Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shiny moton clubsport with all the trimmings!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 07:35 AM
porsche mania
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shiny moton clubsport with all the trimmings!

So I decided to pay myself a little bonus from work after one of the hardest summer's we've had in the shop, I promptly spent said bonus before the girlfriend started getting any ideas!
The plan is to install the suspension at the same time as a set is 993rs uprights and all the associated parts. The shocks have just arrived and they look great. Can't say enough good things about Curtis at Ast/moton UK, super friendly guy and really knows his onions. Had to get him up to speed on the differences between the early and late model cars as moton only list for cup cars ie shorter shock tower, but he took it all on board and actually listened to all my concerns about ride height etc!
What I want to do is show all the stuff I think I need as it arrives and then hopefully you guys can let me know what bits I haven't thought of!
First here's the car, Sat out side one of my favourite UK tracks, cadwell park
Name:  IMAG3335_zps3sub9ver.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  358.1 KB
Short of the rear bumper centre section and underseal she's an rs with cup shocks. Unfortunately the car handled much better and was much more confidence inspiring before I lowered it this much but being a sucker for good looks I didn't want to lift the car, the progressive springs didn't help the bump steer either. I know this is an expensive way round a simple problem but I love this car and it deserves it!
First bits to arrive
Name:  IMAG3695_zpsiv7zbzla.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  332.5 KB
Name:  IMAG3699_zpsbegjvbwe.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  235.0 KB
Name:  IMAG3704_zpsbxsmoduk.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  320.1 KB
Hopefully the uprights will have been delivered to my home today so I'll try get pictures up tonight. Jim
Old 11-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

Moton CS + RS uprights (correct geometry) will totally transform the car!!
You won't believe the difference before you feel it your self.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:26 AM
porsche mania
Pro

Originally Posted by Juha G
Moton CS + RS uprights (correct geometry) will totally transform the car!!
You won't believe the difference before you feel it your self.
Glad to hear it juha g ,you've got me even more excited to get this fitted now!I take it you have this set up for your car? Is it usable on the street?
Old 11-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Jamie Summers
Racer

Originally Posted by porsche mania
Can't say enough good things about Curtis at Ast/moton UK, super friendly guy and really knows his onions. Had to get him up to speed on the differences between the early and late model cars as moton only list for cup cars ie shorter shock tower, but he took it all on board and actually listened to all my concerns about ride height etc!
My own experiences of dealing with AST were rather less positive. Great quality kit - service less so......... I can only hope that this has improved, which your post suggests is the case. I hope it works out well !

Jamie
Old 11-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche mania
Glad to hear it juha g ,you've got me even more excited to get this fitted now!I take it you have this set up for your car? Is it usable on the street?
Yes, I have motons and RS geometry in both of my 993s. A night and day difference to pretty much anything else (bilsteins etc.).

I have 600 and 800lbs springs in my "street" 993 and it is very streetable.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jamie Summers
My own experiences of dealing with AST were rather less positive. Great quality kit - service less so......... I can only hope that this has improved, which your post suggests is the case. I hope it works out well !

Jamie
I have been dealing with Moton for years and allways very good customer service.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:52 AM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do Moton CS have high speed bypass valving for the 2-way adjustable versions? Only thing I don't like about them is lack of provisions for ABS sensor wiring and brake line.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Jamie Summers
Racer

Originally Posted by Juha G
I have been dealing with Moton for years and allways very good customer service.
I'm talking specifically about AST, and my dealings with the UK rep (indirectly) and HQ in the Netherlands (directly), were some way short of acceptable. It's a very long story, and I don't wish to take this thread off -track when the OP has expressed satisfaction with his purchase experience.

Jamie
Old 11-04-2015, 12:38 PM
pantera43
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! As mentioned you are going to love the transformation of the car. Had a set on my past 964 and was totally satisfied with the product to say the least!

Dan
Old 11-04-2015, 08:36 PM
xcoldricex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheG96
Do Moton CS have high speed bypass valving for the 2-way adjustable versions? Only thing I don't like about them is lack of provisions for ABS sensor wiring and brake line.
my motons had places to remount the abs wires and brake line brackets. i just had to take them off the oem struts. they are the 2 way motorsport ones though.

Quick Reply: Shiny moton clubsport with all the trimmings!