Sponsored by:

Oil Breather Cap will not clear fuel assembly

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2023, 05:46 PM
Reston911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Breather Cap will not clear fuel assembly

Hello Everyone- While doing engine out maintenance, I am replacing various oil seals.. I cannot get the Oil Breather cap to clear the fuel assembly just above it... I undid the the six screws that hold the Fuel assembly ( fuel regulator?) on to the intake manifold ( labeled A in photo) and then can lift the fuel regulator up another 5mm or so to help clear the breather cap, but still not enough room. Close but no cigar. What is the secret to this? I used search function and google but could not find the answer... Thanks !!

Old 01-22-2023, 03:06 PM
mojorizing
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks like you are wanting to avoid taking off the intakes, etc. which would make this job easier, so this is what you can do:

1) Back off the nut at "C". That holds the fuel pressure regulator to the bracket. Drop the FPR free of the bracket. (Big orange circle in pic)
2) At "B", release the ball socket at the vacuum actuator, then slide off the actuator from it's mount.
3) Remove throttle grommet from bracket.
4) Now pass the bracket over the resonator valve connection. Small orange circle is the stop of the spring-loaded resonator valve, this needs to be put back correctly when you re-assemble.

This should get you plenty of room to remove the air breather connection.

Last edited by mojorizing; 01-22-2023 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-22-2023, 07:14 PM
Reston911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Awesome! Much thanks Mojorizing for the write up on how to do this !! I got the oil breather dome off -and all is well now...
I should have known that things I anticipate to be easy , are not always straightforward on these cars. I will go now and apologize to my neighbors since they heard 'someone' apparently yelling inappropriate adult language emanating from my garage earlier today before I got the oil breather cap off.

Quick Reply: Oil Breather Cap will not clear fuel assembly