Sponsored by:

It's Friday- what have you learned

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 08:26 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's Friday- what have you learned

I learned yesterday that building a custom house means you can add $11K quickly just by adding a few square feet to the footprint. I still get the 3 & 3/4 garage with a stair from the garage to the basement

I tried to clean up the paint a little more- get rid of some swirlies- and Meguiars cleaner wax seems to do some of that. I'm not brave enough to wet sand yet, so I'll stick to innoculous waxes and polishes for now.

Our Fall Tour is tomorrow, and I'm leading the morning. Hope the weather holds off, as well as the cops. I know there are some spots where you just have to hit about 80 to make the corners really fun

what about you- learn anything new?
Old 09-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hawk... I've always heard that you should apply the wax and take it off in a back and forth motion. The swirls can be caused by buffers and those that polish in a circular direction. (Not sure if Meguirs says that or not.)
Old 09-23-2005, 11:17 AM
johnfm
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I learned life is SWEET - just started directing Hollyoaks again - its bloody good fun!!!

Oh, and Issue 6 of Total911 is about to go to the printers - which is an achievement of which I am really proud - hats off to Phil, Rob, Kevin and all the others that contributed to our first six issues.

I was at 9M's works yesterday too, and learned that you just can't get enough of 911's, in any configuration they are just great to look at, listen to and drive!!

Have a good weekend (and good luck to those on the Texan coast!)
Old 09-26-2005, 06:39 PM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little late... But just gettin around to checking in. I learned to be even more observant with regard to the weather!
Friday afternoon (bright and sunny as it has been here for 2 months) I load my dirty shirts for a trip to the cleaners and a stop at the grocery store. 1st Stop, the grocery store... I park right out front where everybody can see my baby... I shop for a while, buy 6 or 7 bags of groceries, wheeling my cart towards the door and glance out the huge picture windows towards where I parked the car...
It is pouring rain! I'm talking full blown cloud burst Some lady goes "Is that your little car?" I'll hold your cart... At a full run I jump in (2" of water in the seat) and drive it to the underground parking.... I managed to get the puddles out of it using my dirty shirts.... Driving back home, I noticed that 5 blocks away the road hadn't even got wet... At home 3 miles away nobody even believed me, thought I fell in the bay! Well, fortunately everything still seems to work and no apparent harm was done. Ruined my record tho, I hadn't had the top up since May when I came home from Florida..

Quick Reply: It's Friday- what have you learned