Sponsored by:

My 964 Slow Refresh Diary

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2023, 01:13 PM
964Luftballoon
Pro

Received 143 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomfun
A couple things made me choose GC - I liked the camber adjustment option, the strut mount point is higher so you can have more travel if you plan on running the car low (which I do), and lastly they supply the coils as well so they ship everything assembled and together. I went with rennline top mounts for the rears and had them shipped to GC prior to assembly.

Springs are Eibach 440/650lb, recommended by MCS. Might be a bit stiff, we'll see.

Tom
Thanks so much for the feedback! I didn't realize that about the strut mount point. I'm a bit of a stancy guy so running a bit lower (not crazy low) aligns with my needs. I will look into these and see which MCS dealer I go with can accommodate. I'm thinking of doing Swift Springs but we'll see. Glad to see options others are using.
Old 12-12-2023, 07:04 PM
Tomfun
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Tarrett allows for better caster adjustment and is based off the factory RSR designs with more adjustment. i would opt for 2 WNR instead. I did this and find i have greater control over my adjustments and am not locked into what the single adjustment offers.
My understanding was the Tarrett offering was designed specifically not to adjust caster....is that not the case? Thats what their website says anyways, and looking at the design I can't see how it would have any caster adjustment.

In any case, I spec'd 2WNR as well but ultimately decided I didn't need more adjustments to fiddle with. If the springs end up being too stiff it won't be too hard to swap them out.

Tom
Old 12-12-2023, 08:16 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Tarrett allows for better caster adjustment and is based off the factory RSR designs with more adjustment. i would opt for 2 WNR instead. I did this and find i have greater control over my adjustments and am not locked into what the single adjustment offers.

IMO you will be way to stiff for street driving with 440/650 I went with 400/500 and 225 pound tenders which soften up the bad roads a lot. I was considering dropping down to a softer spring but as I make more adjustments I find I am enjoying it as is.
This ^

i made the same mistake with my 2 way coilover system.. Too harsh. 450/600 was too much. Setup now is 350/500. With solid top mounts it’s really good on the street.

Quick Reply: My 964 Slow Refresh Diary