Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could someone with XPEl mirror covers post a few pics please?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 PM
951Boost
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could someone with XPEl mirror covers post a few pics please?

Howdy all. Was wondering if a charitable soul would do me a great big favor?

I just received a set of XPEL clear mirror bras for my aero mirrors (same teardrop shape as 964's/993's) and frankly can't visualize how to properly install them. Seems like their shape doesn't match the mirror all that well.

I did a search in the forum and came up empty handed (did find a pic of a custom made kit, but as such can't really go by it). Also visited the XPEL website and saw some pics and a video of some generic mirror installs, so I do realize that there is a fair amount of stretching of the film involved and as such that might change the shape of the bra and it might just fit properly but.......... It would be a big help to see a few pics of the finished product, specially the front edge where the teardrop meets the base and the upper/top part of the teardrop close to the edge where the glass is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Old 08-19-2010, 12:44 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default How about this video...

Originally Posted by 951Boost
Howdy all. Was wondering if a charitable soul would do me a great big favor?

I just received a set of XPEL clear mirror bras for my aero mirrors (same teardrop shape as 964's/993's) and frankly can't visualize how to properly install them. Seems like their shape doesn't match the mirror all that well.

I did a search in the forum and came up empty handed (did find a pic of a custom made kit, but as such can't really go by it). Also visited the XPEL website and saw some pics and a video of some generic mirror installs, so I do realize that there is a fair amount of stretching of the film involved and as such that might change the shape of the bra and it might just fit properly but.......... It would be a big help to see a few pics of the finished product, specially the front edge where the teardrop meets the base and the upper/top part of the teardrop close to the edge where the glass is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
In this video we qquickly show how an install was done for mirrors on a 370Z.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uHXe4DgMgU

Old 08-19-2010, 08:37 PM
951Boost
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, old post but I managed to get them installed properly. The film does stretch a lot. Very happy with the product and service.

Quick Reply: Could someone with XPEl mirror covers post a few pics please?