Sponsored by:

New Antigravity Battery - DOA

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 04:55 PM
Ubipa
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts
Default New Antigravity Battery - DOA

Splurged and bought the ATX20-HD back in November. The battery arrived right before xmas but was dead: no status light, 8 volts, and unable to be charged with the CTEK that came with it. Anyone have similar experience? Still waiting for them to send me a return shipping label but they've asked me to complete a warranty form. Is it odd to anyone that I'd have to complete a warranty claim for something that arrived nonfunctional to begin with?
Old 01-05-2021, 04:59 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

They were pretty responsive and helpful with the H6 60 Ah battery I purchased so I've personally had a good customer service experience with them.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:09 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 224 Posts

Yes - that does seem strange. They are somewhat active on this forum so hopefully you'll get an answer soon.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:31 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubipa
Splurged and bought the ATX20-HD back in November. The battery arrived right before xmas but was dead: no status light, 8 volts, and unable to be charged with the CTEK that came with it. Anyone have similar experience? Still waiting for them to send me a return shipping label but they've asked me to complete a warranty form. Is it odd to anyone that I'd have to complete a warranty claim for something that arrived nonfunctional to begin with?
Hi Ubipa, if you have any issues receiving the call tag please feel free to reach out to me directly. I know we were extremely short staffed with warehouse staff being out with illness so they are trying to process everything as quickly as they can. In regards to including a warranty form, that is so we make sure all the needed details/information is included with the battery when received to be able to process as efficiently as possible..
Best regards,
Chad
chad@antigravitybatteries.com
The following users liked this post:
Booth9999 (06-08-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 04:47 PM
Ubipa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Hi Ubipa, if you have any issues receiving the call tag please feel free to reach out to me directly. I know we were extremely short staffed with warehouse staff being out with illness so they are trying to process everything as quickly as they can. In regards to including a warranty form, that is so we make sure all the needed details/information is included with the battery when received to be able to process as efficiently as possible..
Best regards,
Chad
Thanks for responding to the post and appreciate the help, I think I've been working with you via email. I've received the return label and the battery is with the carrier.
Antigravity (01-13-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 10:31 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 309 Posts

I want to assure everyone that Antigravity are truly awesome when it comes to both service and support of their products, and I know they will work to make it right. I now have two of their awesome batteries (one in my 997.1 GT2 and one in my Toyota 4Runner) and I cannot see buying another type of battery again.

I've had the GT2 battery for well over a year and it has never done me wrong whatsoever, and worked flawlessly right out of the box. My newer Group 35 battery was just installed a little over a week ago in my 4Runner, but with the smart battery system and integrated Bluetooth it's so impressive what you can do with modern tech. I'm a customer for life, and plan to put them in every one of my vehicles over time. Just awesome!
The following 2 users liked this post by Steve Theodore:
Antigravity (01-15-2021), Jim C (01-16-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 05:09 PM
YesJoshYes
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just reiterating what others have said – I've only had great experiences with Anti-Gravity batteries and their staff. Expensive product, but worth it, imo.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:17 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

I bought two of the prior gen. One died unexplainably well within the warranty period. They replaced it with the upgraded model. You should be fine.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:01 AM
Ubipa
Rennlist Member

I'm sort of at my wits end with this vendor... It's been two months since the battery was returned to them. I've emailed about an update status with no reply and then called to only receive a "your warranty was approved and it should be going out". That was a month ago... come on!

I understand that businesses are not operating 100% right now, but this was ordered back in November 2020. I contacted them right away regarding the battery being dead-on-arrival and unable to be charged (with the new charger in the order). It's been 4 months and the lack of communication is just ridiculous. Not impressed.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:22 AM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 224 Posts

That's a shame. My battery is okay - It needs to be kept on a tender for any extended period but it does seem to have decent power and it is very light. Part of the reason I bought it was the forum engagement of the vendor and the belief that issues would be handled promptly.
911Jetta (03-22-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 11:35 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Crazy, as they've been responsive and engaged with this forum in the past. That said, since it's come to this point, let your credit card handle the situ. Cancel the old one, and just order a new one (if you still want to deal with them).
Love mine, but wouldn't feel that way if I had your experience. Such an easy big chunk of weight out of the car.....
Old 03-22-2021, 11:55 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ubipa
I'm sort of at my wits end with this vendor... It's been two months since the battery was returned to them. I've emailed about an update status with no reply and then called to only receive a "your warranty was approved and it should be going out". That was a month ago... come on!

I understand that businesses are not operating 100% right now, but this was ordered back in November 2020. I contacted them right away regarding the battery being dead-on-arrival and unable to be charged (with the new charger in the order). It's been 4 months and the lack of communication is just ridiculous. Not impressed.
Hi Ubipa, very sorry to hear about this. Please DM or email me directly to refresh me on your details (name, battery model..etc) and we'll see what needs to be done to get you taken care of.
Best regards,
Chad

Last edited by Antigravity; 03-22-2021 at 12:12 PM.
911Jetta (03-22-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 09:40 PM
Ubipa
Rennlist Member

Thanks Chad. I sent you a private message with the order #. I really appreciated your previous help with getting the return going. It just hasn’t seem to go anywhere from there.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:24 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Seems like they’ve gotten worse. There was a time when I had Scott on the line on a Saturday morning trying to trouble shoot a dead battery on my 991 but months for a DOA item return is just off. Hope it gets sorted soon and even though I have one of theirs in my 964, it makes me reluctant to get more.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:29 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
Seems like they’ve gotten worse. There was a time when I had Scott on the line on a Saturday morning trying to trouble shoot a dead battery on my 991 but months for a DOA item return is just off. Hope it gets sorted soon and even though I have one of theirs in my 964, it makes me reluctant to get more.
For the last year almost we have not been allowed to have more than 3-4 people in our office while we have a staff of 11 normally,,,, this due to Covid. California has had mandatory stay at home policies and we still don't have full staff yet....and that has created some dropped *****. There are plenty of posts that state we have fantastic Customer Service on Renn, as we do, but its been a difficult time covering everything perfectly with a staff that is not allowed to come into the offices to cover all the aspects of our business.
BLACK3.2 (03-23-2021)

Quick Reply: New Antigravity Battery - DOA