Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Antigravity Battery - DOA

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 09:29 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 367 Posts

Disappointing that Antigravity spends so much time and energy promoting their batteries, but has no resources for customer service.

Sending a dead battery sucks, but failing to quickly remedy the problem is inexcusable. COVID included.

I just passed the three year anniversary on my Voltphreaks batteries. No issues whatsoever, running in both my 993 and 964.
The following users liked this post:
Spyerx (03-24-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 10:01 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Dang Rennlisters... time for a reset!

Remember what we’re all going through (together) right now is not normal and some of use are being affected at different levels. This too will be resolved and let’s move on without piling it on and suggesting other batteries, etc.

For every bad thing there we’re probably 10x as many good things that happened through AG. People don’t usually take to time to post those stories... Like when unprompted they sent a couple of us free battery monitors just to ensure these batteries were actually compatible for our application.

Okay, the dead battery/return issue sucks, but once this is straightened out you are going to love the battery. Have them throw in a free monitor or something for your hassle and then enjoy that 5 lb battery.

Have had it in two 964s, for almost 4 years. Jumps to life, have a charge monitor and the reassurance of a jump start button (that I’ve never had to use).

Can’t wait to hear your impressions once installed. How are you going to mount the tiny thing?

Last edited by 911Jetta; 03-23-2021 at 10:05 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 911Jetta:
BLACK3.2 (03-23-2021), BlueShell (07-15-2021), F1SML8R (07-13-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 11:40 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Dang Rennlisters... time for a reset!

Remember what we’re all going through (together) right now is not normal and some of use are being affected at different levels. This too will be resolved and let’s move on without piling it on and suggesting other batteries, etc.

For every bad thing there we’re probably 10x as many good things that happened through AG. People don’t usually take to time to post those stories... Like when unprompted they sent a couple of us free battery monitors just to ensure these batteries were actually compatible for our application.

Okay, the dead battery/return issue sucks, but once this is straightened out you are going to love the battery. Have them throw in a free monitor or something for your hassle and then enjoy that 5 lb battery.

Have had it in two 964s, for almost 4 years. Jumps to life, have a charge monitor and the reassurance of a jump start button (that I’ve never had to use).

Can’t wait to hear your impressions once installed. How are you going to mount the tiny thing?
Appreciate the comments, thanks!

F1SML8R (07-13-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 12:40 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Foxman
Disappointing that Antigravity spends so much time and energy promoting their batteries, but has no resources for customer service.

Sending a dead battery sucks, but failing to quickly remedy the problem is inexcusable. COVID included.
Really, is that your position on Covid? Well I have just the promotional video for you!

Old 03-24-2021, 11:45 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Really, is that your position on Covid? Well I have just the promotional video for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_rw_qstFdE
Hi,

Has the OP's issue been satisfied? Although this pandemic has altered timelines, this is not March 2020 where most of the world was unsure of how this virus would play out; waiting four months for a faulty battery to be replaced after the problem was disclosed in November 2020 is not acceptable. If there is another side to this story, please let me know.

Otherwise, I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to go to the warehouse by the end of the week, pack up a battery, generate a shipping label and have UPS or FedEx pick up the battery so it can be delivered to the OP.

Please let me know if you find this request to be untenable.

Thank you.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:54 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Spot on. The Covid excuse for everything is becoming rather tiresome.

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to go to the warehouse by the end of the week, pack up a battery, generate a shipping label and have UPS or FedEx pick up the battery so it can be delivered to the OP.
This.

Andreas
Old 03-24-2021, 12:04 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Hi,

Has the OP's issue been satisfied? Although this pandemic has altered timelines, this is not March 2020 where most of the world was unsure of how this virus would play out; waiting four months for a faulty battery to be replaced after the problem was disclosed in November 2020 is not acceptable. If there is another side to this story, please let me know.

Otherwise, I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to go to the warehouse by the end of the week, pack up a battery, generate a shipping label and have UPS or FedEx pick up the battery so it can be delivered to the OP.

Please let me know if you find this request to be untenable.

Thank you.
Hi Mark, just to clarify, the bad battery was received by us in January, unfortunately we, as well as other manufactures have been dealing with supply/demand issues on some of our models. This was a case of the battery being on backorder, and lead times being pushed back multiple occasions due to delays in receiving. Again, very unfortunate and our apologies were expressed directly to the end user and the replacement is now in route to them.
Best regards,
Chad
Old 03-24-2021, 03:09 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,061 Posts

I'm tired of the COVID excuses too.

