Sponsored by:

Seatbelt warning light

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Toddimus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ian,

I'd almost guarantee that is why yours doesn't light up. The gong relay lives under the dash, next to the steering column. It's to the left of the steering column. I see that you're in the UK, so it may be in a different location on yours since mine is LHD and yours is presumably RHD. Give it a shot.

Actually, now that I've proved to myself that it's not a problem with the seatbelt light, I think that I'll remove the gong relay again, since it's pretty annoying. That's why the PO removed it I imagine.

-Todd
Old 05-02-2003, 05:34 PM
Ian A
Intermediate

Todd

yup - I'm in the UK, but my 911 is a LHD import, so should be same spec as yours - will advise.

I have *never* heard my gong alert - when should it go off (under normal driving circumstances??)

Ta

Ian
Old 05-02-2003, 08:35 PM
Toddimus
Instructor

Ian,

Just to be clear, the "gong" is the sound for:

"hey buddy, you left your headlamps on!",
"fasten your seatbelt"
"door is open"

As opposed to the "warning horn" that goes off when there is a safety threat such as hydraulic system problems/failures. For instance, I can make the warning horn go off if the car is just started from cold, and I pump the brakes a bunch of times, which makes the hydraulic pressure sensor read too low a pressure.

The gong, on the other hand, is annoying each time your start the car, and open the door, or if your passenger opens the door to get in while the engine is running, of if you haven't fastened the safety belt yet.

The only thing it is really good for is that it tells you that you left your lights on. The problem with that is the gong "cries wolf" so often that I may disregard it when the light have been left on.

I'm going to disconnect it this weekend.

Cheers,
Todd

Quick Reply: Seatbelt warning light