Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BLACK BETTY - An obssesion with Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 02:52 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Given the sills are closer than usual to the ground, i don't think decal looks good there so perhaps no decal is best way to go even though one feels it needs something somewhere. Would have liked to see an image of Carrera RS on door too.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:25 PM
ALEX P
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Step away from the stickers Frank! It really doesn't need them.

How are you getting on with the IB?
Old 05-13-2016, 07:17 PM
Alex Sol
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

incredible looking yellow RS. tell the world.. haha Carrera RS - subtle ... my 2 cents...
Old 05-20-2016, 05:04 AM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Factory spoiler is on, so much better and a perfect color match. Just missing the badge, although I like the stealth of not having one - so may leave it be

Some quick phone snaps.

Originally Posted by jpar
No decal is perfect.
Originally Posted by Paul284pt
Hi Frank,

Amazing looking car!

What about trying just RS on the shark fins?
There's a thought.

Originally Posted by GazC2
Flippin nora Frank your a man on a mission lovin the pair of turbos and the wheels on the RS
Cheers. How are you getting on with your Turbo? Monster car that.

Originally Posted by Rey Gunn
I like the P O R S C H E on the lower valence. It does give it a nice updated look. I need to source me one too!

Originally Posted by Captain Ahab Jr.
no decal, looks peachy without, clutters up the lines for me but Carrera RS looks the cleanest of the options.

have you thought about doing it in transparent reflective vinyl for a more subtle look.

930 is a great car, good choice especially the 5-speed (love mine to bits), its a very different experience to a NA 3.6ltr, much less refined but still very enjoyable
Indeed, I must say it's fast becoming my favourite bar Betty. The boost delivery is addictive and it's so damn fast with the upgrades it came with.

Originally Posted by mnmlod
You make some beautiful cars. I check every day to see what you've done next.
Thanks for the support and interest

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Given the sills are closer than usual to the ground, i don't think decal looks good there so perhaps no decal is best way to go even though one feels it needs something somewhere. Would have liked to see an image of Carrera RS on door too.
Mmmm I think since a decal is removable, it'll be easy to switch back

Originally Posted by ALEX P
How are you getting on with the IB?
Awesome, absolutely besotted by it.

Originally Posted by Alex Sol
incredible looking yellow RS. tell the world.. haha Carrera RS - subtle ... my 2 cents...
Fair point!
Attached Images      

Last edited by BLACK-BETTY; 05-20-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:56 AM
olly964T
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks a million times better!

You have a pretty special collection. Are you on a mission for more or are you now done for a while?
Old 05-25-2016, 09:44 AM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Originally Posted by olly964T
Looks a million times better!

You have a pretty special collection. Are you on a mission for more or are you now done for a while?
Cheers fella, hows the 993?

At the moment I'm done. Later down the line though I'd be after a longhood hot rod (RSR or ST style) and a 964 Carrera 2 manual coupe to Outlaw. I have a specific spec I've been hatching for a dark metallic blue Outlaw build, a kind of super touring spec 964.

Last edited by BLACK-BETTY; 05-25-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:08 AM
olly964T
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY
Cheers fella, hows the 993?

At the moment I'm done. Later down the line though I'd be after a longhood hot rod (RSR or ST Style) and a 964 Carrera 2 manual coupe to Outlaw. I have a specific spec I've been hatching for a dark metallic blue Outlaw build, a kind of super touring spec 964.
The 993 is going well but not used very often. On the B roads its nicer to drive than the turbo, at least it is at my skill level but I do miss the raw power of the turbo. .that was addictive.

A longhood would go nicely in your collection.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:05 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY
.... 964 Carrera 2 manual coupe to Outlaw. I have a specific spec I've been hatching for a dark metallic blue Outlaw build, a kind of super touring spec 964.
About to go down a similar path, although it will be more of a sport touring. Tear down hasn't started yet so still have time to maul over 3.8 spec and which blue. Funnily enough this came about on the back of several false starts of an SC based 3.0 long hood RSR backdate project. That itch still remains to be scratched.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:11 PM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Final fit on the body is underway, next week the seats will get a restoration. After which it's off to the garage for new carpets, dials, service and BBS wheel fitment.

In the meantime I restored the Mag Cup 1s to their original silver. Here are the latest pics, one of which shows the colour coded under body...

Originally Posted by olly964T
A longhood would go nicely in your collection.
I have a 73T with a few hidden hot rod mods, incredible machine. You really need to put in the work, but it keeps up with standard 964s all day long. Light weight makes all the difference. Proper sensory experience. It's pictured earlier in this thread. Mechanically it's sorted, but it has some body issues that need sorting in due time.

About to go down a similar path, although it will be more of a sport touring. Tear down hasn't started yet so still have time to maul over 3.8 spec and which blue. Funnily enough this came about on the back of several false starts of an SC based 3.0 long hood RSR backdate project. That itch still remains to be scratched.
If you need any help deciding engine specs, let me know. It's something I've done before following months of research, deliberation and miles of experience living with a 3,8.
Attached Images      
Old 06-08-2016, 04:40 PM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Couple more snaps.
Attached Images   
Old 06-08-2016, 05:32 PM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Simply stunning.

Would be great to have a natter about 3.8 - will PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Jamie Summers
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Frank ! Out of curiosity who re-furbed the wheels for you ? I'm sure you know about the issues with Magnesium wheels.
I know from my own experience that if you don't get them done using the correct process, you will end up doing them again in a year or so as the paint starts to bubble....

Jamie
Old 06-10-2016, 01:21 AM
mnmlod
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

That car looks wonderful. Great job.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:57 AM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Well Ella is now back on the road. Absolutely love her, light and fast.

All leather was cleaned and re-dyed. New wheels on, new harnesses and mats in. Next is new carpet set, gauge faces, refurbish calipers, yellow belts, re-install the factory steering wheel, big service and a few minor details.

After a year of having her off the road, I'm thrilled.

Simply stunning.
Cheers fella. How'd it go with Nick?

Originally Posted by Jamie Summers
Looks good Frank ! Out of curiosity who re-furbed the wheels for you ? I'm sure you know about the issues with Magnesium wheels.
Indeed, tricky material.

Originally Posted by mnmlod
That car looks wonderful. Great job.
Thanks
Attached Images          
Old 06-23-2016, 11:21 AM
memo555
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meh.. OK looking, I guess

If you guys think the photos of the car look nice, you should see it in person. Really stunning, yet not so far from what the car was intended to be and to look like from factory. Very tastefully and carefully done!

Quick Reply: BLACK BETTY - An obssesion with Porsche