Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reprogramming the spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 11:17 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 396 Likes on 262 Posts

I never installed mine. Happy to sell it. Pm me and make me an offer if you want to give it a shot. I got lost when I had to program it. Wish it would have come with a pre programmed default...lol.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:21 AM
klaasvs31
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, there is still interest! I've PM'ed Mojo back in 2016 asking when the pre-programmed module would eventually be available but unfortunately never had a response. I'm still very much interested in the pre-programmed module and this topic is on my watch list
Old 12-29-2018, 09:20 PM
August West
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

So I went ahead and pulled #8 and #12 out of the spoiler control module plug hoping the spoiler would stay down until 76 mph as advertised earlier in this thread. The spoiler is now coming up right at 65 mph and stays up until I manually switch the center console switch with the car at rest. This kinda defeats the whole purpose of this modification if the spoiler still comes up at regular highway speeds instead of 76 mph. Am I missing something? I have a 1990 C4 with the spoiler control module under the passenger seat.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:10 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by August West
So I went ahead and pulled #8 and #12 out of the spoiler control module plug hoping the spoiler would stay down until 76 mph as advertised earlier in this thread. The spoiler is now coming up right at 65 mph and stays up until I manually switch the center console switch with the car at rest. This kinda defeats the whole purpose of this modification if the spoiler still comes up at regular highway speeds instead of 76 mph. Am I missing something? I have a 1990 C4 with the spoiler control module under the passenger seat.
Try pulling the relay in front of the controller under the seat.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:40 PM
August West
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spokes

Okay, I’ll try that in the morning...thanks.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:30 PM
August West
Rennlist Member

I pulled the relay and now the spoiler doesn’t come up at all and the manual switch still works!

I wish I’d known about pulling the relay first before having pulled the seat out to modify the plug. I’m wondering if pulling the wires was pointless if all I needed to do was pull the relay...
Old 12-30-2018, 06:49 PM
August West
Rennlist Member

I pulled the relay and now the spoiler doesn’t come up at all and the manual switch still works!

I wish I’d known about pulling the relay first before having pulled the seat out to modify the plug. I’m wondering if pulling the wires was pointless if all I needed to do was pull the relay...
For my own edification I put the #8 and the #12 sockets back into the spoiler module plug and drove the car with and without the relay installed. The spoiler comes up at the usual 44mph and down below 4mph, regardless of whether or not the relay is installed.

So the bottom line is the mod requires pulling the #8 and #12 sockets out of the spoiler module plug and pulling the spoiler relay that’s in front of the spoiler module. This deactivates the automatic spoiler functions and, at least in my case, the spoiler stays down unless you manually switch the center console switch.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:19 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 142 Posts

For my own edification I put the #8 and the #12 sockets back into the spoiler module plug and drove the car with and without the relay installed. The spoiler comes up at the usual 44mph and down below 4mph, regardless of whether or not the relay is installed.

So the bottom line is the mod requires pulling the #8 and #12 sockets out of the spoiler module plug and pulling the spoiler relay that’s in front of the spoiler module. This deactivates the automatic spoiler functions and, at least in my case, the spoiler stays down unless you manually switch the center console switch.
I went a different route. I modified the controller changing a resistor. It now lifts at indicated 124kph and retracts at 5okph. I did need to pull the relay.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:25 PM
August West
Rennlist Member

I went a different route. I modified the controller changing a resistor. It now lifts at indicated 124kph and retracts at 5okph. I did need to pull the relay.
Yeah, I’m aware of that mod... just wanted to try the quick and easy first. 🦊
Old 12-31-2018, 07:36 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 575 Likes on 344 Posts

from the other thread, you have disconnected the speed input signal and the spoiler alert input.

1 No connect
2 No connect
3 Spoiler moter terminal 2
4 Spoiler moter terminal 1
5 Earth/Ground
6 +12 through 15 amp fuse, always on
7 +12 from J25, switched (7.5 amp fuse)
8 F57 on central informer
9 Terminal 3 "extend" on manual switch, "spoiler up" limit switch
10 Terminal 5 "retract" on manual switch, "spoiler down" limit switch
11 Common on manual switch
12 G56 - speed signal
13 No connect
14 No connect
Old 12-31-2018, 12:47 PM
August West
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM

from the other thread, you have disconnected the speed input signal and the spoiler alert input.

1 No connect
2 No connect
3 Spoiler moter terminal 2
4 Spoiler moter terminal 1
5 Earth/Ground
6 +12 through 15 amp fuse, always on
7 +12 from J25, switched (7.5 amp fuse)
8 F57 on central informer
9 Terminal 3 "extend" on manual switch, "spoiler up" limit switch
10 Terminal 5 "retract" on manual switch, "spoiler down" limit switch
11 Common on manual switch
12 G56 - speed signal
13 No connect
14 No connect
Thanks, John. Always love wiring schematics!
Old 06-05-2020, 03:06 PM
kreeshp
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thread bump.

I have one of Rennlister mojorizing's programmable spoiler modules for sale, listed here: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...l#post16681028

SOLD

Last edited by kreeshp; 06-05-2020 at 03:47 PM. Reason: SOLD

Quick Reply: reprogramming the spoiler