Sponsored by:

Scissor Lift Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 07:11 AM
spooky69
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by LOMartin
The only thought I have with your referenced style of lift is to ensure that your vehicle will clear the 135mm hight and leave enough room to maneuver the arms.
The one mentioned at the beginning of the thread will not work - there are pins restricting movement of the arms so they will not go to a short enough distance for the jack points. The one I linked above here in the thread looks like it would work and there are other options for that style of lift locally that would work.

Either of the two styles of lift I am looking at will need ramps at each side (or at the ends for the twin platform lift) to give sufficient clearance, either for arms or for blocks.

I have 4 Porsche-specific jack pads that would work nicely with the twin platform style of lift.

I'm currently trying to decide between the two styles of lift, which are similarly priced. If I go for the one with arms then I need to make sure it would work with the 964 and I am waiting for a couple of suppliers to confirm. The twin platform style is easy and would work without problems - it only raises 1m instead of the 1.2m to 1.4m of the other style but my current garage only has room to lift 70cm anyway.
Old 02-24-2022, 09:24 AM
spooky69
Racer

The Jema Autolifte one would work and is 1,688 EUR in Denmark where the seller is based. So I got in touch and they direct me to the local distributor. Their price... 2,194 EUR. I thought I might have found a reasonably priced option for a moment. Onwards...
Old 02-24-2022, 01:22 PM
LOMartin
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Have you checked with Twin Busch’s pricing?

i see they have a distributor 4hr drive from you.
Old 02-24-2022, 01:41 PM
spooky69
Racer

Have you checked with Twin Busch’s pricing?

i see they have a distributor 4hr drive from you.
Thanks. I've sent a message to them to see what they can do.

Jema have agreed to supply me directly so I am waiting to see what shipping would cost.
Old 03-01-2022, 12:56 PM
spooky69
Racer

Around £450 shipping makes the Jema the same cost as buying locally.

I decided to buy a twin platform one that was at a better price than the Jema. I sent them a quick message to ask if they had stock and they confirmed that they do - ten of the buggers. I went back to the website to order and they had increased the price by nearly £400! I tried to buy from some of the sellers who had the same item and they all increased their prices at the same time... Unbelievable!!

I found one that hasn't updated the price and quickly ordered, but I am fully expecting them to cancel the order. If that happens then I'll have one other option or I'll have to get the rather over-priced option that is available.

Who would have thought it would be quite so difficult...
Old 03-01-2022, 09:33 PM
LOMartin
Advanced

Originally Posted by spooky69
Around £450 shipping makes the Jema the same cost as buying locally.

I decided to buy a twin platform one that was at a better price than the Jema. I sent them a quick message to ask if they had stock and they confirmed that they do - ten of the buggers. I went back to the website to order and they had increased the price by nearly £400! I tried to buy from some of the sellers who had the same item and they all increased their prices at the same time... Unbelievable!!

I found one that hasn't updated the price and quickly ordered, but I am fully expecting them to cancel the order. If that happens then I'll have one other option or I'll have to get the rather over-priced option that is available.

Who would have thought it would be quite so difficult...

man I know the feeling. I started the researching a new two post. The biggest issue is just finding things in stock. Prices are wild on all this steel right now.

I wish you luck.
The following users liked this post:
spooky69 (03-02-2022)
Old 03-03-2022, 09:21 AM
spooky69
Racer

man I know the feeling. I started the researching a new two post. The biggest issue is just finding things in stock. Prices are wild on all this steel right now.

I wish you luck.
I managed to find one supplier who had actually taken one of these into stock and so I managed to buy it at the original price. It was still more than I should have been able to get it for as I previously had a 10% discount available through a friend but that supplier increased prices by 20%. All of these things seem to be going up in price by a significant amount.

I should have it on Monday if all goes well. I'm just the epic process of deciding which one to get and actually buying it seems to be concluded...
John McM (03-03-2022)
Old 03-07-2022, 07:03 AM
spooky69
Racer

Now all I need to do is figure out how to get it off the pallet…

John McM (03-07-2022)
Old 03-07-2022, 08:15 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Aye, some back breaking shifting to do. Get help if you can. Everything under that wrap is heavy! To position it in the garage where I wanted I was levering around using a long piece of 2 x 4. The wheeled 'carrier' that had the stud/pin to locate in the lift tab slot just sheared straight off after first use with the lift slamming to the floor - watch your toes!
Old 03-07-2022, 01:22 PM
LOMartin
Advanced

Remember it’s bolted to the pallet. Go slow so you don’t mess up your nice pavers.

Using a couple PVC small dia tubes can help move everything if you don’t have the wheel kit.

this is a heavy kit. Don’t hurt your back.
Old 03-07-2022, 02:33 PM
spooky69
Racer

Remember it’s bolted to the pallet. Go slow so you don’t mess up your nice pavers.

Using a couple PVC small dia tubes can help move everything if you don’t have the wheel kit.

this is a heavy kit. Don’t hurt your back.
I had no idea it was bolted to the pallet... that's probably saved me five hours of buggering around.

It has the wheel kit so hopefully nothing will break and I'll be able to roll it into the garage.

Getting it off the pallet is the first challenge. Maybe my floor jack will be able to help move it enough to gradually get it off the pallet.
Old 03-08-2022, 12:35 AM
LOMartin
Advanced

you should be able to use the lift itself. Operate the lift up a bit. This gives you space to unbolt eveything from the pallet. Then drop it back down.

after that. The floor Jack will be helpful.

I messed with it for ten minutes. Got pissed and brought out my tractor with pallet forks. Made things easier.

Originally Posted by spooky69
I had no idea it was bolted to the pallet... that's probably saved me five hours of buggering around.

It has the wheel kit so hopefully nothing will break and I'll be able to roll it into the garage.

Getting it off the pallet is the first challenge. Maybe my floor jack will be able to help move it enough to gradually get it off the pallet.

Old 03-08-2022, 06:05 AM
spooky69
Racer

you should be able to use the lift itself. Operate the lift up a bit. This gives you space to unbolt eveything from the pallet. Then drop it back down.

after that. The floor Jack will be helpful.

I messed with it for ten minutes. Got pissed and brought out my tractor with pallet forks. Made things easier.
Great, now I need to buy a tractor...
LOMartin (03-10-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 03:35 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I feel your pain! I need to move my BenPac scissor lift 90 miles to my new house. I got it off a Uhaul trailer when I first picked it up almost 20 years ago and now need to figure out how to get it back on a trailer to drive it over to the Fl west coast. LOL
LOMartin (03-10-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 04:20 PM
LOMartin
Advanced

A cheap engine lift is very useful if you have one laying around.
The following 2 users liked this post by LOMartin:
John McM (03-10-2022), spooky69 (03-11-2022)

Quick Reply: Scissor Lift Dimensions