Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage pics (a.k.a this is where my car sleeps)

Old 10-29-2010, 06:04 PM
mroddis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage pics (a.k.a this is where my car sleeps)

So in the land of extreme housing prices (Vancouver, BC) not even a king's ransom will guarantee a great place to store your car - love my house but it doesn't have a garage (the joys of city living I suppose). I'm planning on building one, but due to lot sizes here, only a small single-car garage would be possible - i.e. no room for lifts, full wall cabinetry, scales, etc...

In many of the pics I see posted here I also see fantastic garages that make me completely jealous. Full lifts, full workbenches, full facilities sometimes make me want to sell out and move to the 'burbs, complete with a multi-car garage/man den.

So, after a quick search didn't really reveal much, figured I'd put it out to the group - show us where you store your car, whether nightly or long term, where you work on it, etc. I want to get tonnes of ideas so show us your dream garages (i know some of you already have them) and also the smallest spaces that you've made work - need some inspiration/ideas that could fit inside a tiny Vancouver garage....

Cheers,
Matthew.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:14 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Ya, I know what you mean about house prices around here as you can see we are on the Island, Maple Bay to be more exact and it is not much cheaper here.
I have added a picture of my shop that I build 3 years ago, 22' x 25' x 9' that was the absolute biggest I could go.
Attached Images   
Old 10-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default P-house

amazing what fresh (type x) drywall and a $5 mis-tint can of paint will do.

Very nice Steen, all you are missing is the keg-o-rator.
Attached Images    
Old 10-29-2010, 11:21 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay, I wonder if y'all will notice a little contrast with our new friend Laker's garage... I can't quite put my finger on it... but theres..... something....
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2010, 11:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

not the right vintage p car. but it does sleep here.
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Here are a couple of fairly recent ones of my little shed.

30' x 32' x 12' with second floor storage, in-floor heat, internet, and a Bend-Pak lift.

Marc

Old 10-30-2010, 12:20 AM
AFKC
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's mine...

Last edited by AFKC; 02-05-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:23 AM
Unkle
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tbennett017
Okay, I wonder if y'all will notice a little contrast with our new friend Laker's garage... I can't quite put my finger on it... but theres..... something....
Got it!!, your trolley jack is at the driveway end of the garage, only difference i can see..

I live in the UK and we are pretty tight for space, our houses aren't that much bigger than USA garages, well mine isn't anyway. These days Our suburb houses are built with the front door straight to the street without gardens due to the lack of space.

Rizla paper gaps in our garage...

Old 10-30-2010, 11:47 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks, bennett. Made my morning.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:18 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Here's a one car garage......... Just replace that Italian cr@p with a real car. Oh, and you'll just have to take your car to a shop for repairs and sell all your tools, then enjoy the game with the Grandkid.
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2010, 03:48 PM
cobracarrera
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow...some very nice garages here....

Marc and AFKC...Very nice.......
Old 10-30-2010, 06:28 PM
mroddis
Advanced

Thanks for all the responses so far - nice to see some dimensions in the mix. Got some ideas now for flooring and heating, as it looks like a radiant floor would make all those nights on the concrete much more bearable....

Keep 'em coming....
Old 10-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Well as you pointed out I am the new guy, so the freshly painted garage for the new arrival hasn't gotten any battle scars yet.
Toughest projects to date were fuel filler neck replacement and CCU fan. With front brakes, ballast resistors, and various fluid to be changed, it won't last for long. Your garage looks like that isn't the first time the car has been up, and there is no repair you couldn't handle.

mroddis: Heating ideas? Get the car warmed up to 8 O'clock, and it will put off all the radiant heat you'll need.

Marc: Hands-down nicest garage. Next time I'm up north, I hope I break down near you.

AFKC: love the TV, you've got me thinking... our garage is wired with cable....Hmmm

Unkle: tight space, I noticed the self sticking foam pipe insulation you have on the walls. I use it on shelve edges. Saved me more than a dozen dings...

mooty: I see you on the path to bennett, but loads of space

bennett: Somehow I imagined the kits being developed and produced here, down the hall from the legal department-
Attached Images  

Last edited by Laker; 10-31-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 10-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
Bend-Pak lift.

Did you use the wood frame on the lift as an alternative to having the lift recessed into the garage floor?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Garage pics (a.k.a this is where my car sleeps)