Sponsored by:

Intro and new to me C4

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 08:02 PM
spentmiles
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro and new to me C4

Greetings all - I have been a lurker on the boards for the last 5-6 months, and about 2 months ago took the big leap by purchasing my first pcar. Since then I have done a bunch of DIY maintenance including full fluid changes, Oil, Trans, Front Diff, Full Hydraulic bleed (W/Durametric) and power steering. As well as the other usual suspects belts, caps, rotors,coils. The car had a spotty history, but sound mechanicals, and a great interior and paint (original) being a west coast car it was pampered and it shows.

1990 C4 all stock, 94K miles 5-speed manual in Linen Metalic with a Cashmere interior. I looked at many 964's all over the county, even a few rennlisters that had great cars, but were not quite what I was looking for. Finally this came around and I jumped on it. I was originally only going to get a C2, but the AWD is "confidence boosting" for sure.

No major plans for the car, other than to drive it on the weekends and other free time, maybe participate in some PCA events at some point. I have a to do list including new bushings on the control arms (purchased from paragon) and possibly a new suspension down the road, the list keeps building, but its a great hobby and keeps me out of trouble

While I am writing, wanted to say thanks to those who contribute content and DIYs to the forums, between them and Adrian's book, I have been able to tackle every project to date.
Attached Images      
Old 09-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Jim Richards
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Beautiful car!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:36 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

serious nice looking porsche
Old 09-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Cam Arnott
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a really sweet colour - nice find!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:05 PM
tgage
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice. Ping me if you ever have c4 issues

Stock? Upgraded wheels, head unit and the car looks like it may have been lowered a bit. All good things. You will really enjoy it.

Tom
Old 09-25-2010, 01:17 AM
velocitylover
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Sweet looking, welcome to the 964 c4 world
Old 09-25-2010, 01:37 AM
CanyonBlaster
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice color combo! you gotta drop it, ASAP. I recommend a coilover setup vs. spring & shock searching. I have H&R street sport coilovers and love them.
Your car will rock your world if you drop it on good suspension, looks and handling! ESPECIALLY with the miles and if the current setup is old stock.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:56 AM
92C2Targa#119
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love that colour. Looks like the mirrors must have been upgraded from the flags of 1990. Linen on tan is really sharpe. Great find.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:27 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by spentmiles
...the list keeps building, but its a great hobby and keeps me out of trouble...
Great spirit! That was a wonderful intro.

What CanyonBlaster says about the suspension upgrade is so true, I'm still on stock suspension and I can't wait for my suspension overhaul. Until then you can get a good base of miles and learn how a stock 911 feels, then start sharpening the knife!

Let us know how the bushing install goes?

You car looks super; very elegant. Another example that the 964 silhouette looks good in an incredibly broad range of colors. I’m going out for a drive!

Last edited by 911Jetta; 09-25-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:54 PM
J-F-O
Instructor

Welcome to the club... Great looking P-car
Old 09-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THAT is a seriously classy, sweet rig, especially with that color combo. You found a real keeper. These examples are the "heirloom" types. I admire your "DIY-ness", too. I have a great indy shop, but I wish I had the time and initiative to do more than oil changes and minor stuff. Ah, someday...

Have fun with it!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:59 PM
spentmiles
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the kind words all. I look forward to contributing to the forums.

Suspension is definitely in my future once the budget recovers. I am sure the current shocks are shot at this mileage. I have to give credit to my wife for the color selection. When I showed her some pics of the car. She said that is the one....or should I say "she" is the one. my wife and everyone we know refers to the car as my new girlfriend....

As for the DIY it has become my new hobby. I finished my mba back in January and up until that time had spent every waking moment, especially in the evenings studying. With 2.5 years of school done it was time to find a hobby or become a couch potato. I killed 2 birds with that stone, new hobby, and childhood dream of owning a Porsche realized. It also doesn't hurt my that my father in law has lift, makes work so much easier!

On a side note if anyone is in the Atlanta area and planning to attend the Petit Lemans next weekend drop me note. A buddy of mine is getting some tix from work and we are planning to head over

Quick Reply: Intro and new to me C4