But... the ramp up in production HAS caused major supply chain issues across multiple industries. Especially in semiconductors. This is also exaggerated by shipping issues. I'll share a few things:

My wife runs supply chain for a major electronics manufacture. They have millions of $ in inventory sitting outside the port of LA waiting to enter. sometimes ships are sitting for near a month. They have factories in Indonesia and Philippines (they do not manufacture in China, but, many supplies come from there) and also US distribution that is still being disrupted by COVID issues. In the last 3mo they had nearly 100m in inventory fall into the ocean on the way to the US. You may have read about some of those container ship problems... they normally lose 1 or 2 containers a year, not dozens.... its not an excuse but just a reality of the current backlog of shipping and distribution.

So the right thing to do here is AG offers the customer a choice: refund money or a battery with a firm delivery date. Stop leaving the customer hanging.

Old 03-24-2021, 05:02 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Hi Mark, just to clarify, the bad battery was received by us in January, unfortunately we, as well as other manufactures have been dealing with supply/demand issues on some of our models. This was a case of the battery being on backorder, and lead times being pushed back multiple occasions due to delays in receiving. Again, very unfortunate and our apologies were expressed directly to the end user and the replacement is now in route to them.
Best regards,
Chad
Chad,

Thanks for the reply. As Spyerx mentions, it's probably ideal to at least offer the customer the option of a full refund if the battery is going to take forever to arrive. Not sure if that was the case here.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:36 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This is Scott owner of Antigravity. We have been a sponsor on Rennlist and posting for over 3 years, and we have also been posting for years that anyone who doesn't like or product or is not fully satisfied can come back to us and get a refund. We have stated that in tons of threads. Even if you don't like the way the product looks you can return it for a full refund including Antigravity paying shipping back. That is called AWESOME Customer Service. That is standing behind our product 100% and 100% of the time. And in fact we offer that for EVERYONE all the time, and offered that to the two people who complained in this thread.

From my perspective and reading some comments this thread has gotten is just silly at this point. Some saying we should offer refunds, which is what we did already and is always the Case. People are writing and not understanding the issues were resolved already, some saying we are making excuses due to Covid. Some of you post opinions without knowing the details because you don't have them. But this is a forum and this is what we are exposed to when being a Sponsor or promoting a product. But in no way does this represent who we are as a company overall. We said we made a mistake due to a back order and explained that to the Customer. Ok so that's done. We made a mistake. We admitted it we corrected it. Done....

Now for those saying we are making Covid excuses.... none of this is excuses whatsoever. They are facts. We are under restrictions, we did have Back Orders. So do many of the Companies in the Automotive Aftermarket because of the same reasons I have stated. We actually had most our stock in the warehouse but some pieces were delayed.

Last, if you interested in Antigravity product just go review other posts.... see how we have been educating the members of Rennlist, being honest about the products and the benefits and limitations. We are the #1 Lithium Motorsports Batteries in the country, we are in more Porsches than any other lithium battery, in fact we are in more Motorcycle and Powersports Vehicles and Cars of all types then any other brand. And it because our products work great, and offer the most innovative technology and best full refund policy and best pricing in most circumstances. That is who we are. If you choose not to look at our products that is fine, there are several other companies to look at Braille, VoltPhreaks, EarthX, Lithium Pros.

tigerhonaker (10-28-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 10:18 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

This is Scott owner of Antigravity. We have been a sponsor on Rennlist and posting for over 3 years, and we have also been posting for years that anyone who doesn't like or product or is not fully satisfied can come back to us and get a refund. We have stated that in tons of threads. Even if you don't like the way the product looks you can return it for a full refund including Antigravity paying shipping back. That is called AWESOME Customer Service. That is standing behind our product 100% and 100% of the time. And in fact we offer that for EVERYONE all the time, and offered that to the two people who complained in this thread.

From my perspective and reading some comments this thread has gotten is just silly at this point. Some saying we should offer refunds, which is what we did already and is always the Case. People are writing and not understanding the issues were resolved already, some saying we are making excuses due to Covid. Some of you post opinions without knowing the details because you don't have them. But this is a forum and this is what we are exposed to when being a Sponsor or promoting a product. But in no way does this represent who we are as a company overall. We said we made a mistake due to a back order and explained that to the Customer. Ok so that's done. We made a mistake. We admitted it we corrected it. Done....

