H4 retaining clips pattern?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 05:00 PM
edvc520
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default H4 retaining clips pattern?

Hating myself at the moment
The H4 headlights fitted fine before, but I decided to disassemble the light thinking to paint the black rings…
Now it seems like I’m missing a “proper way” to install those spring clips and I can’t put those headlights back on the car.

anyone know if there’s a specific pattern to install those clips? Pics and/or vids would help a tonne

thank you
Old 08-28-2023, 07:02 AM
Harry Apps
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by edvc520
Hating myself at the moment
The H4 headlights fitted fine before, but I decided to disassemble the light thinking to paint the black rings…
Now it seems like I’m missing a “proper way” to install those spring clips and I can’t put those headlights back on the car.

anyone know if there’s a specific pattern to install those clips? Pics and/or vids would help a tonne

thank you
You should have 11 clips per light, 6 upper clips and 5 lower clips. One is longer than the other. Space them equally aaround their halves of the light. I start with one of each diametrically opposite near top and bottom. Insert short end lock in place with long end
Old 08-28-2023, 09:25 AM
edvc520
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Harry Apps
You should have 11 clips per light, 6 upper clips and 5 lower clips. One is longer than the other. Space them equally aaround their halves of the light. I start with one of each diametrically opposite near top and bottom. Insert short end lock in place with long end
thank you
Realized I have used the clips upside down previously, that’s why I couldn’t mount the light..

Quick Reply: H4 retaining clips pattern?