Sponsored by:

Happy Friggin Monday!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Happy Friggin Monday!!!!!

well, yesterday was a great Father's day. I spent quality time with the Porsche in the morning, getting it back together and ready for this upcoming weekend trip with the local club. I had to put the blower, the air filter, and the seat back in. I also put the belts back on after taking them off to see if the alternator was the source of some "noise". Let me say nervous/paranoid ears are not fun! the car is back together, and it sounds just as strong as it did before all my issues last year. The car starts up with no gas pedal/throttle required-- or so I thought I needed last year. I can key the ignition and it starts on it's own first try!

The belts are tight, and no noise at all. No slapping timing chain or any other noise. Valves will need attention this winter, but I don't foresee anything major. I do need to address the cab top alignment and motor drives, but I can drive the car.

So tonight, I'm giving the car a bath and a nice coat of wax. Detailing later, maybe Sunday after our club. And this morning I'm giving huge thanks you all here for the support and advice!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Jim Richards
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I reset the air bag warning light with my scanool, and then took the missus and doggy for a spin in the 93C2. Not sure why the warning light came on, so, I'll be keeping an eye on that.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:02 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Did a little cosmetic work on the outside of the P-car and washed out the spilled oil from the engine bay (which was dripping like I had a leak in the freshly rebuilt engine). Still breaking it in with a few red line bursts!

Hawk: glad to see that it turns out to be nothing more than a simple sensor gapping issue!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Had a busy weekend but didn't do any work on the 964, other than cleaning the cab rear window with some plastic polish. The window looks a lot better. My driver-side window stopped working. I checked the fuse and its ok. The passenger window works fine. I swapped the switches and the problem persists. I ran out of time to troubleshoot further.

Meanwhile, during the week, I was able to help a fellow RL member, bleed his 964 clutch. He will be coming over this coming Saturday to work on some more involved issues including swapping engine mounts, checking the shift linkage and reattaching the heat shield to the rear bumper.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:37 PM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

No p-car related stuff this weekend, but I did get a nice new shiny 1/2" drive torque wrench for Father's Day! I can't wait to go attack some lug nuts!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:14 PM
sundog
Race Director

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts

Only P-car action was seeing a nice Emerald Green 964 on the streets of Prague last week.

That and moving mine last night when we got back from the trip.

Next few weeks will be getting it ready for the next DE at Thunderhill!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My car is five hours away getting an alignment and corner-balance before I head down to Laguna Seca in a few weeks. I have sourced a few parts to work on the IAT's but can't get much without an engine to take measurements from.

Hawk, congrats on getting the old girl running again!

Marc
Old 06-18-2012, 09:59 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

took it to Culvers down the road. Runs great, but I smell stuff on the left side, like maybe burning oil off the exchangers.

Quick Reply: Happy Friggin Monday!!!!!