Now for those saying we are making Covid excuses.... none of this is excuses whatsoever. They are facts. We are under restrictions, we did have Back Orders. So do many of the Companies in the Automotive Aftermarket because of the same reasons I have stated. We actually had most our stock in the warehouse but some pieces were delayed.

Last, if you interested in Antigravity product just go review other posts.... see how we have been educating the members of Rennlist, being honest about the products and the benefits and limitations. We are the #1 Lithium Motorsports Batteries in the country, we are in more Porsches than any other lithium battery, in fact we are in more Motorcycle and Powersports Vehicles and Cars of all types then any other brand. And it because our products work great, and offer the most innovative technology and best full refund policy and best pricing in most circumstances. That is who we are. If you choose not to look at our products that is fine, there are several other companies to look at Braille, VoltPhreaks, EarthX, Lithium Pros.

Good to see the owner step up here. Clearly there was a failure to communicate with the OP here. The OP's frustration boiled over into this thread for a second time, after receiving no satisfaction from Antigravity.

Perhaps the problem here is a lack of transparency. Your website states that "During COVID we are open and shipping normally". This does not jibe with your post, or the OP's experience. Strike one.

Standing by your product 100%, 100% of the time is also misleading. Your http://Powersports Battery Warranty is a prorated 3 year warranty with only 50% coverage after 15 months, with a host of exclusions. The web is replete with
customer complaints customer complaints
from denied claims for over-discharged batteries. Strike two.

Antigravity also falsely laid claim to manufacturing products in the US after outsourcing production overseas. This might explain why you're now in this predicament. Strike three...

I note that customer service is one of your core values - honesty and forthrightness may also be of benefit, and woud avoid several of these messes

paulkromz (05-11-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 09:36 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

LOL. Someone has to pay for his 991.2 GT3RS.

Last edited by chsu74; 03-25-2021 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-25-2021, 01:44 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Andreas

Last edited by AOW162435; 03-29-2021 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-25-2021, 04:18 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Good to see the owner step up here. Clearly there was a failure to communicate with the OP here. The OP's frustration boiled over into this thread for a second time, after receiving no satisfaction from Antigravity.

Perhaps the problem here is a lack of transparency. Your website states that "During COVID we are open and shipping normally". This does not jibe with your post, or the OP's experience. Strike one.

Standing by your product 100%, 100% of the time is also misleading. Your http://Powersports Battery Warranty is a prorated 3 year warranty with only 50% coverage after 15 months, with a host of exclusions. The web is replete with customer complaints from denied claims for over-discharged batteries. Strike two.

Antigravity also falsely laid claim to manufacturing products in the US after outsourcing production overseas. This might explain why you're now in this predicament. Strike three...

I note that customer service is one of your core values - honesty and forthrightness may also be of benefit, and woud avoid several of these messes
Thanks Foxman, this gives me a chance to clear the air from a lot of mis-information you are posting. Unfortunately, now that you are Trolling us and promoting misleading and inaccurate information I'm stuck having to respond with the ACTUAL FACTS. Maybe try responding and saying how bad our products/service are AFTER you have actually used our products and dealt with Antigravity Batteries. Secondly your statement are not based in facts, and attempt to create a false Narrative. That is Trolling Foxman. My post below disprove all of you statement with ACTUAL FACTS. If you persist in posting mis-information I will bring in the Moderators and allow them to decide what to do. This has gone beyond reasonable and you have wasted my morning by posting non-relative, non- factual information.

In response to your mis-information regarding our Warranty...

1a) Our Powersports Batteries ARE INDEED Prorated for a 3 year warranty, but what you conveniently didn't mention is that our warranty exceeds most other Lithium Batteries companies and Lead/Acid battery companies in our Industry. You also conveniently didn't mention that those "several exclusions" are the same exclusions that most every Battery Company has in their Warranties for things such as for mis-use, over-discharge, over charging, installing the incorrect battery and so on. Anyone can verify this by looking at the Battery Manufacturers Warranties. For example please look at this Odyssey Battery Warranty Snip I post below, it is the same exclusions that you point out as some negative from Antigravity, yet they post the same exclusions. These are standard in our industry and Battery Warranties. So please stop with the mis-information and smear attempts.

