Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Isla - My 1991 C4 - Progression Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 04:51 PM
kricci
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

Well - still waiting on the parts to remove the rear wiper, but my Dansk G pipe arrived and i tackled that install - pretty straightforward and not very difficult at all. I was worried with a northern car and 29 years of age on it, but it was very manageable. I think from start to finish it may have taken 1.5 hours or so. If i were to do it again, i would likely use new exhaust clamps and bolts, but the oem were fine, just showing their age.

Here's the shiny new piece!

Here it is compared to the muffler it replaces. I would peg the weight difference at 10-12 lbs or so.

Sound wise, it is pretty much exactly what i wanted. It gives the car a bit more sound without being obtrusive. I haven't heard it from outside of the car, but no complaints thus far.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:35 PM
kricci
Instructor

This package arrived today.

Will be dropping these off for paint this weekend in hopes of installing in the next week or two...

Old 02-25-2018, 12:16 PM
kricci
Instructor

So after cleaning her up a bit i took the car to a local PCA concours event yesterday. I ended up third in the 964/993 division which I was very pleasantly surprised with. There are some really nice examples there, so to be in the top 3 was very cool. I am in the process of taking care of some of the issues identified and others i know need addressed as well. Nothing major, but little cosmetic things.

/\ not my picture, but found this that someone else took.

In addition, i received my mirrors back from paint. I had hoped to tackle that project today, however I'm missing the mirrors (didn't realize they were not included in the kit) and struggling to see exactly how they go together. I will keep reading and will likely tackle that in the coming weeks i suppose.

Fingers crossed that my new wheels/tires arrive this week - i think that is wishful thinking, but would be a nice surprise.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:30 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Congrats on the concours win! Hopefully the judges gave you the score sheets so you can see what areas need improving. Using that as your reference when prepping for the next show.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:18 PM
kricci
Instructor

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Congrats on the concours win! Hopefully the judges gave you the score sheets so you can see what areas need improving. Using that as your reference when prepping for the next show.
Thanks!!

Yep they did - a few things i was well aware of, and a few i was surprised at - but its obviously subjective and i have judged multiple events and know how that can be. I've already addressed all of the items they saw and will have a few they missed fixed whenever the next event comes around.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:52 PM
kricci
Instructor

So a part i had been waiting on for a month or so finally showed up so I removed the rear wiper and installed the anodized plug in its place this evening. Pretty simple job, took maybe 15-20 minutes or so... I will likely try to find a plug or something to install on the trip piece where the wiper arm came out of as well, but i can do that at some point in the future.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:24 AM
Jacke2c
Formerly turbotwoshoes
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't lose that wiper arm... price a new one and you will see why!!! Ouch....
Old 02-27-2018, 08:26 PM
kricci
Instructor

Originally Posted by turbotwoshoes
Don't lose that wiper arm... price a new one and you will see why!!! Ouch....
LOL - ouch indeed - that is a pretty penny for such a modern marvel of engineering... Porsche tax strikes again!

I keep all oem parts for all my cars, so that hopefully shouldn't be an issue.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:40 AM
cparkin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kricci
LOL - ouch indeed - that is a pretty penny for such a modern marvel of engineering... Porsche tax strikes again!

I keep all oem parts for all my cars, so that hopefully shouldn't be an issue.
What is a rough cost for the mirror conversion?
Old 03-02-2018, 01:37 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 369 Posts

Just reading this for the first time - great thread! The car looks to be in very good condition, and you've already done some great mods with the ducts, pedals, momo wheel and secondary exhaust delete. A girlfriend that likes old 911's, that;s a total win!
Old 03-02-2018, 11:12 PM
jeremycliff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking car, looking forward to following along! I've collected those same front brake duct pieces for my Guards Red 964 as well Can't wait to get this pile of stuff I've been sitting on installed.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:30 PM
kricci
Instructor

Originally Posted by cparkin
What is a rough cost for the mirror conversion?
It can be done much cheaper - but i opted for the new kit route - parts are about $900 (with mirror glass) + paint... too much for mirrors honestly, but really think they clean up the lines of the car.

Originally Posted by Foxman
Just reading this for the first time - great thread! The car looks to be in very good condition, and you've already done some great mods with the ducts, pedals, momo wheel and secondary exhaust delete. A girlfriend that likes old 911's, that;s a total win!
Thanks for reading! Ha i know right, she is a very tolerant and patient woman!

Originally Posted by jeremycliff
Great looking car, looking forward to following along! I've collected those same front brake duct pieces for my Guards Red 964 as well Can't wait to get this pile of stuff I've been sitting on installed.
Thanks! i really love the look of the ducts on the car, i am sure you will as well when you get your hoard installed!

Wheels have shipped and should arrive mid next week... now the wait begins!
Old 03-03-2018, 11:48 PM
kricci
Instructor

In today's incredibly stupid but insanely awesome mods... I received this from Joshy Robots and threw it on - this may be one of my favorite mods to the car

Old 03-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Poli84
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kricci
In today's incredibly stupid but insanely awesome mods... I received this from Joshy Robots and threw it on - this may be one of my favorite mods to the car
Excellent, I was wanting one of these too but didn't think they worked with the 964 as the 'bib' mounting was different to the earlier 911's. Glad to see it fits, will add it to the list!
Old 03-06-2018, 11:37 PM
kricci
Instructor

Originally Posted by Poli84
Excellent, I was wanting one of these too but didn't think they worked with the 964 as the 'bib' mounting was different to the earlier 911's. Glad to see it fits, will add it to the list!

So my new headlight lens arrived and I swapped that out this evening:

And the fun stuff too! New shoes! Rotiform STR's in 18's wrapped in Firestone Firehawk rubber 225/40 and 255/35

I need to see if i can dial in the suspension anymore as i would like to go a bit lower, if not, it is likely PSS10's for the suspension to get the proper setup i want. In addition, i will be picking up a new set of lugs and i would like to get the OEM center caps powder coated to match the wheels and keep a silver/black porsche logo. I test fit them and they do fit the wheels, but the color is not correct:

Proper pictures coming soon when i have time to clean the car up and dial it in correctly.

Quick Reply: Isla - My 1991 C4 - Progression Thread