Sponsored by:

New Antigravity Battery - DOA

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 12:38 AM
BLACK3.2
Pro

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Thanks Foxman, this gives me a chance to clear the air from a lot of mis-information you are posting. Unfortunately, now that you are Trolling us and promoting misleading and inaccurate information I'm stuck having to respond with the ACTUAL FACTS. Maybe try responding and saying how bad our products/service are AFTER you have actually used our products and dealt with Antigravity Batteries. Secondly your statement are not based in facts, and attempt to create a false Narrative. That is Trolling Foxman. My post below disprove all of you statement with ACTUAL FACTS. If you persist in posting mis-information I will bring in the Moderators and allow them to decide what to do. This has gone beyond reasonable and you have wasted my morning by posting non-relative, non- factual information.

In response to your mis-information regarding our Warranty...

1a) Our Powersports Batteries ARE INDEED Prorated for a 3 year warranty, but what you conveniently didn't mention is that our warranty exceeds most other Lithium Batteries companies and Lead/Acid battery companies in our Industry. You also conveniently didn't mention that those "several exclusions" are the same exclusions that most every Battery Company has in their Warranties for things such as for mis-use, over-discharge, over charging, installing the incorrect battery and so on. Anyone can verify this by looking at the Battery Manufacturers Warranties. For example please look at this Odyssey Battery Warranty Snip I post below, it is the same exclusions that you point out as some negative from Antigravity, yet they post the same exclusions. These are standard in our industry and Battery Warranties. So please stop with the mis-information and smear attempts.

1b) Another aspect you deliberately mis-informed on is that you are quoting our Powersports Batteries Warranties... when in fact our Automotive Batteries, that we expect to be used in Porsche Cars, have a 5 YEAR prorated Warranty. Not the 3 years the our Motorcycle/Powersports Batteries have. We are promoting our Automotive Batteries on Rennlist mainly. That is what should actually be used in Automobiles due to their higher Amps Hour requirement. Some choose to use the Powersports Batteries, but we do not control what people use and we try to recommend our Automotive Batteries since they are the actual correct use.

In response to your mis-information saying we have complaints about our products and we have denied warranties.....

2a)- You posted this Amazon link with a statement that we have complaints about denying Warranties. https://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-B...l&pageNumber=1
BUT AGAIN, you neglected to CORRECTLY STATE that this particular Battery that you LINK to is our Racing Battery that DOES NOT have the Battery Management System of our RE-START Batteries, and that is a Battery we have NEVER promoted on RENNLIST! In Fact this Battery is ONLY SOLD with a WARNING LABLE right on the battery when you open the Box saying NOT to over Discharge this Battery. So this Battery you linked to is our AG-1201 SMALL CASE MODEL. It DOES NOT have the BMS Protections from Over-Discharge and Over-Charge that our RE-START Batteries that we promote on Rennlist have, and as I said this battery comes with a Warning sticker on it so when you open the box we are YELLING at the Customer to make sure you follow some rules with this Battery.

2b) YES we have denied warranty claims on this type of un-protected battery. It is a specific Battery for Race use only, or use in vehicles with NO parasitic drains, we do not recommend this battery for Cars since it has no protections like our newer RE-START Batteries do. It is stated on our website and on the battery it does not have a BMS. So if a Customer does let it over discharge that is NOT Antigravity's fault, nor a manufacturing defect. So AGAIN your claims are trying to muddy the water with mis-information to portray Antigravity Batteries in a negative light.

2c) Last, we sell thousands of batteries a MONTH... that is a lot of Batteries... yes in fact we can have complaints... but they are in the .02% range... and that is crazy good... so sure you can scour the internet to find complaints about us... but you can do the same for any company and Porsche as well. But if you have the facts and portray them accurately you would see how well we do.

In response to your UTTERLY inaccurate claim of Antigravity "falsely laying claim to making products in the USA."

3a) Foxman... AGAIN you do not have the FACTS yet you are making completely INACCURATE statements about our Company, and again I have to correct you.

