Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beverly Hills Car Club???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 08:53 PM
Noah930
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts

Anytime you ask straightforward questions about an item, and the seller gives you useless answers, either the seller's an idiot and has no idea what he's talking about, or he's being dishonest/disinguineous. Seeing as how this guy sells these cars for a living, I'll let you form your own opinion on which of those is the likely answer.
The following users liked this post:
Tarek307 (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 02:02 AM
RyanH.
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 160 Posts

I've been there in person, when I first started looking. They have a pretty large inventory and it's run by minimal staff. I walked around the warehouse for about an hour or two without anyone coming up to me. The cars are in various states of disrepair and they couldn't answer any questions about the car other than what their bare minimum inspection saw. Treat the place as carrying inventory of truly unknown origin and buy like so.

​​​​​​

​​​​
BLACK3.2 (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 05:10 AM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

They used to be near 90210 but moved long ago, in 1984 I actually bought a fantastic 84 ROW 3.2 in special order deep eggplant metallic, navy interior with sport seats. I knew nothing and was very lucky, according to my indie at the time. Redline of Santa Monica, that was the fastest smoothest 3.2 they serviced. Good to deal with and all paperwork in order, I left happy, wish I still had that car.
But they are a jack of all trades and master of none, and most curiously, they aren't car guys; could be selling wall art or plumbing supplies. I have been over to look at a few cars for friends and it is just confusing, in a city devoted to the automobile, why they don't do the bare minimum to clean up a car for sale, most aren't even clean. If you call a linen interior "creme", can't straighten a smile, you are not grasping some of the basics. A refurb on the twists and a full detail wold have cost about $500 wholesale and made a huge difference to the photos.
So they know very little and the cars are rough, the question then becomes: where did the car come from? If you can get some history and possibly some records you might get a better insight. To me, the gaps look good, if the Carfax is clean and you can live with the color combo you might pursue it further. But I wouldn't take anything they tell you seriously and at that mileage, you need to knock them down on price and save your pennies for the upcoming reseal/rebuild.
(I have no earthly idea what those 2 black rubber plugs are on the rear of the car)
Old 01-25-2020, 06:13 AM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I think there was a basket handle brake light there in the past.

Pic taken from another thread for reference:

Original thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ld-thread.html
Old 01-26-2020, 08:21 PM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts

Alex the owner is a scumbag
Old 01-27-2020, 01:29 AM
revolution993
Three Wheelin'

Received 99 Likes on 66 Posts

Keith you should of kept your 964..
Old 01-27-2020, 01:32 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm surprised that dealer just didn't respond with "because race car" for all questions asked.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:08 AM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Navaros911
I think there was a basket handle brake light there in the past.

Pic taken from another thread for reference:

Original thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ld-thread.html
When you see it.......DUH.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:48 AM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 2qwik4u
Alex the owner is a scumbag
I don't like scumbags.

Originally Posted by revolution993
Keith you should of kept your 964..
I want a project. My C4 was nice and I didn't want to mess that up.

Originally Posted by MarcusG
I'm surprised that dealer just didn't respond with "because race car" for all questions asked.
lol
Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
When you see it.......DUH.
omg... It makes sense now! lol
Old 01-28-2020, 06:05 AM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

This thread cracks me up... I keep coming back for a laugh
Old 02-01-2020, 09:53 AM
ShootingStar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I got my 964, they had one in the combo I wanted. C2, black leather, and black.

I didn't care about miles or condition because I was/am planning a lengthy building phase.

Had a friend go check on it. He texts me "At BHCC, going to look at the prospect in a few".

Five minutes later.

"Hey, what's that code word you use for not liking something and you want to get out of the spot immediately?"

'Pineapples'.

"MOTHER****ING PINEAPPLES"

Short of it after that, tub damage.

Old 02-05-2020, 01:49 PM
Pwngo21
2nd Gear

Funny to see this. But it is true. These guys do not know their stuff. But i did recently picked up a blk/tan 964 C4. I basically did my own research. Lucky enough the carfax report directed me to the shop that did maintenance on the vehicle. From there i was able to obtain a full service report. My mindset prior to walking into BHCC was that I am looking for a project car that fits my budget. Car had some rust, battery holder was shot, etc. Test drove the car, was a bit rough, but was able to get the price down to 36k, which to me gives me some extra funds to get the vehicle up to speed.

Their main goal is just to pick up cars wherever it is available and just turn them around without marking them up too much. Don't expect too much from them.
911Jetta (02-05-2020)
Old 02-05-2020, 03:30 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwngo21
Funny to see this. But it is true. These guys do not know their stuff. But i did recently picked up a blk/tan 964 C4. I basically did my own research. Lucky enough the carfax report directed me to the shop that did maintenance on the vehicle. From there i was able to obtain a full service report. My mindset prior to walking into BHCC was that I am looking for a project car that fits my budget. Car had some rust, battery holder was shot, etc. Test drove the car, was a bit rough, but was able to get the price down to 36k, which to me gives me some extra funds to get the vehicle up to speed.

Their main goal is just to pick up cars wherever it is available and just turn them around without marking them up too much. Don't expect too much from them.
Believe your car was mentioned in the 964 FS thread asking $39K. Bills are going to add up fast
Old 02-05-2020, 03:52 PM
Pwngo21
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by chsu74
Believe your car was mentioned in the 964 FS thread asking $39K. Bills are going to add up fast
Yeah I would expect some work to be done. This will be a long term build. Maintenance work will be managed by myself. Just some larger task I will work with a local mechanics. Any chance you can direct me to the post? Would be nice to know if someone had some history. Some major service work was done on the car based on service reports less than 4k miles ago.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:23 PM
mardusj
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Apologies for refreshing an old thread, but as a newbie in the air cooled world I'd appreciate fellow rennlisters' thoughts on this car (see link below). I am a new local in LA and have recently acquired a 993 NB, but I am really weak for them wide butts and have come across this one - considering a trade-in. With the prices of C2S/C4S's skyrocketing in recent months, this one seems suspiciously cheap. Setting aside all negative comments about BHCC, what are yall thoughts on this modified 993?

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/...pe-c-12260.htm

Quick Reply: Beverly Hills Car Club???