Sponsored by:

Radio Delete..amp?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:34 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio Delete..amp?

Tried to search this but got no joy.. do our cars have separate amps? it looks like there is one under the passenger seat..can it just be unplugged? as I am going to go for a lightweight C4 I want to take out stereo and any other bits (loom aside).
Old 04-16-2013, 08:11 AM
NateSaJack
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jack, think your right. Mine has amp removed from under passenger seat but the wires still in place.
Search doesn't seem to be working too well. I was trying to find your alignment results this morn but no joy ( pretty sure it was your post but maybe not?). I started using google to search rennlist.

Might help
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...e-oem-amp.html
Old 04-16-2013, 08:27 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NateSaJack
Jack, think your right. Mine has amp removed from under passenger seat but the wires still in place.
Search doesn't seem to be working too well. I was trying to find your alignment results this morn but no joy ( pretty sure it was your post but maybe not?). I started using google to search rennlist.

Might help
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...e-oem-amp.html
Thanks Nate!

This were my Geo settings... but Frank recommends going for 0 toe in...

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...-settings.html
Old 04-17-2013, 07:14 AM
newsboy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I believe the original radio did not have an amp. ,which is why there is one under the passenger seat.You can remove it and install a new radio(which has an amp), and use the space under the seat to junction all the speaker wires. Or, if you don;t want a radio, get rid of it all.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Cosmos99
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My factory amp was under the passenger seat. I unplugged and removed it along with all my speakers and radio a year ago. Don't need a radio when 3.6 liters of air cooled goodness is signing behind you.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

If you are going to remove Stock AMP and radio - remove all the wiring as there is a bunch.
If you are just removing AMP under passenger seat and installing new radio you can use existing speaker wire from AMP - but recommend cutting off wire that goes under passenger seat and splice new speaker wires to old or use connectors but do so above front of passenger footwell - lot of unnecessary wiring on the passenger floor.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:56 AM
Bertrand
Advanced

Maybe use 'Left / Right' instead of 'Passenger/Driver': Cars in the UK have a different location for the passenger than that of Continental Europe and the Americas....

Quick Reply: Radio Delete..amp?