Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project "Amazon" Restoration-Lightweight C4- 2Pack paint soon;-)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Project "Amazon" Restoration-Lightweight C4- on the home straight!

Hello guys, I thought i'd might share a new project I am taking on this winter of 2010. The 2nd Porsche 964 I have owned bought mid summer. Shes a standard 1992 manual C4 in Amazon green with a grey interior.

The car had been a daily user in the past and was sold recently due to lack of use and a new family life. The car had stood still in a barn at the family house in the country, whilst the owners life was pre-occupied in the city with his family and work, this had forced him to sell.

Anyway, the car was advertised dirty and was sold dirty i can remember, just showed how surprising the lack of interest she had, when photographed in such state. It was as though this single man, had dropped everything at his parents home in the country in this case the car in the barn, and suddenly dissapeared to the city for a new life with a new family. I could even remember seeing pictures on the advertisement of how grotty she was and telephoning him whilst getting distracted by babies in the background, anyway........

Heres some pics of her when I bought her back home.

The good thing was she had a full serviced history and a well maintained throughout its life so far. Once a local car to me.........

Last edited by Nski; 01-13-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Seeing Amazon green for the first time, made me think the car was more blue than green. But having washed her then giving her a detail, it was clear she was a bit of both.

Obviously, this colour would'nt have been my 1st choice, but because this was a project car, the colour wasnt that much of an importance.

She was near standard except for the genuine Cup1 wheels, RS steering wheel and the 993 front seats he replaced due to the excessive wear of the original 964 sport seats that came with the car.

Now cleaner than she ever been!

Last edited by Nski; 10-18-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

It was a great improvement seeing the car clean and more presentable.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Having enjoyed the drive of the car from what was left of the summer period in the UK. She was taken off the road after 2 months, to my friends bodyshop unit for the start of my new project makeover.

My hard work begins!

You may ask what on earth am I doing stripping the car in a paint booth! Well, it was bad timing with space at the bodyshop

The front seats came out easy, having already done this before in my other white 964, straight forward but very heavy! But hey, it was well worth the job, as I found at least £10 worth of change!

Last edited by Nski; 10-18-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:25 AM
candela
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lookin' good norm - know you'll give her just what she needs....
Old 10-19-2010, 01:01 AM
stinkydog
Instructor

Wow ,from the photos that looks pretty good for a 'barn find'... and that color ("colour") is one of my favorites... I'd trade my Slate Gray for an Amazon Green. One big flaw though.. looks like your steering wheel is on the wrong damn side.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:28 AM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

After seeing yours, I think I'll go for 993 seat replacement in mine.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

If only you was in the UK, as most of the parts and bits on the car will be put up for sale and sold. Thanks guys
Old 10-19-2010, 09:54 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,958 Likes on 1,184 Posts

Congrats,

Amazon green is a great color I own 2 Porsche's in that color and they always get compliments. Most of the time it is "what a beautiful blue color" Down side to Amazon is when it gets dirty and looses it's shine it looks ratty.

best luck with it.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Amazon green is a nice colour and can be confusing to people who don't know. I did scan through the service history and old MOTs and the odd few have been marked as blue!Probably colourchange her, with the help of Neil my paint buddy whom the bodyshop it belongs to.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:58 PM
carl964
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nski
If only you was in the UK, as most of the parts and bits on the car will be put up for sale and sold. Thanks guys
including those tasty cups? Looks like we are almost neighbours too!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:08 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,958 Likes on 1,184 Posts

Originally Posted by Nski
Amazon green is a nice colour and can be confusing to people who don't know. I did scan through the service history and old MOTs and the odd few have been marked as blue!Probably colourchange her, with the help of Neil my paint buddy whom the bodyshop it belongs to.
You either love the color or not. i would live with it and see how much it grows on you. Mine is a tack car i added stripes and it gets countless amounts of attention.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by carl964
including those tasty cups? Looks like we are almost neighbours too!
Hey Carl,the cup 1s wud be the last to go, just noit sure at the minute as they're one of my favourite wheel on the Porsche range.Really surprised on how many people have asked me to sell them.

I think the color is beautiful,especially when ubber clean and as the sun shines on it. But going to the extent of stripping her, I thought it be easier to colour change when itd near bear.

It doesn't help when you see especially 9M are going to the extent of their projects,to be inspired to do something similar, but not to that level with a 2man band in a small unit!ha
Old 10-19-2010, 02:01 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on Norm, it looks like you've hardly started....stop slacking and get on with it man!

p.s. I hope you're going to get this one on track once it's done
Old 10-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Come on Norm, it looks like you've hardly started....stop slacking and get on with it man!

p.s. I hope you're going to get this one on track once it's done

Hehehehe its slow Steve boy! There's a few more pics to upload, to show am not slacking:-)

Hope to go tracking,with a few more expert tuition, Steve?anyone else:-)

Quick Reply: Project "Amazon" Restoration-Lightweight C4- 2Pack paint soon;-)