1b) Another aspect you deliberately mis-informed on is that you are quoting our Powersports Batteries Warranties... when in fact our Automotive Batteries, that we expect to be used in Porsche Cars, have a 5 YEAR prorated Warranty. Not the 3 years the our Motorcycle/Powersports Batteries have. We are promoting our Automotive Batteries on Rennlist mainly. That is what should actually be used in Automobiles due to their higher Amps Hour requirement. Some choose to use the Powersports Batteries, but we do not control what people use and we try to recommend our Automotive Batteries since they are the actual correct use.

In response to your mis-information saying we have complaints about our products and we have denied warranties.....

2a)- You posted this Amazon link with a statement that we have complaints about denying Warranties.
Amazon Amazon

BUT AGAIN, you neglected to CORRECTLY STATE that this particular Battery that you LINK to is our Racing Battery that DOES NOT have the Battery Management System of our RE-START Batteries, and that is a Battery we have NEVER promoted on RENNLIST! In Fact this Battery is ONLY SOLD with a WARNING LABLE right on the battery when you open the Box saying NOT to over Discharge this Battery. So this Battery you linked to is our AG-1201 SMALL CASE MODEL. It DOES NOT have the BMS Protections from Over-Discharge and Over-Charge that our RE-START Batteries that we promote on Rennlist have, and as I said this battery comes with a Warning sticker on it so when you open the box we are YELLING at the Customer to make sure you follow some rules with this Battery.

2b) YES we have denied warranty claims on this type of un-protected battery. It is a specific Battery for Race use only, or use in vehicles with NO parasitic drains, we do not recommend this battery for Cars since it has no protections like our newer RE-START Batteries do. It is stated on our website and on the battery it does not have a BMS. So if a Customer does let it over discharge that is NOT Antigravity's fault, nor a manufacturing defect. So AGAIN your claims are trying to muddy the water with mis-information to portray Antigravity Batteries in a negative light.

2c) Last, we sell thousands of batteries a MONTH... that is a lot of Batteries... yes in fact we can have complaints... but they are in the .02% range... and that is crazy good... so sure you can scour the internet to find complaints about us... but you can do the same for any company and Porsche as well. But if you have the facts and portray them accurately you would see how well we do.

In response to your UTTERLY inaccurate claim of Antigravity "falsely laying claim to making products in the USA."

3a) Foxman... AGAIN you do not have the FACTS yet you are making completely INACCURATE statements about our Company, and again I have to correct you.

3b) This complaint was due to a competitor stating we inccorectly used the MADE IN AMERICA designation on our products..... The FTC came to us to investigate this... we showed them that we had recently switched over to a new Retail Box without that claim of Made in the USA after we moved to the Battery Cell construction to China since there was no more Battery Cell manufacturers in the USA with the newer Cell Chemistry we needed. So in fact it was an Investigation that was all.... We showed the FTC the new Boxes and batteries that we had in stock, and informed them we still had stock of our original Made in the USA models at our Distributor and it would take a few months for those to be sold. The FTC said OK ,CASE CLOSED. See my images below.

3c) Last that site that you posted the link to has our Lawyer on them for a few reasons.... for ONE this was an investigation that is not longer relevant and cleared, secondly it NEVER involved our Auto Battery yet they show a picture of the Auto Battery, It ONLY was in regards to the SMALL CASE RACE BATTERY which is the ONLY Battery we did make in the USA. The issue was completely resolved in 2019 with a Letter from the FTC which I posted below.

-------------------------------------

FOXMAN.... you are trolling us. Great Job, your a Troll ! You have posted inaccurate non-factual information with no knowledge of the actual facts and intent to create a false and negative bias toward our company. I have disproven your claims on every level. I am asking you to STOP THIS immediately or I will bring the moderators in. When you have actually owned our products, and dealt our warranty or Customer Service reps I would be glad to hear you out. Until then please stop Trolling and posting without the facts.
tigerhonaker (10-28-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 07:01 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

The best defense is a good offense.

You could have simply fallen on your sword, and acknowledged that your website is inconsistent with your claims of COVID delays, and that you do not really stand by your product 100%,100% of the time. Call it mere puffing.

You could also simply acknowledge, as you did with the FTC, that you mislabeled some of your overseas products as Made in the USA. Stuff happens.

Instead, you try to malign me as a Troll (no less than six times), and threaten to call in the moderators.

Thankfully the cancel culture hasn't yet found its way into Rennlist, and we are still free here to respectfully exchange points of view and call out B.S when we see it.

Quick Reply: New Antigravity Battery - DOA