Sponsored by:

Classic Le Mans

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 12:45 PM
StanUK951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks Andy.

Just to be clear everyone I'm suggesting the 120 euro option, which is stands plus general entry for whole weekend. Car park is free! Physical tickets usually get sent to my house shortly before the event and they usually cut it surprisingly fine. I will post tickets if we have time or bring to the event and we can arrange somewhere mutually convenient to meet, i.e. near a bar!

If you want to PayPal me just do it to stanleask @ gmail dot com

Ask I said, I won't wait till everyone has paid before booking and I will wait until tomorrow to book. Obviously if you don't want a ticket let me know also! Thanks.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

OK Stan - Sent you the 120€.

Everyone - The hotel I'm staying at is:

Ibis Tours Nord
Tel : (+33)2/47543220
318 bis, avenue Maginot CC La Petite Arche - 37100 TOURS
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...rd/index.shtml

It's a cheap place, but I don't plan on being their much and a hell of lot better than a tent!

Looking forward to it!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:34 PM
mf_rsr
Pro

Hey guys - I can't commit to those dates just yet. Once I know more I'll maybe book direct.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:32 AM
cuse92
Instructor

Originally Posted by Andy Roe
You have a PM Laurent.

OK, I've just booked a room for Friday and Saturday nights in a hotel just north of Tours centre. 59€ per night! Anyone interested then let me know and I'll pass on the details of which hotel it is.
Andy, if you can send me the info on the hotel I'm going to book a room. Thanks, Ben
Old 02-13-2014, 03:33 AM
cuse92
Instructor

OK sorry, I just worked my way to the end of the thread!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:48 AM
cuse92
Instructor

I'm book in the same hotel as Andy, arriving Thursday 3 July evening and departing on Sunday 6 July. If anyone wants to coordinate Eurotunnel crossings and hotel, let me know.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:59 AM
Bertrand
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 years ago m I stayed there:

http://www.grandesetapes.fr/fr/Chate...ure/index.html

Not close but I was late (I booked in June). It was very nice. Great restaurant, large rooms, beautiful location.

Oh and for those who like me have wondered for years where the opening shot of Mc Queens' Le Mans was made (and want to pilgrim there), it's on the D35, off the D4 south of Brûlon, first bridge - google street view has it). It hasn't changed at all, amazing.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:08 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cuse92
I'm book in the same hotel as Andy, arriving Thursday 3 July evening and departing on Sunday 6 July. If anyone wants to coordinate Eurotunnel crossings and hotel, let me know.
Great! See you there on the Friday!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:10 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Hi fella's

I've spoken to Onsite events and they have the following hotel available.

http://www.lecharlestonhotel.com/en/

It in the centre of Le Mans, has under ground parking and there are 5 rooms available.

In my opinion, staying near or in the centre is the best way to do this.

The down side is the price.
4 nights minimum @ approx. £800.00 this is for a double bed, so a bit to cosy for sharing!

If there is any interest, please let me know and I'll take it further. I haven't yet booked for my self.
The drive to Tours is a long way if you are going to be doing twice a day in my opinion. It's about 1hr 20 mins, plus Le Mans time, so add another 15 to 30 minutes!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:38 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, Tours is not the closest place to Le Mans, but I don't think it's too far considering the price difference and it should be an easy drive.

Looking at Google Maps, from the IBIS hotel to the Circuit de la Sarthe it's 56 minutes + a bit of extra time to get to the parking etc. 91km.

Having said that though, I can understand if people want to try for somewhere closer!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:07 AM
cuse92
Instructor

Originally Posted by STUARTQ
Hi fella's

I've spoken to Onsite events and they have the following hotel available.

http://www.lecharlestonhotel.com/en/

It in the centre of Le Mans, has under ground parking and there are 5 rooms available.

In my opinion, staying near or in the centre is the best way to do this.

The down side is the price.
4 nights minimum @ approx. £800.00 this is for a double bed, so a bit to cosy for sharing!

If there is any interest, please let me know and I'll take it further. I haven't yet booked for my self.
The drive to Tours is a long way if you are going to be doing twice a day in my opinion. It's about 1hr 20 mins, plus Le Mans time, so add another 15 to 30 minutes!
I'd be interested in moving closer. Sharing the room makes it not too bad. I'd even bring my sleeping bag and stay on the floor and let whomever I'm sharing with have the bed, I am not picky.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:47 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

If someone can find a hotel closer, I'd may be interested in moving closer too, although for me it'll only be the Friday and Saturday nights so the hotel suggested about wouldn't work.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:50 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

There are advantages of staying near to the circuit.
You can come and go as you please, have a good evening meal and return to watch some late night racing and be back in your hotel room for a good nights sleep and back in the morning for more.
Even for the 24 hr, I have never spent the whole night there.

I'm Ok for sharing, sleeping bags may not be so bad!

Andy, I did the drive down to Tours the Friday before the race for Lunch and it seemed a long drive there and back and you won't have much flexibility to do what you may want to do. It's just my opinion, it might suit you!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:56 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, I'm a little concerned about that now to be honest! I just booked the first hotel I found without thinking about it too much! D'oh! It's not a lot of money, so I'm OK if we decide on a different hotel.

What's the maximum number of people we can fit in a room in the hotel you suggested!! I'm happy to sleep on someone's floor too if needs be, but I'd only need Friday and Sat night. Also, they have 5 rooms free - what about parking - we'd need 10 spaces!!?
Old 02-13-2014, 09:00 AM
cuse92
Instructor

Stuart, if you can bag some rooms, I'm in and Frank has emailed to say he is in too. I tried to book directly and they said they were sold out! Could have been my American accent that mades the rooms mysteriously fill up though

Quick Reply: Classic Le Mans