Sponsored by:

Whats A Good Leather Seat Conditioner?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 10:52 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sire
@silvertarga, I'm, curious how do you aply and wich conditioner do you take.
I use a small paint brush to apply and let it soak in, then usually rub it into the leather by hand, it is the treatment and softens stiff leather better than anything (even baby oil which my upholsterer swears by)

Does not leave a "too much product" shine..
Old 12-07-2020, 11:10 PM
Deserion
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Also a fan of Obenauf’s.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:36 AM
cobracarrera
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Surflex by Color plus

Yes. I was looking at the Soffener on their website. I remember someone else using this and telling me how well it worked and showed me their car when I was still in the NNJPCA and was at a car show in Princeton area.

There are a lot of great recommendations on this web site. Obenaufs seems like a good product as well. I am leaning at getting both of these. I guess I can use both for the living room leather recliners as well when needed.

Old 12-08-2020, 11:55 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,390 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
Simple Green gets the crud off and leaves a nice matt factory look.
Wow, that's an aggressive approach.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:04 PM
cobracarrera
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
Simple Green gets the crud off and leaves a nice matt factory look. Then any of the above "foods" like leatherique or Zaino, let them sink in then buff with a towel, not microfibre. The Simple Green smell dissipates after 3 days.
Correct. I did use a very small amount of Simple Green to clean and it worked great. Thankfully my seats were / are not filthy. After I allowed to dry a day later I applied Lexol and it just seemed to not look like I applied anything. Kinda looking for the WOW factor like what Color Plus Soffener of Obenauf provides.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:23 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by cobracarrera
Correct. I did use a very small amount of Simple Green to clean and it worked great. Thankfully my seats were / are not filthy. After I allowed to dry a day later I applied Lexol and it just seemed to not look like I applied anything. Kinda looking for the WOW factor like what Color Plus Soffener of Obenauf provides.
I got this from the BMW M3 board, they have major seat issues. I tried it on the M3 first and was amazed. Porsche too, looks like a factory seat: matt, consistent and color is vibrant. Lexol or Zaino after leaves a nice look once it seeps in. Non gloss, grippy, and, in my case, a cobalt blue, really pops. Supple, some cracks are gone. Simple Green smells like crap for a few days but the German leather smells comes back stronger than before.
Old 12-12-2020, 03:10 PM
jimmy zee
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used Leatherique since it first came out many moons ago. It has significantly less h2o in it's composition than store bought products. I have used it successfully on English, German, and Italian sports cars. It's a great ptoduct!
The following users liked this post:
9SIX4-C4 (12-13-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 06:18 PM
SR20Fastback
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 87 Posts

Usually leatherique or ammo depending on what bottle is not empty.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:24 PM
JParanee
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 88 Posts

Bic 4 by bickmore

makes you’re hands even feel better
Old 12-14-2020, 12:00 PM
9SIX4-C4
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 102 Posts

I got inspired by these comments and posts. I bought the Leatherique Rejuvenator and Prestine Clean. Based on what I have read so far, I may not need the Rejuvenator UNLESS the leather is in really bad shape?

I plan to use the Prestine Clean first, and if really needed, will do the Rejuvenator in the Spring (I understood we need to keep it there and "bake" it).

Old 12-14-2020, 12:19 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by 9SIX4-C4
I got inspired by these comments and posts. I bought the Leatherique Rejuvenator and Prestine Clean. Based on what I have read so far, I may not need the Rejuvenator UNLESS the leather is in really bad shape?

I plan to use the Prestine Clean first, and if really needed, will do the Rejuvenator in the Spring (I understood we need to keep it there and "bake" it).
I would recommend doing both. Pick a nice, hot day and leave the Rejuvenator soak in with the windows up for a day. You can then maintain with the Prestine clean. That's what I would do.

Mr. Wolfe
9SIX4-C4 (12-20-2020)
Old 12-14-2020, 12:40 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by 9SIX4-C4

Post up some pictures of your seats, having multiple sets of eyes can confirm if you need both or just one. I have never used Rejuvenator on my Spyder, it just doesn’t need it but I’ve found it very helpful on the 964.
9SIX4-C4 (12-20-2020)
Old 12-19-2020, 06:27 AM
tgil
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I purchased Voodoo Blend from Walmart years ago at recommendation of Wes Monteith, a known 356/911 restorer in Lebanon, PA. Its the best product Ive ever used and is suitable for the non leather surfaces on dash and door cards as well. Its a thicker liquid creamy type product that you apply with your hands or cloth. Ive used it on factory sport seats on a 1980 Weissach and two other air-cooled 911s, and currently using it on my 91 Coupe.

Good luck.
9SIX4-C4 (12-20-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 01:26 AM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Leatherique and if it’s not particularly hot outside these days, use it with a steam cleaner. Great results.
Old 12-20-2020, 08:13 PM
9SIX4-C4
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Wolfe
I would recommend doing both. Pick a nice, hot day and leave the Rejuvenator soak in with the windows up for a day. You can then maintain with the Prestine clean. That's what I would do.

Mr. Wolfe
thanks!

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Post up some pictures of your seats, having multiple sets of eyes can confirm if you need both or just one. I have never used Rejuvenator on my Spyder, it just doesn’t need it but I’ve found it very helpful on the 964.
let me take some photos tomorrow, and attach it here. Thanks!

my other car (997TT) have some leather scratches, is there a diff process to remove/restore them? The color is natural grey and the scratches show.

Quick Reply: Whats A Good Leather Seat Conditioner?