Sponsored by:

insurance

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 10:10 AM
ryanowen
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default insurance

Anyone else wondering if their current insurance policy is up to snuff? All these wtb and for sale threads has me concerned that I've got my 964 undervalued from an insurance standpoint. Are you guys using book values as basis for your insurance or a stated value policy? KBB tells me my car is worth roughly 18k. Seems like that's a tad off...
Old 04-18-2014, 10:47 AM
tcabler
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a specialty or classic car policy because normally with those, YOU would set the agreed upon value. I definitely think $18K is too low.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm currently in this same sh1tty boat. I have a normal Progressive that isn't agreed value and will surely leave me screwed over in the event of a total loss.

My mom works in insurance and she got me a quote from JC Taylor, and they didn't fight a $30k agreed value amount, however the limitations make it seem like the car is intended strictly for car shows and parades. I'm afraid that if I went this route and something happen, I'd have a decent chance of getting my claim coverage denied.

So yea, I'm interested to hear from you guys w/ decent agreed value and non-show car policy limitations.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:32 AM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I could use a recommendation as we'll. I've got Chubb for all my insurance and they've pegged my car's replacement value at $13k which sucks. I'm also paying $1600/year for this policy which doubly sucks.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:50 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

I also have Chubb for everything and they told me the book was $11K or $13K to which I laughed and said no way. I have the 964 insured with them for a $30K agreed value (no driving restrictions) and when I recently asked about increasing the coverage, they told me I needed an appraisal. Once I bring it out of storage, I'll look into Leland West (PCA sponsor) or another insurer to make sure I am comfortable with the value.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

"Sabine" has a "Classic" plate in PA which means:
1) I have another car in my name
2) No annual registration fee
3) No emissions testing
4) I'm only suppose to drive occasionally (the car shows and Parade thing)
However this is unenforceable.

My Policy is with "American Modern"

The policy is for 6k miles per year and has an agreed upon value of $25k.
The difference between 3k and 6k miles per year is only about an extra $35

Total annual policy is ~ $375 a year, but I don't have the actual amount handy. (on the road)
Thankfully I've never made a claim so can't speak to how they deliver.

Check out the Hagerty valuation tool. A lot more realistic than KBB
YMMV good luck
-L

Quick Reply: insurance