3b) This complaint was due to a competitor stating we inccorectly used the MADE IN AMERICA designation on our products..... The FTC came to us to investigate this... we showed them that we had recently switched over to a new Retail Box without that claim of Made in the USA after we moved to the Battery Cell construction to China since there was no more Battery Cell manufacturers in the USA with the newer Cell Chemistry we needed. So in fact it was an Investigation that was all.... We showed the FTC the new Boxes and batteries that we had in stock, and informed them we still had stock of our original Made in the USA models at our Distributor and it would take a few months for those to be sold. The FTC said OK ,CASE CLOSED. See my images below.

3c) Last that site that you posted the link to has our Lawyer on them for a few reasons.... for ONE this was an investigation that is not longer relevant and cleared, secondly it NEVER involved our Auto Battery yet they show a picture of the Auto Battery, It ONLY was in regards to the SMALL CASE RACE BATTERY which is the ONLY Battery we did make in the USA. The issue was completely resolved in 2019 with a Letter from the FTC which I posted below.

-------------------------------------

FOXMAN.... you are trolling us. Great Job, your a Troll ! You have posted inaccurate non-factual information with no knowledge of the actual facts and intent to create a false and negative bias toward our company. I have disproven your claims on every level. I am asking you to STOP THIS immediately or I will bring the moderators in. When you have actually owned our products, and dealt our warranty or Customer Service reps I would be glad to hear you out. Until then please stop Trolling and posting without the facts.
Oh dear. Quite bonkers, complete with randomly capitalized words.
The following users liked this post:
911Jetta (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 09:41 AM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts

This is a bummer thread. I’ve been very satisfied with my Antigravity battery so far. However, their response here doesn’t exactly give me the warm fuzzies. Foxman is about as far from a troll as I could imagine.

I think we all just want to see the company step up and fast track a replacement battery to Ubipa. If you’re selling thousands per month, supply lines don’t seem so awful? Perhaps an upgrade replacement, due to the inconvenience, if his model is on a long back order? As an owner of one of your batteries, I am concerned about the response to a warranty issue.

Last edited by -nick; 03-26-2021 at 09:42 AM.
911Jetta (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 02:33 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Antigravity said it would report this thread to the Moderators if Foxman persisted. At or about the same time, Antigravity reported this thread. So, as requested, here we are….

1. Antigravity wrote above saying that “the issues were resolved already,” but it wasn’t clear which issues were being referenced. Has Ubipa’s issue been resolved at this time?

2. Antigravity has a prominent banner on its homepage that says: “During Covid we're Open and Shipping normally….” This might be an isolated incident and/or back-orders may be normal, but it probably explains the relative lack of sympathy here for Covid-related delays/explanations.

3. Antigravity posted portions of a letter from the FTC above. FTC letters are a matter of public record, including the full, unredacted April 15, 2019, letter to Antigravity published here:

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/doc...er_4-15-19.pdf

Can Antigravity explain why the highlighted portion of the letter published by the FTC differs from the version Antigravity posted here? The FTC’s letter contains a normal ‘no-determination’ disclaimer – i.e., that the their actions “should not be construed as a determination that there was no violation” of law (emphasis added). The version posted here by Antigravity says the opposite.

If you would prefer to address this offline, let us know via the report function. Thank you.

The following 7 users liked this post by Tom M'Guinn:
911Jetta (03-26-2021), asellus (11-11-2021), bb964 (06-24-2021), LPMM (07-06-2021), smiles11 (04-19-2021), SupraSaiyan (05-20-2021), Todd B (03-26-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-26-2021, 02:46 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by -nick
This is a bummer thread. I’ve been very satisfied with my Antigravity battery so far. However, their response here doesn’t exactly give me the warm fuzzies. Foxman is about as far from a troll as I could imagine.

