Sponsored by:

Determining interior color code

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Romanoaf
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Determining interior color code

Hi all, I need to order some interior trim pieces and I'm not really sure what my interior colour is (being colour blind doesn't help) my options card shows an NA for interior colour. To me it looks like a light tan.

The below picture may be a little lighter than reality

Old 04-09-2013, 11:46 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 223 Likes on 183 Posts

Linen but the carpets look like light grey

Are the carpet and leather/vnyal the same colour?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Romanoaf
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911PERVY
Linen but the carpets look like light grey

Are the carpet and leather/vnyal the same colour?
Yep, as far as I can tell they're the same. Any idea why the colour code would be NA? Two tone?
Old 04-09-2013, 12:32 PM
911PERVY
Banned

OK, look under the drivers carpet, where it fits under the seat there is what looks like a section of guttering, on that there should be a sticker, whats the last 3 digits on it?

I would bet its light grey and someone has had a go at the gearknob with some dye in the past and made it more beige or linen colour, you can just about see the pinky salmon colour of light grey in the creases
Old 04-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Romanoaf
Instructor

Looks like i will have no such luck haha sticker peeled off

Even the door compartment lid doesn't have a proper code

Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Shamus964
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sport seats.... sweeeeet
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Looks like Linen to me
Old 04-10-2013, 01:15 PM
meek
Burning Brakes

I thought that Linen and Light Grey were one and the same, just a MY name change? Anyway, looks like Linen to me. Were there other options that even looked close to Linen?
Old 04-10-2013, 01:38 PM
hamah
Pro

I would highly recommend contacting World Upholstery or someone similar and request samples of light grey shades used on Porsche used back in the days of the 930/964/993. I believe I have the same interior colour as you and was surprised to find it was neither Linen or Light Grey but a colour called "Raspberry" (even though it in no way looked like a colour of a raspberry I've ever seen). This way you can be sure.

Alternatively you could clean that shifter boot and have a colour match done by Color Plus and then dye any piece to match exactly . I just did this and the results were incredible (I'll post before and after shots of the seats I just did). If your colour is "Raspberry" you won't find that colour listed by Porsche (anywhere that I've found anyway) and so parts in the original colour were hard/impossible to find.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Romanoaf
Instructor

Thanks for the help, it looks like Linen is the most similar to my colour, although it looks more tan than grey to people I've asked. It could very well be an off colour like "raspberry"

Originally Posted by hamah
Alternatively you could clean that shifter boot and have a colour match done by Color Plus and then dye any piece to match exactly . I just did this and the results were incredible (I'll post before and after shots of the seats I just did). If your colour is "Raspberry" you won't find that colour listed by Porsche (anywhere that I've found anyway) and so parts in the original colour were hard/impossible to find.
That'd be great, I'd love to see a picture.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:11 PM
hamah
Pro

If you have had comments that the colour looks more tan then that does sound like linen. When I got the sample from World Upholstery that is what I noticed. It is difficult to tell from pics as some of your shots look like linen and some like raspberry.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:50 AM
911PERVY
Banned

There was no standard Porsche color called raspberry. I must admit it does look like 3 different colors in the photos due to the flash! Linen is magnolia, light grey is cream with a slight pink/grey hue. If the seats are that color look underneath and find a piece of leather that hasnt seen dirt, sun or dye!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:10 AM
hamah
Pro

Agreed that I also could did not find a standard colour referred to as raspberry (or non-standard for that matter) by Porsche or by seat cover vendors. The light grey colour sample I got from World Uphostry was darker than the colour I have and linen had a slight tan hue vs. the slight pink.

I was told of this colour "raspberry" when I went to a local firm that custom makes leather covers for restorations of rare cars (vs selling covers cut from patterns) because I could not get this match to linen or light grey. I then heard the name again from Color Plus after they had analyzed the color of my shift boot. Go figure.

Anyway the other thing I'll mention is I was not able to find a 1 inch square piece of material from an unexposed area under the seat to send out (the minimum size need to get a color match) and in addition my seats are vinyl on all surfaces (sides and back) but the actual seating surfaces. Apparently this is also very typical and it is far less common for a leather interior to actually be full leather (at least here in North America)
Old 07-08-2014, 11:43 AM
greg1990964
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a pic of a couple of samples Alan Gun out of Florida sent me. The one that matches my interior perfectly was Raspberry grey. I had a shift boot made and matched perfect.
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2014, 11:51 AM
greg1990964
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boot in Raspebery grey. I wasn't thrilled with the wrinkling of the leather where it goes into the cap, and the pattern cap was cheap matte finish so swapped it with original. I did a better job myself when I bought just the leather boot from the UK on last 964 and fitted it myself. The supplier in the UK did not have this color. Oh well, the boot will get filthy and worn in no time anyways. I have dirty hands..
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Determining interior color code