Sponsored by:

Help with Scantool – Test output feature

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 12:48 AM
cjoenck
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
You can just add those to the config file. All you need to know is the memory location inside the tip ECU...
Ok, and there is the problem I guess. I have been looking for that info but it's a proprietary data format I believe with very little info I can find. Any suggestions or sources?

Last edited by cjoenck; 09-21-2021 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:08 PM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Infinite1
I have a question. Has anyone been able to read any trouble codes with the tool? When I first used the tool I did not have the Steve Wong chip installed. I basically used for Adaptation and it seem to connect fine. Most recently I tried to use it to try and pull a trouble code but no dice and it takes forever to connect to Motronic or others. I'm curious who else might have a steve wong chip and is able to connect.
I have also installed a Steve Wong chip for my LWF. I don't think I've experienced any issues connecting but will try to confirm sometime this week.
The following users liked this post:
964Luftballoon (09-21-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 01:08 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by cjoenck
Since the tool appears to read memory addresses directly, I could imagine that a Steve Wong or any other aftermarket chip may not work. Only way to really tell is use a data packet sniffer like Wireshark and compare data streams. I could be wrong of course but the tool works well for the oem chip.
The aftermarket chips don't move memory or register locations around.

Originally Posted by cjoenck
I have been looking for that info but it's a proprietary data format I believe with very little info I can find. Any suggestions or sources?
You have to disassemble the eprom from the TIP ecu.

Quick Reply: Help with Scantool – Test output feature