I think we all just want to see the company step up and fast track a replacement battery to Ubipa. If you’re selling thousands per month, supply lines don’t seem so awful? Perhaps an upgrade replacement, due to the inconvenience, if his model is on a long back order? As an owner of one of your batteries, I am concerned about the response to a warranty issue.
My feelings exactly. I bought my Antigravity battery because of Chad's engagement with the forum, and recommended it to others based on his continued support when the app wasn't properly reporting data from the battery monitor. Now it looks like things have gone totally off the rails.
The following 2 users liked this post by spartansix:
911Jetta (03-26-2021), xp800man (09-04-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 03:48 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

We'd be glad to talk about it offline... but the thread has run its course.

Again people can choose our products or another, as I have detailed, but we want to deal with Customer with legitimate complaints about our products and who have bought them.

Ubipa has been taken care of. That issue was resolved.

Old 03-26-2021, 05:02 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Scott, please be sure to CC Robb M., 911SLOW (co-admin) and me on any correspondence you send to Tom. I would be very interested to have more information as to why the FTC letter that you posted appears to have been altered by the omission of one, significant word in order to support your position.

Thank you.
Old 03-26-2021, 05:48 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

I have been considering purchasing an Antigravity battery as I am impressed with it's features.
As a prospective customer, I will be closely following the outcome of this dispute.

Last edited by Metal Guru; 03-26-2021 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:00 PM
revolve40
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 90 Posts

Same as above. I think there a members who have a vested interest in the outcome of these offline discussions. Should the moderators deem it appropriate, I would appreciate any future updates on this situation. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:03 PM
BLACK3.2
Pro

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

That letter manipulation is a real bush league move
911Jetta (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 08:36 PM
Peteinjp
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK3.2
That letter manipulation is a real bush league move
And totally unnecessary at that.
Old 03-27-2021, 09:39 AM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 201 Posts

Glad to hear OP's issue was resolved and no one got hurt. If not for this thread I won't know anything about AG's battery products truly is a game changer and the weight savings alone is ridiculous!
My 1 y/o oem battery died last week on my 964 ( I drive my car once a week at least 1/2 hour or 25-50 miles ) i guess it's time to try the product since the reviews were cool.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:13 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Scott, please be sure to CC Robb M., 911SLOW (co-admin) and me on any correspondence you send to Tom. I would be very interested to have more information as to why the FTC letter that you posted appears to have been altered by the omission of one, significant word in order to support your position.

Thank you.

Antigravity, we need to hear from you on this. Please contact the people Mark lists above.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:36 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I hope Ubipa is happy with the new battery.
And hope there not a lot of faulty batteries out there,
I just received the 680 restart in France and fitted it in my car.
Fingers crossed
Old 04-20-2021, 10:30 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

@Antigravity, the moderator team wants to make sure you saw Tom's post.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by 2swoosh
Glad to hear OP's issue was resolved and no one got hurt. If not for this thread I won't know anything about AG's battery products truly is a game changer and the weight savings alone is ridiculous!
My 1 y/o oem battery died last week on my 964 ( I drive my car once a week at least 1/2 hour or 25-50 miles ) i guess it's time to try the product since the reviews were cool.
@2swoosh, we have noted your comment with some interest. Your post states that you would not have known about Antigravity if it weren't for this thread, demonstrating that you are not familiar with their products.

However, last May, you mentioned in this thread that Antigravity has "Great and cool products!" Your statement in this thread of "if not for this thread I won't know anything about AG's battery products" contradicts your statement in May 2020 since you were clearly aware of their products.

You also posted on 6speed on August 20, 2020 about Antigravity batteries. Your statement in this thread of "if not for this thread I won't know anything about AG's battery products" contradicts your statement in August 2020 since you were clearly aware of their products.

Can you please tell the board what is your relationship with Antigravity and why you feel compelled to shill for them with these logically opposite public statements?

Thank you.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:39 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

So 2swoosh jumps right into a thread about all the great Antigravity products today? What a coincidence! Who woulds have thunk it?
I think by now we're all smelling a rat.
Hey Antigravity, I don't think I'm digging your business practices much.....

Quick Reply: New Antigravity Battery - DOA