Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And after...
Old 08-31-2014, 06:16 PM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetdaddy
How much would it hurt resale? ( not that i'm planning to sell for a long time!)
Car belongs to you, not the next owner. There are many more mods here that are a little more 'risky' than changing carpet colour... I think you'll be fine.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:35 PM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

I'm so happy with the way the Rennline bits look that the carpet goes down the list of upgrades. It covers up all the worn/ dirty carpet, and gives a cleaner look.
Now i can get the Wong chip i've been wanting!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:43 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by justin-in-athens
I'd change to black .... I think i'd keep it original ...
so which one?
Old 08-31-2014, 07:20 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really need to get a dead pedal like that, I never put my foot there because I don't wan to get my light carpets dirty either. Been thinking about the SRP Racing pedals. I'm afraid if I get the perforated pedalboard, too much dirt will make its way down through the holes.

By the way, my OEM floorboard has a pedal stop for to limit the extent of the clutch travel, did yours not have it? Or did you not switch it over?
Old 08-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

I will have to look at the old floorboard. Don't remember seeing one. When i took off the stock floorboard, i was surprised how little stuff was back there. There are still gaps where stuff could get back there....but apparently not much does.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

If you look at the fifth picture, the last one, you can see they use a bolt with a large washer in one of th e holes to have the clutch stop. Just mentioning because I know the Workshop manual states there should be a certain degree of clutch travel and that the clutch stop is there for that reason. Just mentioning, no expert here though.

http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Alu...oductinfo/F05/
Old 09-06-2014, 01:23 AM
moandrice
Intermediate

very nice streetdaddy! the pedal set looks great but I gotta ask about the carpet. how did you clean them up that well - a pro, home wet vac, photoshop? they look you could eat off them.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Moandrice,
I must admit i tried all the big players.(fostex and steam cleaning) it really did'nt come clean like i was hoping. The Porsche carpet is shaggy and hard to clean. The Rennline bits really just covered the dirty areas. I also did the after pic in b&w, so that really helped ,too.
Bottom line, i am thrilled with the look and also love the feel of a solid dead pedal. I didn't take pics of them but the metal door handles were well worth it. Gives a much better, solid feel to opening doors. All in all well worth $400.
I only wished i liked their shift ****! That's the last piece for my interior freshening up. I have a Momo Prototipo on the way. Will post a pic of that next week.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Pulled the plunge on SRP pedals. Question; how did you establish your drilling points for the deadpedal. Pulled back the carpet and see where to anchor the screws?
Old 09-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

No.. Just drilled with 1/16" bit.... I admit it took awhile to get each screw started. They are pretty short screws. Once they"bite" you are good to go.

Got my 911 chip yday. Need to install that today.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have linen carpet in my stock 964. I called appbiz today to inquire about replacing it. He said it isn't very desirable and they don't even carry it. He recommended black.
Would you guys put black carpet in? Should i look harder to find linen?
How much would it hurt resale? ( not that i'm planning to sell for a long time!)
I'm in the process of doing this during the winter when my car is off the road. I've taken delivery of black carpet set with black leather trim from Southbound in the UK (very popular here for accurate Porsche re-trims) cost £800. They also do Linen and all the other colours.

In the meanwhile I had black sisal over-mats from www.cocomats.com which is a fantastic compromise and a great half-way house. You can see a few shots my car in their gallery (with the Gulf jacket on the seat) here http://www.cocomats.com/porsche-gallery/ to get the idea.

What you can't see is the quality, these are heavy mats which will not move or wear out, I have absolutely no affiliation with Cocomats, I just figured that if they were good enough for Jay Leno and Singer, they were good enough for me and they are

Cheers,
Paul
Old 09-06-2014, 07:00 PM
baldy
Instructor

Hi Paul, did you get these from a UK / European source, or did you get them shipped from the US?
Old 09-07-2014, 05:22 AM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Baldy,

I ordered the directly from Cocmats, the contact is Drew. He has the template from my car for RHD 964. Great service from them.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 09-07-2014, 07:13 AM
baldy
Instructor

Cheers Paul, I'll drop him a note

Dave

Quick Reply: Linen carpet to black...hurt value?