not buy a drink? There's no rule that says you have to...

Ask yoursef this. If no-one paid membership, there'd be no Rennlist. Would you miss it?

(PS - well said John Boggiano!)
Old 11-25-2003, 10:37 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think one should have to own a Porsche to be a Rennlist member. I have a few friends that could be considered VERY knowledgable in the workings of a Porsche as they either owned one, or worked on them at one time in their career.

SO, let's not get the general opinion going that one should be a Porsche owner to be a member!

...we don't want to sway away any potential board "GURUS" ya know.

If I sell my 964, should I turn in my "Tech. Advisor" position?
Old 11-25-2003, 11:04 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, Jeff, now that Arjan's a member, your services are no longer required. We appreciate your many contributions and wish you well on your future endeavors.

Actually, Jeff, I've been wondering where you've been. Haven't seen much of you on the board lately. Hopefully all is well and the car's in good shape.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The car is spinning like a top, always has.

As for the suspension and my other "experiments" with physics and the likes - ARGH!!

FINALLY, I think I have a good solution to run with next year...will be trying a few minor changes over the Winter and hopefully come back with a SOLID winner.

I keep an eye on the boards quite often - just not able to reply sometimes, depending on how I'm accessing it, etc. You could imagine some of the posts I want to put my "two cents" into and can't - so I just try and remember when I get home to give a reply.

Slow days at work are my friend...and hopefully yours.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:40 AM
DGlenn
Racer

I would definitely agree that you don't have to own a car to be a member. I am currently in the process of trying to find a car. I have found this site extremely valuable as a tool to become an informed buyer. Because of that I decided to provide my donation to help ensure the site continues to operate once I do have a car.

Old 11-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

There is only one requirement to be a rennlist member in my mind. You want to support Rennlist. Being a car nut helps. Owning or not owning a Porsche is irrelevant.
I have always wanted to see a Rennlist modellers group. I had two GT-3RSs made to commerate our Natalie and LeMans last year. The work that went into making them perfect waslike rebuilding the real thing.
I agree with Jeff. If I get rid of my 964 does that mean I can no longer help 964 owners. I am writing a book on the 911SC but I do not actually own one. Does that make the content of my book less valuable.
Porsche enthusiasts, car nuts and those who wish to support Rennlist become members. I encourage all who read this to support John Dunkle and Rennlist and become a member. Remember also that there are BMW and Audi rennlist sites.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 11-25-2003, 12:52 PM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Hmmm, I paid yesterday....still no MEMBER banner above my aviator.....
Probably the wrong credit card, lets look af I have one that belongs to my self

Quick Reply: Rennlist member, why not.......